The BEST new artist!

PrlGrl23PrlGrl23 Posts: 22
edited July 2006 in Other Music
Hello fellow Jammers! I still cannot stray from my original love of Pj, but you have to admit there is some great talent out there! What's you favorite New Artist?? And the award goes to:

I have found a new kind of release. James Blunt is in fact the best new artist I've heard in ages. The lyrics are beautiful, James is full of talent, and "back to bedlam" is the most addicting album on the planet! (not to mention he has a beautiful britisg accent and a great body!!) If you haven't heard it, please be sure to make it a point to do so. Then, buy it! Yeah, it's THAT good!

Your Turn!!! :):):):):)
~The ocean is full 'cause everyone's crying~

One great big festering neon distraction,
Ive a suggestion to keep you all occupied.
Learn to swim.

http://www.myspace.com/wrinkle_in_time
http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i159/prlgrl23/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• http://www.lesbreastfeeders.ca/musique/ go to the mp3 section and enjoy!
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • pariahpariah Posts: 596
    They're not that new, but I think Bloc Party is the best band that has emerged since At The Drive-In... Silent Alarm is a stunnig debut.

Not that new either, the Dissociatives are bloody brilliant too... comparable to (if not better than) Silverchair's best work.
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • pariah wrote:
    They're not that new, but I think Bloc Party is the best band that has emerged since At The Drive-In... Silent Alarm is a stunnig debut.

i completey agree, they are the best new band of 05 for sure !!!
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    I haven't bought a debut album in forever. I would probably agree with Bloc Party, only because I can't think of another debut album from 2005(or 06) that I actually listened to. I don't think Bloc Party is that great, but they may win by default.

I am awaiting the Arctic Monkeys first album, I've heard a lot of good things about them.
  • im listening to silent alarm right now

great album!!!!
  • There are a TON of amazing indie rock bands out there now.

so many so that the indie will become a genre and the true "indie" bands will sound completely different in ten years (or sooner).

take your pick from the lot :)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
    Wave came crashing...
  • {[No_Code}]{[No_Code}] Posts: 4,059
    The Arcade Fire
    Wilco
    White Stripes
    Muse
    Wolf parade
    So that is how I learned the lesson that everyone is alone. And your eyes must do some raining if you are ever going to grow. But when crying don't help and you can't compose yourself. It is best to compose a poem, an honest longing or simple song of hope.
    That is why I'm singing
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Kaiser Chiefs.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    well they have been around a couple of years now.....but id have to say Billy Talent
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    James Blunt should be shot.

And a lot of these bands have been around 5 years or so. Hardly new.

ummm Mastodon maybe. They are the shit.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Iron and Wine
    The Decemberists
    Kaiser Chiefs
    Franz Ferdinand
    Kings of Convenience

I don't know if all of those can be considered new enough for this poll, but they're all great.
  • PrlGrl23 wrote:
    Hello fellow Jammers! I still cannot stray from my original love of Pj, but you have to admit there is some great talent out there! What's you favorite New Artist?? And the award goes to:

I have found a new kind of release. James Blunt is in fact the best new artist I've heard in ages. The lyrics are beautiful, James is full of talent, and "back to bedlam" is the most addicting album on the planet! (not to mention he has a beautiful britisg accent and a great body!!) If you haven't heard it, please be sure to make it a point to do so. Then, buy it! Yeah, it's THAT good!

Your Turn!!! :):):):):)
    Just tried to get ticket's for his 3/18 show at the Orpheum in Boston...all sold out...WTF!?! I didn't think he was that popular...wahhhh...I wanna go!!!:(
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    shinedown....!

http://www.shinedown.com

click on the "Save Me" video

kick ass rock like you remember it..!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    '{&#91 wrote: »
    ']The Arcade Fire
    Wilco
    White Stripes
    Muse
    Wolf parade

best new band Wilco or white strips. no offense but they have been around for a very long time. and i am so tired of The Arcade Fire. every where i go i hear them and i am sick of it. the best new band that i have heard is Metric.
    locked wrote:
    shinedown....!

if the rock you remember was Creed
  • locked wrote:
    shinedown....!

Just checked them out On Demand...there's two versions of "Save Me"...original video, and rare accoustic...you just have to fish around for it!!
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    imspinnin wrote:
    Just checked them out On Demand...there's two versions of "Save Me"...original video, and rare accoustic...you just have to fish around for it!!

"I know someday you'll have a beautiful life...!"
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • I really like the Killers. I just wish they weren't so damn arrogant.
  • just because he's a nice guy,
    i'll say:

Gasoline Heart

out of FLA.
    album coming out in about 2 months, produced by Steve Albini (think In Utero) ... album artwork done by ... well ... you'll just have to wait and see.

;)
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • white stripes? new??? no./

Bloc Party by far best band of 05. best debut in ages..

not that great live though, maybe its just the limited catalogue!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • CLAP YOUR HANDS SAY YEAH!

-The Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth
    -Details of the War
    -Let the Cool Goddess Rust Away

Go get it now!
    Wave came crashing...
  • Actually I've just listened through Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say About Me That's What I'm and it's actually really good.

So the best new bands right now must be Arctic Monkeys followed by Bloc Party and My Morning Jacket ( Not really new but Z was last years best album so).

Peace Babochska
    ~=Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue with that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first - rock and roll or Christianity. =~
  • DercheefDercheef Posts: 732
    The newest band I listen to right now are the Kooks. They are from England,have a britpop sound, I like them :)
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • danko jones!!!
  • InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    scout niblett is kinda new

yeah yeah yeahs are almost kinda new sortof

pelican maybe
    It just seems like everyone here he is working for these bands, and most of them suck.

Pelican is way cool, though.

"March To The Sea" is colossal
  • Little known band, State Radio is a fantastic rock/reggae group.

the rapper Sage Francis is just awesome too
    "I'm like an opening band for the sun"
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    For me its the Artic monkeys . Their album is truly amazing. It has grown and grown on me and lyrics are great.
  • My Morning Jacket

the Black Keys
    i'll trade you my tee shirt for a grilled cheese