Options

"Best show other than Pearl Jam"

2»

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,894
    Mr. Stevie Ray Vaughn twice. 1st @ Ohio State Fair $5. Way more bang for the buck. 2nd couple months before the crash.

Tool- Ozfest
    Rush G under P tour

The worst?
    Black Crowes current tour
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    The best live bands on the planet, in no particular order (the ones I've seen anyway):

The Tragically Hip
    Wilco
    Pearl Jam
    Drive-By Truckers
    U2
    The Boss
    Tom Waits
    Arcade Fire
    Radiohead
    The Constantines
    Wintersleep
    Sam Roberts Band
    Foo Fighters
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    Pink Floyd
    TOOL
    EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0031
    WHAAHYEAH!!
  • Options
    roger waters last 2 tours have been better than any pj show i ever saw but that is only because waters has 30+years of hits :)

amused to death
  • Options
    Hip
    Primus
    Sam Roberts
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    radiohead or sigur ros
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    sleater-kinney
    mudhoney
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    Damien Rice (with original band only - aint the same without Lisa & TomO)
    DJ Yoda (AV show - simply,one of the most entertaining gigs ive ever been to)
    Me First & The Gimme Gimmes (might not sound like a serious contender, but they are for the same reason DJ Yoda is)
    Muse (if you see them from close up its spectacularly loud)
    Neil Young
    Radiohead
    Sigur Ros
    U2

if id seen RATM, Daft Punk, Explosions In The Sky, Prince, Leonard Cohen or Tom Waits i might include those too.
  • Options
    mertmert Posts: 167
    The Tragically Hip wins hands down for me. Last time I saw the Hip my cheeks hurt from laughing and smiling and singing along the whole time. Similar to Pearl Jam, they balance performing with entertaining perfectly - I'm not into all kinds of props, but you also don't want to listen to a band that is as dynamic as a water bottle live... :)

Runners up would be Sam Roberts and Brad Paisley - the man can play! :)
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,351
    Mmj
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    RAT!RAT! Posts: 115
    seeing nick cave and the bad seeds the other night may be one of the best

live musical performances i've seen lately anyway
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    How is Nine Inch Nails not in this thread yet?
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    JaneNY wrote:

I listed them. They put on a great live show, to be sure. Just not in Arcade Fire's league.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • Options
    dirtdirt Posts: 398
    JaneNY wrote:

I listed them explianing why I think they're better than the rest right now.
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    ^^ Sorry heh - I should have looked harder at the other entries! They are good though.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    My top 5:
    1. NIN (amazing visuals on this last tour, go see it!)
    2. A Perfect Circle (I really miss them)
    3. Rob Zombie (Devil's Rejects tour. No lights, no go go dancers, no robots. just got up there and rocked it out with John 5)
    4. Tool (would list higher but last time was a disappointment, couldn't hear maynard at all)
    5. Korn (from untouchables tour, before they were gay)
    Lexington 4.21.03, Chicago 5.16.06, Cincinnati 6.24.06, Lollapalooza 8.5.07, Virginia Beach 6.17.08, Camden 6.19.08, Camden 6.20.08, East Troy (PJ20) 9.3.11, East Troy (PJ20) 9.4.11, Wrigley 7.19.13, Pittsburgh 10.11.13, Cincinnati 10.1.14, Lexington 4.26.16, Wrigley 8.20.16, Wrigley 8.22.16, Wrigley 8.18.18, Wrigley 8.20.2018, Fenway 9.4.18, New York 3.30.20, Nashville 4.2.20, St. Louis 4.4.20, Bourbon & Beyond 9.17.22, Indianapolis 9.10.2023
  • Options
    GetALifeGetALife Posts: 554
    Well, I'm not that experienced in live shows that much... BUT ... The Mars Volta are my favourites next to PJ ... the perfect mixture between organizing complex music with letting-it-go-jams ... they rock your body and at the same time blow your mind with a stunning instrumental performance ... I was a true Zappa-fan earlier and these boys are the perfect (following) mixture of complexity and rock'n'roll...
    # 2000: Hamburg # 2006: Berlin # 2007: Munich * Dusseldorf # 2009: Berlin * Manchester * London # 2010: Dublin * Belfast * Berlin # 2012: Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen # 2014: Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2 # EV 2017: Berlin ____  * 2018: Amsterdam I & II * Prague * Krakow * Berlin # 2022: Berlin- Vienna - Prague - Amsterdam I - Amsterdam II
  • Options
    favorite band (more than any other band) is moe. live shows are incredible, and every one is better than the last. i've seen them 54 times over 8 years. the jams are incredible, the interaction with the crowd is great, the lights are fan-fucking-tastic, the price can never be beat. i love seeing this band live and try harder than hell to make sure i get to see them whenever they're close.

other bands that are great to see live:

robert randolph and the family band
    u-melt
    flaming lips
    rusted root
    presidents of the united states of america
    fishbone

there's more, i just can't think of them all right now.
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    some of my favorite live acts include Wilco, KoRn, RHCP, MMJ, DMB and Gov't Mule
    But I've yet to see RATM, Foo Fighters, and Neil Young but I'm seeing Uncle Neil @ The Garden on 12/15 w/Wilco
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    some of my favorite live acts include Wilco, KoRn, RHCP, MMJ, DMB and Gov't Mule
    But I've yet to see RATM, Foo Fighters, and Neil Young but I'm seeing Uncle Neil @ The Garden on 12/15 w/Wilco

gov't mule, how could i have forgotten to put them on my list. thanks for reminding me.
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.