beatles-love
    JJ cale and clapton.
    bruce springsteen seeger sessions
    dylan modern times..
    im 25 :)
    new music sucks.
    I change by not changing at all.
  • Sonja_SSonja_S Posts: 444
    I got 9th row tickets for Kris Kristofferson in March, does that make me ancient? :D
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Sonja_S wrote:
    I got 9th row tickets for Kris Kristofferson in March, does that make me ancient? :D
    That makes you cool.:D
  • Sonja_SSonja_S Posts: 444
    cutback wrote:
    That makes you cool.:D

:cool:
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I'm sorry I just hate the guy :) I think he is an incredibly limited and vastly overrated guitarist. He is so middle-of-the-road now its unbelievable, his rootsy blues shtick is just boring. The last good song Clapton wrote is Layla and that doesn't even compare to Cream, who I never thought were as good as people say anyway. I'm sure some love him but I just can't stand him.

That's fine. But I hate when people say that they don't like Clapton because he hasn't done anything good in a while (not that you're necessarily doing that). This is just annoying though because, I believe that some of his work is easily some of the best out there. Period. And also, Jimi Hendrix hasn't done anything great in a long time either (obviously), but people don't hold that against him, or say that he's irrelevant now.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    daanarts wrote:
    JJ cale and clapton.

How is this? I haven't heard anything, but read an article and it sounded like it would be pretty good.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • daanartsdaanarts Posts: 130
    yosi wrote:
    How is this? I haven't heard anything, but read an article and it sounded like it would be pretty good.
    i dont know yet. listend to it once.. wasnt very impressed. but i didnt know what to expect. not convinced yet
    I change by not changing at all.
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    new bands suck ass ....for the most part

completely true. I hate all this wimpy emo and indie stuff that's popular. What happened to good ol rock and roll?
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    death cab for cutie
    minus the bear

If the person you're buying music for likes wimpy and boring music, by all means check out the above bands.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    last 3 cds i bought were the allman brothers, rod stewart, and eric clapton. any sugestions on which new band to take a chance on?

If you like the classic rock sound, check out these new artists...really cool stuff:

The Living Things
    Wolfmother
    The Black Angels
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • last 3 cds i bought were the allman brothers, rod stewart, and eric clapton. any sugestions on which new band to take a chance on?

The Black Keys. http://www.theblackkeys.com
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    yield2me wrote:
    If you like the classic rock sound, check out these new artists...really cool stuff:

The Living Things
    Wolfmother
    The Black Angels
    I haven't listened to the first two, but I can vouch for The Black Angels. Just got done listening to Passover. Sort of the Doors meets the Velvet Underground.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
    hippiemom wrote:
    I haven't listened to the first two, but I can vouch for The Black Angels. Just got done listening to Passover. Sort of the Doors meets the Velvet Underground.

It's awesome! love love it...and Wolfmother sounds like they're right out of 1975!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    yield2me wrote:
    It's awesome! love love it...and Wolfmother sounds like they're right out of 1975!
    I love it too :D I see you're in Texas, I'm going to assume you've seen them? I caught them at a tiny club here last summer. They put on a really good show, despite being in a total shithole of a venue, lol. I got to talk to Alex and Jen for a bit, both super nice people :)
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
    hippiemom wrote:
    I love it too :D I see you're in Texas, I'm going to assume you've seen them? I caught them at a tiny club here last summer. They put on a really good show, despite being in a total shithole of a venue, lol. I got to talk to Alex and Jen for a bit, both super nice people :)

haven't seen them yet...sadly :( The last time they were in Dallas I had to work and couldn't go
  • new bands suck ass ....for the most part

Couldn't have said it better myself. It's weird, I'm 24 but I sound like an old man.

Unfortunately, the US and rest of the free world is in a slump for talent. I don't believe this will be permanent though, maybe in the future a new scene will emerge that gives hope for the future of rock and roll.
    www.myspace.com/olafvonmastadon
  • yield2me wrote:

It's not natural man, just a show is all it is.

It's a querky fad that's suckering people out of cash based entirely on its "neato" retroness.
    www.myspace.com/olafvonmastadon
    It's not natural man, just a show is all it is.

It's a querky fad that's suckering people out of cash based entirely on its "neato" retroness.

no it's good music...simple as that
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    Wolfmother would be a bar band if it was 1994
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Derek Trucks

Derek Trucks = God
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V