Smashing Pumpkins - Machines of God II

2»

Comments

• NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    i find it funny people bag on adore (it sold 1.1 million copies)

pj hasn't seen platinum since yield i think
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • NOCODE#1 wrote:
    i find it funny people bag on adore (it sold 1.1 million copies)

pj hasn't seen platinum since yield i think

I think Adore was the last time the Pumpkins saw Platinum in the United States. I know Machina did relatively well overseas but in America I think it may have went gold. Needless to say, Machina still rocks!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • well I just adore Adore, Machina & Machina II...
    En mi vida,
    el oscuro me mantiene
    cuando yo te vi
    en la lluvia me prometiste tu sangre

Estrella de la mañana
    Samael te persigo a ti
    y si me quedo sin alas
    ademas me muero por ti
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Ive heard a lot of interviews and stuff.

You know Billy had writers block for 8 months and he then came out with Siamese Dream. Was quite funny in a radio interview when some guy asked if he could have writers block again lol!
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I haven't heard this yet. Thanks for reminding me to download it. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    I think this album just rocks!! I love the title that Billy gave "friends and enemies of modern music' :D I know they did performances of Cash Car Star on Leno when it was online. I think it should be on YouTube.

Now this thread has got me to listen to it again :)
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Just passing some LOVE for Atom Bomb and Lucky 13 :D
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    Siamese Dream is one of the very best albums of all time!!!!
    And Gish is my second favourite Pumpkins record!

BTW Ten is my favourite PJ record...and my favourite album ever released...that made me ADORE Pearl Jam back in 1992!!!!!!! However they progressed a lot...that one will always remain closest to my heart!!!!!:p
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    smarchee wrote:
    is the actual album track 1 to 14, the last grouping on the list? Then, are the other 3 groups, the smaller ones, the "singles" released from the album with b-sides ?

This will tell you everything you want to know about the album:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MACHINA_II/The_Friends_&_Enemies_of_Modern_Music
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I'm listening to this right now. I just love some of these songs. It's gonna keep me from getting to bed on time I can tell!! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • No that's worst because although the rest of their catalouge is stunning, Siamese Dream might actually be their best record.. it's redicuously well written. Like,... No one should be able to write such a good record.

We all know Ten is Pearl Jam's worst record,.. or should I say "least amazing".. worst has bad connotations. ;)

Ten is NOT Pj's worst record. Opinions on albums are usually just opinions but this is FACT.
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Ten is NOT Pj's worst record. Opinions on albums are usually just opinions but this is FACT.

Riot Act gets my vote for "Pj's worst record" but even Pj's worst record is better than most everything that other bands put out!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    yield2me wrote:
    Riot Act gets my vote for "Pj's worst record" but even Pj's worst record is better than most everything that other bands put out!

That "Since You've Been Gone" song by Kelly Clarkson is more enjoyable to listen to than the boring bile on riot act. I am totally serious.
  • fanch75 wrote:
    That "Since You've Been Gone" song by Kelly Clarkson is more enjoyable to listen to than the boring bile on riot act. I am totally serious.

Oh my god...
    Hey I, ooooooohhh, I'm still ALIIIIIVEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • fanch75 wrote:
    ^ don't mind the village drunk ;) ^
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
    I'm totally serious. At least the Clarkson song is catchy, while riot act is boring and just makes me want to go to sleep.

that all being said, I'm listeing to Machina II and I like it. It's similar to "Since You've Been Gone" in that it doesn't make me go to sleep.
  • nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    yield2me wrote:
    Just downloaded this tonight and I'm listening to it for the first time...really great stuff! I'm sad it took me so long to download it...have you guys heard this yet?

where is the best place to download it?
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    aBoxOfFear wrote:
    oh, i know. i'm an idiot. i will get siamese dream next. and then the machina albums. but i do this all the time. i'm always playing catch up. like when green day dookie was huge - i didn't listen to it until the next year, after everyone else had moved on. but i'm on the ball with pearl jam, that's the important thing. ;)

hope uve picked up "kerplunk!" & "1,039 smoothed out slappy hours" by
    green day too! thinkin insomniac my fave album of theirs!!
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • fanch75 wrote:
    I'm totally serious. At least the Clarkson song is catchy, while riot act is boring and just makes me want to go to sleep.

that all being said, I'm listeing to Machina II and I like it. It's similar to "Since You've Been Gone" in that it doesn't make me go to sleep.

Riiiiight.
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    just picked up a copy of the aeroplane flies high (unopened)

great pumpkins bonus stuff on there
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken