Smashing Pumpkins - Machines of God II

yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
edited December 2006 in Other Music
Just downloaded this tonight and I'm listening to it for the first time...really great stuff! I'm sad it took me so long to download it...have you guys heard this yet?
“May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    love it..think it's better than Machina I and should have been released commercially.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • I'm a big fan of Dross and Glass. There are a couple miss tracks with me, but I still like it a lot.
  • One of the best Pumpkins albums!!! I adore "Let Me Give the World to You," "Innosense," and "Cash Car Star."
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • One of the best Pumpkins albums!!! I adore "Let Me Give the World to You," "Innosense," and "Cash Car Star."

\Saturnine is great also !:)
  • robis726robis726 Posts: 132
    Where can you download from?
    Oh, if I knew where it was I would take you there...

Austin, Texas 09-16-1995
    Columbia, Maryland 09-04-2000
    San Antonio, Texas 04-05-2003
    Santa Barbara, California 07-13-2006
    Universal City, California 10-01-2009
    Austin, Texas 10-04-2009
    Dallas, Texas 11-15-2013
    Mexico City, Mexico 11-28-2015
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 04-08-2016
    Miami, Florida 04-09-2016
    Chicago, Illinois I 08-20-2016
    Chicago, Illinois II 08-22-2016
    Seattle, Washington I 08-08-2018
    Seattle, Washington II 08-10-2018
    Boston, Massachusets I 09-02-2018
    Austin, Texas 09-18-2023
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    is the actual album track 1 to 14, the last grouping on the list? Then, are the other 3 groups, the smaller ones, the "singles" released from the album with b-sides ?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • smarchee wrote:
    is the actual album track 1 to 14, the last grouping on the list? Then, are the other 3 groups, the smaller ones, the "singles" released from the album with b-sides ?
    The three small groups are album cuts and alternate versions of songs, like a Pisces Iscariot for MACHINA I and II. The actual album is 14 tracks: Glass-Atom Bomb.
  • I recommend downloading the "singles" for Machina II. If only Machina could have been a double album....

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • i consider myself a big pumpkins fan, and i have never heard these albums(machina 1 and 2). i have greatest hits, adore and mellon collie. shit - i've never even heard all of siamese dream, or their first record yet. adore is my favorite though. i love annie dog, shame, perfect, behold the nightmare, etc. excellent album. stumbleine, thirty-three and galapogos from mellon collie are genius songs, as well as most songs from that album. and i also really like stand inside your love and real love. the first song i ever heard and loved by them was drown, which is still a favorite of mine. billy corgan is fuckin A!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • aBoxOfFear wrote:
    i consider myself a big pumpkins fan, and i have never heard these albums(machina 1 and 2). i have greatest hits, adore and mellon collie. shit - i've never even heard all of siamese dream, or their first record yet. adore is my favorite though. i love annie dog, shame, perfect, behold the nightmare, etc. excellent album. stumbleine, thirty-three and galapogos from mellon collie are genius songs, as well as most songs from that album. and i also really like stand inside your love and real love. the first song i ever heard and loved by them was drown, which is still a favorite of mine. billy corgan is fuckin A!

Uh dude...you totally need to go buy Siamese Dream...like RIGHT NOW!!!

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • Uh dude...you totally need to go buy Siamese Dream...like RIGHT NOW!!!

+100000000000000000000000000000000001
  • I think Machina I is better but II is just fantastic.
    should have been released commercially

Corgan knew that it was good enough. Machina was supposed to be a double album but after Adore's lagging sales the record company wouldn't do it, so Billy released Machina II for free on the internet :cool:.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • aBoxOfFear wrote:
    i consider myself a big pumpkins fan, and i have never heard these albums(machina 1 and 2). i have greatest hits, adore and mellon collie. shit - i've never even heard all of siamese dream, or their first record yet. adore is my favorite though. i love annie dog, shame, perfect, behold the nightmare, etc. excellent album. stumbleine, thirty-three and galapogos from mellon collie are genius songs, as well as most songs from that album. and i also really like stand inside your love and real love. the first song i ever heard and loved by them was drown, which is still a favorite of mine. billy corgan is fuckin A!
    I really love that Adore is your favorite because that album gets so much shit for being different, but seriously dude get on the ball! :p

"Make our day"
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Corgan knew that it was good enough. Machina was supposed to be a double album but after Adore's lagging sales the record company wouldn't do it, so Billy released Machina II for free on the internet :cool:.
    yeh i know...Sharon Osbourne din offer much support too
    pity..but i guess even with the label's support it wouldnt have sold much cos kids were too busy listening to Kid Rock and Limp Bizkit at that time.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh i know...Sharon Osbourne din offer much support too
    pity..but i guess even with the label's support it wouldnt have sold much cos kids were too busy listening to Kid Rock and Limp Bizkit at that time.
    Yeah, but at least Billy doesn't give a shit.

"Make our day"
  • I really love that Adore is your favorite because that album gets so much shit for being different, but seriously dude get on the ball! :p

oh, i know. i'm an idiot. i will get siamese dream next. and then the machina albums. but i do this all the time. i'm always playing catch up. like when green day dookie was huge - i didn't listen to it until the next year, after everyone else had moved on. but i'm on the ball with pearl jam, that's the important thing. ;)
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Machina II is just amazing...the more I listen to it the more I love it
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • yield2me wrote:
    Machina II is just amazing...the more I listen to it the more I love it

I think had Virgin allowed Machina II to be commercially released or let Billy record another double album, then the Pumpkins would've become HUGE again.

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    I think had Virgin allowed Machina II to be commercially released or let Billy record another double album, then the Pumpkins would've become HUGE again.

I agree.
  • ChrisChris Posts: 116
    Does anyone know if any of the other stuff on here is any good?
    Chris wrote:
    Does anyone know if any of the other stuff on here is any good?

? what do you mean ?
  • yield2me wrote:
    ? what do you mean ?
    Yeah I'm confused too.

"Make our day"
  • ChrisChris Posts: 116
    Sorry. There is loads of other stuff onthe Pumpnkins link posted earlier in this thread. I was wondering if any of it was worth bothering with. Particularly the live stuff.
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    its a fact that the target audience was too old to get adore
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Chris wrote:
    Sorry. There is loads of other stuff onthe Pumpnkins link posted earlier in this thread. I was wondering if any of it was worth bothering with. Particularly the live stuff.
    Yes to everything.

Live is questionable..

Usually they're fantastic live but very chaotic. Very fast paced. You'll either love or hate the live shows in most cases. If Corgan's voice annoys you I wouldn't recommend it.. I love the way they play live personally.

"Make our day"
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    vanity - another great track
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,645
    aBoxOfFear wrote:

Is it possible to be a Pumpkins fan and never to have heard Siamese Dream??? Gish maybe..that's blasphemy
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
    Is it possible to be a Pumpkins fan and never to have heard Siamese Dream??? Gish maybe..that's blasphemy

Thats like saying you're a PJ fan and never heard Ten! WTF????
  • yield2me wrote:
    Thats like saying you're a PJ fan and never heard Ten! WTF????
    No that's worst because although the rest of their catalouge is stunning, Siamese Dream might actually be their best record.. it's redicuously well written. Like,... No one should be able to write such a good record.

We all know Ten is Pearl Jam's worst record,.. or should I say "least amazing".. worst has bad connotations. ;)

"Make our day"