New U2 Album

2»

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    g under p wrote:
    There's no need to have the other band members active when you have a frontman like Bono @ US Festival 83'.

Peace

Bump....Checkout his antics on stage and above it. This was one THE most memorable moments from the entire US Festival. It was what basically got them recognized in America.

"Bring on the Crowd, I Love this Crowd".

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• spnkrispnkri Posts: 137
    One of their songs "Mercy" has been floating around for a couple of years. I believe it's one of the songs cut from HTDAAB, but Bono said in a recent interview that it would be included on their new album. Anyway, it's certainly better than any other song that was released on their last album, in my opinion. I wonder why it got cut? Has anyone else heard this?
  • I wish rap would go away. If we're wishing popular music away that is where I'd start. I can give or take U2. I'd rather hear their music blasting out of speakers of the teenagers cars than BOMP, BOMP, BOMP yeah niggas,yeeeeah,mudderfuka dis and mudderfuka that, I'm a mudderfukin pimp raise yo mudderfukin hands in the air. yeeeeaaah, word.
    the Minions
    spnkri wrote:
    One of their songs "Mercy" has been floating around for a couple of years. I believe it's one of the songs cut from HTDAAB, but Bono said in a recent interview that it would be included on their new album. Anyway, it's certainly better than any other song that was released on their last album, in my opinion. I wonder why it got cut? Has anyone else heard this?

I'm not sure why it was cut but maybe it was just due to it didn't fit in what they were attempting to do on that particular album...HTDAAB.

However here's the song MERCY. Also on this video is that E. Vedder @ the 5:04 mark Mercy II?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• I dont know what it is about U2 but I just dont like them. I dont know if it's there music that bugs me or the fact that the guitarist calls himself The Edge but something really bugs me about them and I can't pin point it.

Just thought id share.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
    ....Or it could be there world-wide popularity.....or there very expensive concert tickets?

Peace