Silverchair to Open!!!!!!

potluckpotluck Posts: 170
edited April 2008 in Other Music
Silverchair is more than deserving than any other band that is in the running to open the remaining dates. If u saw lollapalooza last summer u know that i know what im talking about. Silverchair is the most underrated band of the last ten years by far. i challenge u to listen to Young Modern once and tell me its not genious. G00d day fellow!!!!
06/24/1998 SD
10/12/2000 KS
06/13/2003 IA
06/15/2003 ND
06/16/2003 Mn
06/21/2003 WI
10/05/2004 MO
10/08/2004 FL
09/08/2005 MB
09/09/2005 ON
05/17/2006 IL
05/19/2006 MI
07/02/2006 CO
08/05/2007 Lolla
06/14/2008 B'roo

Kill Fascists.... or at least make them realize what they are.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    Is this news or just a suggestion??
  • TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,366
    potluck wrote:
    Silverchair is more than deserving than any other band that is in the running to open the remaining dates. If u saw lollapalooza last summer u know that i know what im talking about. Silverchair is the most underrated band of the last ten years by far. i challenge u to listen to Young Modern once and tell me its not genious. G00d day fellow!!!!

challenge accepted. ive listened to it alot. ive seen them plenty of times. but daniel tries to do too much these days. his arrangements are far too complicated in the studio.

and its not silverchair these days... it's daniel and band (with paul mac the ring in). they hate playing any of their old music which i find a real shame, cos thats the music that got me into them 14 yrs ago... i havent let go of them just yet, but they are hanging on by a therad in my eyes (and ears).

good day to you, sir!
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • ONCE DEVIDEDONCE DEVIDED Posts: 1,131
    young modern sucks
    their worse album so far, and they are locals. I had seen them quite a few times before they ever got a record deal.
    good kids then.. now well as said before daniel trys to much these days
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • danedane Posts: 1,062
    I try to live by the rule, that if you haven't got anything positive to say, don't say anything.
    So I'll say; Silverchair was a fantastic band 13 years ago......
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    young modern sucks
    their worse album so far, and they are locals. I had seen them quite a few times before they ever got a record deal.
    good kids then.. now well as said before daniel trys to much these days

I agree.
    Watching Daniel Johns perform is cringeworthy. Silverchair would never open for Pearl Jam because Daniel Johns' ego wouldn't allow it
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    give me frog stomp or freak show anyday, but none of this pissy young modern or neon ballroom crap!
    daniel johns sounds so good when he sings angry!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    Young modern is ok, but not a patch on the first three records.....

It is indeed a huge shame they will recognise frogstomp anymore

Saw them last year in Manchester and Daniel started the chords to tomorow sang the first few lines and then broke off saying only joking, as if 'thats a shit song we dont play anymore',......the crowd was mad for it too and he fucking well knew it....

daft twat if you ask me.
  • TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,366
    give me frog stomp or freak show anyday, but none of this pissy young modern or neon ballroom crap!
    daniel johns sounds so good when he sings angry!

you must be getting confused with neon ballroom and diorama (which is when the ego mania kicked in for the worse).

NB is a great album. it is when daniel started experimenting with stuff other than dropped D tuning. emotion sickness is such a good track with david helfgott on piano. black tangled heart, anthem, miss you love, dearest helpless, paint pastel are all good.. spawn again is the only shit song on it.

and they play none of the above except ES these days. they were getting booed at the big day out festivals this yr. but being on the same stage ratm and playing before them probably didnt help...
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • silverchair fuckin sucks

nuff said
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    I definitely respect them for growing as a band. I just think all of their records stink. What a BLAH band.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• SteveoSteveo Posts: 352
    silverchair?

how bout soundgarden?
    Life has nothing to do with killing time.
    So why be satisfied?
  • walkthamilewalkthamile Posts: 349
    potluck wrote:

They played generic manufactured grunge back in the day...that's what they will always be remembered for...

They made a living out of imitating Nirvana, Soundgarden and Pearl Jam...Poorly mind you!

They then want to act all 'experimental' and 'were too good to play our old stuff'. It's kinda like Bush, Everclear or some other lame ass band claiming to reinvent themselves when they only became famous because they were a cover band in the first place!

Pearl Jam and Silverchair on the same stage...don't make me laugh!
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
    They played generic manufactured grunge back in the day...that's what they will always be remembered for...

They made a living out of imitating Nirvana, Soundgarden and Pearl Jam...Poorly mind you!

They then want to act all 'experimental' and 'were too good to play our old stuff'. It's kinda like Bush, Everclear or some other lame ass band claiming to reinvent themselves when they only became famous because they were a cover band in the first place!

Pearl Jam and Silverchair on the same stage...don't make me laugh!

Their music is pretty gay.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    potluck wrote:
    what remaining dates?
    The opening act for dates June 11-17 will be Kings of Leon. Opening act for dates June 19-30 will be Ted Leo and The Pharmacists.
    there's no remaining dates.
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Silverchair is still touring? Thought the lead singer died.
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    potluck wrote:
    Silverchair is more than deserving than any other band that is in the running to open the remaining dates Silverchair is the most underrated band of the last ten years by far. /quote]
    apparently its 1995 again
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    Silverchair is still touring? Thought the lead singer died.

:eek:
    divorced yes, but died.. No
    i was glad that their comeback gig at waveaid, they opened with Israels Son, fucken rocked it out hard as well!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Silverchair rocks! One of my favorite bands of all time....

Young Modern is OK,......the real album is Diorama!
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Silverchair rocks! One of my favorite bands of all time....

Young Modern is OK,......the real album is Diorama!

thank you, finally someone making sense in this thread.

diorama is a tremendous album that is far superior than the likes of riot act and avocado. crushes those two albums, no competition.

young modern is good, some powerful tracks but a few boners as well.

if you haven't listened to these two albums, give them a spin (and if you have, give them another spin)... silverchair is a far cry from the 16 year old, mass manufactured grunge sounding band they were in the 90's.

but i agree, for them to open for PJ is a little silly.
  • I would prob go in late.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Ted Leo > Silverchair
  • IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 671
    [size=+4]SILVERCHAIR ROCKS![/size]
    daniel2_wm2.jpg
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
    That band still stinks.

• most misleading thread title ever..........
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,840
    potluck wrote:

I remember hearing pop music from someone who dressed like the guy who swept the knee in Karate Kid...

I miss the earlier days of Silverchair. Young Modern was too... well, I felt like I was listening to most of it in an elevator.
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,845
    silverchair has had their moments. good albums, good songs, they just need a little change. i think a follow up to young modern should be completely stripped down to the original three piece band. just let them rock without all the production and dramatic crap, it gets too overdone sometimes

with that said live at faraway stables is a great live album to listen to.. if you havent heard it give it a listen.
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022, 9/7/2024, 9/9/2024, 9/12/2024
  • i wish the Raconteurs would open for PJ, because Jack White is a golden god. Then he could tear the mother down on rockin in the freeworld with the band.
    The P.T. wrote:
    I will be a voice of dissent for this idea. I went to lolla last year, and I was actually excited to see Silverchair. I haven't followed their music at all since...94/95 or whenever Frogstomp came out. I liked that album and was interested in hearing what they were up to these days.

Then the lead singer / pirate looking guy came out on stage and started talking and acting. He tried so hard to be a 'rock star' that it was a total put off. Running around the stage, posing, yelling out completely retarded sayings ("Make me feel famous, Chicago!"), even the attempts at playing guitar with his teeth just totally felt like a big fake act. Hell, even his solos were just pure distorted noise...and that seemed to be cool to him because he was acting like a 'badass' playing them.

I made it halfway through the set and went somewhere else.

I was dissapointed, and never want to see it again.

BAHAHAHAAHHAHAA Make me FEEL FAMOUS!!! What a fucking tool!!!!

• restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    saw silverchair in 97 and 99 and holy shit they rocked. but since then, god they have gone downhill. diorama sucked. tuna in the brine? terrible. when they played the commodore here last year, they played zero olds songs. all new stuff. what a shitty shit show that must have been. its too bad that they fell apart.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • tdubtdub Posts: 226
    Given the timing, I was actually hoping that Blind Melon might open. After seeing them on tour this year, they play a long show - 20 songs or so. But it kicked ass. If they could trim it down, they would be an awesome fit as an opener for PJ as well.

But Kings of Leon kicks ass, so i'm excited about that too.