Jeff Buckley

2»

Comments

• anytime i listen to Grace and "Hallelujah" comes on, i have to stop and just admire the sheer beauty of this song. his vocals, in general, are spectacular but in this song he just nails every note. his voice is so natural and effortless. what an amazing musician. a very sad loss :(
    1998 : 9/19
    2000 : 9/4
    2003 : 7/1
    2006 : 5/30
    2007 : 8/5
    2008 : 6/17; 6/19; 6/20; 6/22; 6/24; 6/25; 8/16 (EV); 8/21 (EV); 8/22 (EV)
    2009 : 6/11 (EV); 6/12 (EV); 8/23; 8/24; 10/27; 10/28; 10/30; 10/31
    2010 : 5/13
    2012 : 9/2; 9/21; 11/27 (EV); 11/28 (EV)
  • soulshine wrote:
    I'm sooooooooooooo jealous.

If ever there was a tragedy in the loss of a musician, it was him. His music has meant a ton to me......he gives me chills, even the way he talks, search him on youtube and listen to some interviews or the interview from his EP of Grace....he was a beautiful soul. If there's a heaven, I hope he's singing me in when my day comes.... ;)

He played Cambridge Junction, in something like 1995. I can't quite remember the year. The Junction was a much smaller venue then, than it is now. I think it would only have held a few hundred, in those days. I went to see him because I was, and still am, a Tim Buckley fan. I know that comparisons are unfair, but inevitable. I'm still more of a Tim fan. But I really liked Jeff. I was close enough to make frequent eye contact: he was an intense performer but also an easygoing, normal kind of bloke onstage. He was obviously very bright, too. I remember thinking, it's cool having somebody like Jeff around, with taste, passion, and ideas. You felt that as long as there were artists like Jeff was around, the music world was safe, just yet.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    He played Cambridge Junction, in something like 1995. I can't quite remember the year. The Junction was a much smaller venue then, than it is now. I think it would only have held a few hundred, in those days. I went to see him because I was, and still am, a Tim Buckley fan. I know that comparisons are unfair, but inevitable. I'm still more of a Tim fan. But I really liked Jeff. I was close enough to make frequent eye contact: he was an intense performer but also an easygoing, normal kind of bloke onstage. He was obviously very bright, too. I remember thinking, it's cool having somebody like Jeff around, with taste, passion, and ideas. You felt that as long as there were artists like Jeff was around, the music world was safe, just yet.

interesting. for years i held off listening to TIM because of my love of jeff. last year i gave in. i bought his eponymous album and hello goodbye, as well as greetings from LA. i didn't take to tim's voice at all. i couldn't sing along with him. so i left him upon my shelf for a while. i came back and again gave him a go. this time i was more appreciative. i think i needed time for his voice to sink into my thick head. i bought a couple of more albums. but for me jeff is the one. we need the buckleys of this world. unfortunately there are just not enough of them around. but then again, maybe that's the way it should be.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • grace was such an awesome album obviously but he would have made such great music after that period. listening to songs like "the sky is a landfill" and "everybody's here" only reinforces that view.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • Jeff Buckley was a truly amazing musician.