Jeff Buckley

OlivavuOlivavu Posts: 1,683
edited December 2006 in Other Music
I am a massive fan of the man's music and was wondering if anyone else here shares my enthusiasm for the late and great gent himself?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Olivavu wrote:
    I am a massive fan of the man's music and was wondering if anyone else here shares my enthusiasm for the late and great gent himself?

Definitely. I listen to Grace at least once or twice a month and am still amazed at his genius. Damn shame he died young. if you haven't already, go pick up the book Dream Brother. Great read about him and his dad Tim.
  • Saw him live. He was good.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    love him
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i go through periodic buckley binges where i'll listen to him and nothing else.

loved his work. only found him after he died though.

still kinda feel bad how there were so many releases after his death that i'm sure he didn't want out there at all.
  • love his work as well. Both father and son dying so young. If you are interested you might want to review some of his father's work as well.

I really only got into Jeff after his death. An ex-boyfriend tried to get me to listen to him when he first came out and for what ever stupid reason I just did not. I then got re-introduced to Jeff at a wedding and I never looked back. Good stuff. Incredible voice. Just a shame that we lost him so soon.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    His version of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" is amazing!
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    As soon as i saw this thread i put on a live performance i have that he did in japan, amazing.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • yes it is.
    cutback wrote:
  • OlivavuOlivavu Posts: 1,683
    His ability to take someone else's song and make it so undoubtedly his was a fantastic talent.

One of the few artists that is on a level with Pearl Jam for me.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    cutback wrote:

I'll agree. It sends chills down my spine. Grace is a masterpiece.
  • love him my favourite song has to be lover, you should've come over
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    prodacake wrote:
    love him my favourite song has to be lover, you should've come over
    yes, me too.
    i can't tell you what jeff's music does to me. it takes me to a whole other place. hearing him laugh at the end of 'alligator wine' is such a treasure.
    the other day i heard tom morello describe jeff's version of 'hallelujah' as the most beautiful song in western music and my heart just leapt.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • incredible voice and very unique style :cool:
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Can you guys introduce me a little better to this I haven't heard about this person before but it sounds very interesting.
    11/5/93 Indio, CA;11/6/95 SD; 7/13/98 LA; 10/24/00 LA; 10/28/00 SB; 4/1/03 CO; 6/2/03 OC; 6/5/03 SD; 9/2/05 BC; 7/9-10/06 LA; 10/21/06 Bridge; 12/9/06 Oahu; 10/27/07 Bridge; 4/12/08 Eddie; 6/30/08 Mansfield; 9/30/09 Universal; 7/9/11 Eddie; 11/23-24/13 LA; 11/26/13 Oak.;10/22/13 CO
  • Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Mickey1794 wrote:
    Can you guys introduce me a little better to this I haven't heard about this person before but it sounds very interesting.
    Here's a 4 song mini sampler of Jeff:
    Last Goodbye
    Hallelujah
    Lover, You Should've Come Over
    Eternal Life

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=6308FEF27D939953
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i love live @ sine the most.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • sebaarg88sebaarg88 Posts: 1,277
    prodacake wrote:
    love him my favourite song has to be lover, you should've come over

Definetely one of my favourites songs ever
    only love can break your heart
    but only love can brake your fall
  • So Real has been playing in my head for the past three hours, reminds me I need to go and listen to it more ;)
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Saw him live. He was good.
    You lucky, lucky, lucky b*stard!!!

Jeff Buckley is just magical, surreal. Amazing voice, amazing songs.....
  • buckley is timeless. absolutely amazing. i named my golden retriever "buckley" after him.

supposedly he covered a pearl jam song (i think indifference) and played it for ed and it blew ed away. this is complete heresay; i've never heard his cover, someone just posted about this once on the board.
  • i named my golden retriever "buckley" after him.
    Have you not seen The Royal Tennenbaums?
  • Have you not seen The Royal Tennenbaums?

i have. but that was a beagle. seems like william f. and not jeff would have been the inspiration for that dogs name ;)
  • i have. but that was a beagle. seems like william f. and not jeff would have been the inspiration for that dogs name ;)
    Ah good point :D
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    you should hear some of his fathers music, I got the Honeyman live album recently and have to say no question I prefer tims voice, richer and ultimatly he has (obviously) a greater collection of songs. Ive always thought Grace to be slightly flawed, certainly not an opinion much shared tho
  • hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    Saw him live. He was good.
    I can't even put into words how jealous I am!!!!
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    Yard Of Blonde Girls-listening to it now. Buckley is fantastic!
  • he makes me all OOOOO with lovies
  • Saw him live. He was good.

I'm sooooooooooooo jealous.

If ever there was a tragedy in the loss of a musician, it was him. His music has meant a ton to me......he gives me chills, even the way he talks, search him on youtube and listen to some interviews or the interview from his EP of Grace....he was a beautiful soul. If there's a heaven, I hope he's singing me in when my day comes.... ;)
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need ~ BenHarper

http://www.myspace.com/soulshine70
  • soulshine wrote:
    I'm sooooooooooooo jealous.

If ever there was a tragedy in the loss of a musician, it was him. His music has meant a ton to me......he gives me chills, even the way he talks, search him on youtube and listen to some interviews or the interview from his EP of Grace....he was a beautiful soul. If there's a heaven, I hope he's singing me in when my day comes.... ;)

Gave me chills when I first heard him as well. Too bad I found him a few months before he died. My first reaction was NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it can't be!! Then I thought "we have lost someone someone great here". Another thought was "i will never see him live" :(

Lucky the peeps that did see him live!

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=CAEC8CC292E2B765