audioslave

StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
edited August 2006 in Other Music
if everyone who listens to audioslave went out and bought a copy of "Lonesome Crowded West" by Modest Mouse, they'd realize what real rock n roll is and the world would be a better place.

:D
"What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• StoneG82 wrote:
    if everyone who listens to audioslave went out and bought a copy of "Lonesome Crowded West" by Modest Mouse, they'd realize what real rock n roll is and the world would be a better place.

If you jumped off a bridge the world would be a better place.

• DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    What? There are people who don't like Audioslave? I never knew! :)
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • heh, Modest Mouse is pretty low on the list of bands when I think of the term rock n roll.
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Hmmm I have to back StoneG82 on this one.

My favourite part of this will be replies like the second one. The more popular the band you make fun of, the more inane replies you get. I love it.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Echoes wrote:
    Hmmm I have to back StoneG82 on this one.

No surprise there.
  • StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    I can't wait to hear Pearl Jam and Toast's response.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • hahahahahahahahahaha

Both bands are fucking toilet. Honestly, some people! :rolleyes:
    www.myspace.com/dhmarks - Me

www.myspace.com/jackietreehornmusic - The Band
    I think i'm going to make an official "chris cornell dick sucking" thread.

people, he's overrated. audioslave isnt half the band that rage against the machine was, and i'm not really a big fan of them, either.

and modest mouse isn't "fucking toilet" or whatever you just said.
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    Not a huge fan of either, but I'd chose Modest Mouse if I had to.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    StoneG82 wrote:
    I think i'm going to make an official "chris cornell dick sucking" thread.

people, he's overrated. audioslave isnt half the band that rage against the machine was, and i'm not really a big fan of them, either.

and modest mouse isn't "fucking toilet" or whatever you just said.

yeah cause we need another thread bashing chris cornell and audioslave, seriously go have a wank or something, there are far worse bands.
    yeah cause we need another thread bashing chris cornell and audioslave, seriously go have a wank or something, there are far worse bands.

I just love contributing to the madness.
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    StoneG82 wrote:

Modest Mouse isn't exactly rock n roll to me but it is interesting music. But everybody has a different definition of what rock n roll is these days I guess. If we say Modest Mouse is what rock n roll really is, where would that put Pearl Jam I wonder, almost certainly on the outside looking in.

Audioslave and Modest Mouse aren't mutually exclusive either, I know people who like both and I am a person who likes both. I appreciate the creativity, energy, willingness to take chances and overall insanity that Modest Mouse brings to the table. I also appreciate the hard rock, stong melodies and vocal perfomances Audioslave puts out.

Your sole intention of making this thread is to piss off people who like Audioslave and that is not very cool.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
    MCG wrote:
    Modest Mouse isn't exactly rock n roll to me but it is interesting music. But everybody has a different definition of what rock n roll is these days I guess. If we say Modest Mouse is what rock n roll really is, where would that put Pearl Jam I wonder, almost certainly on the outside looking in.

Audioslave and Modest Mouse aren't mutually exclusive either, I know people who like both and I am a person who likes both. I appreciate the creativity, energy, willingness to take chances and overall insanity that Modest Mouse brings to the table. I also appreciate the hard rock, stong melodies and vocal perfomances Audioslave puts out.

Your sole intention of making this thread is to piss off people who like Audioslave and that is not very cool.

honestly this thread was a joke. I don't really care what anyone thinks of any band. I just think the amount of defensive audioslave backers on this board is somewhat crazy.
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    StoneG82 wrote:
    honestly this thread was a joke. I don't really care what anyone thinks of any band. I just think the amount of defensive audioslave backers on this board is somewhat crazy.

Meh, you would get the exact same result making an "I hate Sleater Kinney" thread around here or a "Gee, I'm not too wild about Temple of the Dog" thread. But why would you? It's certainly not brightening up anyones day.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
    MCG wrote:
    Meh, you would get the exact same result making an "I hate Sleater Kinney" thread around here or a "Gee, I'm not too wild about Temple of the Dog" thread. But why would you? It's certainly not brightening up anyones day.

thanks for the ideas!
  • oppinions are like arseholes....

theres alot of them on the net

Seriously though if you dont like what people are saying in this thread then dont read it and post in here. If someone wants to express their oppinion on a band or two then why not. Just because they may be slagging off a band you like! I personally do think Modest mouse are shit. I'm sure you will hate most of the music i enjoy. I dont care, if you like the band so much why do you care what other people think, does it change your oppinion?

Each to their own dude

oppinions are like arseholes....

theres alot of them on the net

Seriously though if you dont like what people are saying in this thread then dont read it and post in here. If someone wants to express their oppinion on a band or two then why not. Just because they may be slagging off a band you like! I personally do think Modest mouse are shit. I'm sure you will hate most of the music i enjoy. I dont care, if you like the band so much why do you care what other people think, does it change your oppinion?

Each to their own dude

this is all true, but there's no harm in those people using the numerous audioslave/ratm/cornell threads to make their point. why bother clogging up the board with pointless threads that ultimately don't differ at all from the many others.
  • Troll alert
  • Saturnal wrote:
    Troll alert

Whats a troll?

• NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    Another completely useless thread....
  • NakedClown wrote:
    Another completely useless thread....

Is that the definition of a troll or your oppinion??? :D

jesus guys chill. this thread was a joke to get under what's his names skin, in a totally un-harmful manner.

i'm not really an opinionated asshole and I don't hate everyone else's music. lighten up. holy shit.
    StoneG82 wrote:
    jesus guys chill. this thread was a joke to get under what's his names skin, in a totally un-harmful manner.

i'm not really an opinionated asshole and I don't hate everyone else's music. lighten up. holy shit.

could you not have put your joke in one of the other threads?

by the way i think you are really fucking funny, no really i haven't laughed so hard in ages...i'm literally wiping the tears........
    StoneG82 wrote:

by the way i think you are really fucking funny, no really i haven't laughed so hard in ages...i'm literally wiping the tears........

i guess the green face doesn't do all it used to.
    StoneG82 wrote:
    i guess the green face doesn't do all it used to.

ha, see now that was me being funny, my goodness what a bunch of funny fuckers we are ;)
  • Goddammit what the fuck is a Troll !!! :D

Goddammit what the fuck is a Troll !!! :D

it's someone who incessantly posts about products and stuff on messageboards.

i think the basic implication here is that i'm a troll since I posted about audioslave. i've made one thread and it was basically in jest since people were complaining.

you guys need to lighten up. anyone want the new wilco songs? pm me.
  • Thank you! Man this internet is serious business :rolleyes:

Thank you! Man this internet is serious business :rolleyes:

the internet is no place to fuck with audioslave fans, thats for sure.