Options

Puscifer

Comments

• Options
    lephtylephty Posts: 770
    i am fairly excited for it this album...

Nin
    Radiohead
    MJK

who is next to drop label?
  • Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    lephty wrote:
    i am fairly excited for it this album...

Nin
    Radiohead
    MJK

who is next to drop label?

Neither Radiohead or NIN are under contract with a record company. I Tool continues past their next album, they will go inde.

Please tell that you have heard about Radiohead's stunt. You can't do that, if you have a record company.
  • Options
    lephtylephty Posts: 770
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    Neither Radiohead or NIN are under contract with a record company. I Tool continues past their next album, they will go inde.

Please tell that you have heard about Radiohead's stunt. You can't do that, if you have a record company.

i dont think i understand anything you are saying here.

what stunt did Radiohead do?
  • Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    album is streaming on puscifer.com
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    hodge wrote:
    album is streaming on puscifer.com

Thanks, lol sounds not very good thus far, but my opinion.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    I love these new songs! Not dissapointed one bit. The contibutions with Lustmord are my favorates so far, especially Drunk With Power and DoZo. I will definetely be supporing this project by getting the CD next Tuesday.
    Maynard is amazing. This ALMOST makes up for not getting any new APC for awhile.
  • Options
    This stuff is awesome!!!
    I'm trying to drink away the part of the day I cannot sleep away...
  • Options
    Vagina Mine is my new epic song.
  • Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    I love these new songs! Not dissapointed one bit. The contibutions with Lustmord are my favorates so far, especially Drunk With Power and DoZo. I will definetely be supporing this project by getting the CD next Tuesday.
    Maynard is amazing. This ALMOST makes up for not getting any new APC for awhile.

Maynard left APC. Last I heard Billy was just gonna do the singin, but there were rumors pretty recently that Maynard would return to the fold after Tool is finished supporting 10k Days.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,112
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    Maynard left APC. Last I heard Billy was just gonna do the singin, but there were rumors pretty recently that Maynard would return to the fold after Tool is finished supporting 10k Days.

From an interview in this month's Revolver:

"So I thought it was time to let A Perfect Circle go for now and let Billy explore himself. It's tough for a guy who went from being a guitar tech to being in a band with this pretentious, famous singer and having to live in that shadow. It was important for Billy to go and do his own thing and really explore his own sound and let people hear what he has to say and how he would do it on his own, and then we'll get back and do some A Perfect Circle stuff."
  • Options
    My local record store had Puscifer's album on the shelves today!! I bought it and I've got it in my car. So far, it sounds like "a hip hop album for rock music fans." Good stuff though, need to hear more of it to really make a final decision on it.
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Exactly, that's what I like about it. It's a really cool change from all the emotional, taxing material Maynard usually deals with. Something fun to listen to while we wait for the next Tool or APC album.
    Cuntry Boner is interesting to say the least. But I don't think it made the final cut on the album. It's being sold as a single with a really cool Circle Jerks cover as B-side, World Up My Ass.

did you know that cuntry boner was written by tom morello. a harvard graduate and the man comes up with a song about rooting(that's fucking for our american friends) country singers. good to see his education wasn't wasted. ;) LMFAO!! :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    what a pathetic name.
    i thought this dick was suppose to be intelligent.

lucifer + pussy = retarded teenage mentality

shut the fuck up Maynard
    pussy
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    glasshouse wrote:
    what a pathetic name.

shut the fuck up Maynard
    pussy

oh lighten up, you won the world cup!!!! :D:p

A is for apple
    B is for bear
    C is for cat
    V is for vagina

the man is educating our children. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    glasshouse wrote:
    what a pathetic name.

shut the fuck up Maynard
    pussy
    I'm almost positive that you're one of these people who has also moaned about Maynard being a humourless, self-indulgent prick before. what's wrong with a little childish humour? can't write songs about alchemy all the time.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I'm almost positive that you're one of these people who has also moaned about Maynard being a humourless, self-indulgent prick before. what's wrong with a little childish humour? can't write songs about alchemy all the time.

nah , that wasn't me. i don't mind tool and Maynard most of the time. i also don't mind the band pucifer and the name. i'm just fucking around, just like Maynard :cool:.

btw i'm listening to pavement now and it is fucking brilliant.

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    glasshouse wrote:
    nah , that wasn't me. i don't mind tool and Maynard most of the time. i also don't mind the band pucifer and the name. i'm just fucking around, just like Maynard :cool:.

btw i'm listening to pavement now and it is fucking brilliant.
    that's cool. yeah, Pavement are awesome. favourite album? I can't choose between Slanted and Crooked Rain Crooked Rain
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    that's cool. yeah, Pavement are awesome. favourite album? I can't choose between Slanted and Crooked Rain Crooked Rain

probably wowee zowee ~ i love the untidiness of the album

• Options
    releesemereleeseme Posts: 387
    Their on the xm now playing the new album and bowling....funny shit.
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • Options
    is this serious or some big joke everyons in on i heard it on the radio today i thught it was a wind up
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    I've been anticipating this album for a long time. Although I don't expect it to be as awesome as Tool or APC, I'm sure it will have it's own quirky charm. Maynard can do no wrong IMO, so some of these silly humorous songs like Cuntry Boner and Queen B are actually quite fun. It's not fair to always expect him to write about his dead mother, childhood trauma and spirituality stuff. I say, let him have some fun with this. A couple of his friends from RATM contribute on some tracks and even Lustmord has been mentioned. Can't wait.

BTW, Maynard Keenan rules!!
    I love Tool, but Maynard has turned into a pompous asshole and he's starting to lose all credibility. Also, what I have heard of Puscifier sucks.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    I love Tool, but Maynard has turned into a pompous asshole and he's starting to lose all credibility. Also, what I have heard of Puscifier sucks.

Listen again...if you still dont like it then please bend over, place your head in your asshole, and enjoy :)

Drunk With Power
    I'm trying to drink away the part of the day I cannot sleep away...
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    i hope he does go back to APC at some point, prefer them to tool these days
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    i love it. its good music to get tattoed to.
    i was a bit worried how it would sound, but all in all it rocks imo
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    itsevobaby wrote:
    i hope he does go back to APC at some point, prefer them to tool these days

Me too, unfortunately APC are done, for good.
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    Booooooooooo!!! oh well, at least we got 13th step :D
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    Billy Howerdel's new band:

http://www.myspace.com/ashesdivide

Ashes Divide

with song sample.

He also has a song called "Changes" floating around in it's entirety.

Very reminiscent of the music on Thirteenth Step and the songs Billy sang on Emotive.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • Options
    MJK has recently stated that APC is on a long haitus, but plans on doing it again once the music industry sorts itself out. This is encouraging news.
    Considering it takes 5 years for a Tool album and now the new Puscifer project, APC fans will just have to get used to the long gaps between albums.
  • Options
    I am loving this cd right now.
  • Options
    I am loving this cd right now.
    amen, the second last song is rockin my world. so good.
    its a real deep record. dark and what not.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.