Puddle of mudd is underrated

2»

Comments

• iluvcats wrote:
    don't I know it?! saw them last year in baltimore, woo hoo!
    ok, I have amended the synergy message pit approved bands list. I added ben harper and soundgarden :)
    Soundgarden is not just approved, it's on the "You BETTER like this band or get the fuck off our forum" list :)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • puddle of mudd are ok....
    I like the song "SPIN"

but if you want a band that has a Kurt type singer...
    check out Future Leaders of the World. A great band, that has a singer who sounds very close to Nirvana, and in my opinion is an even better singer then Kurt. If you live puddle of mudd, then this band will blow you away.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Imagine this scenario:

Nirvana is the religion.

Kurt Cobain was jesus.

Nickleback, Seether, Puddle of Mudd etc were his disciples and now sing songs of praise.

:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
    Soundgarden is not just approved, it's on the "You BETTER like this band or get the fuck off our forum" list :)

well said.:D

Is AiC, Mad Season and Drive By Truckers on this list? :)
  • Imagine this scenario:

Nirvana is the religion.

Kurt Cobain was jesus.

Nickleback, Seether, Puddle of Mudd etc were his disciples and now sing songs of praise.

:)

Not a perfect analogy, because Jesus chose his disciples deliberately to do his work on earth.

Pearl Jam had nothing to do with these lot, and wouldn't want to take any responsibility for 'inspiring' them.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
    Not a perfect analogy, because Jesus chose his disciples deliberately to do his work on earth.

Pearl Jam had nothing to do with these lot, and wouldn't want to take any responsibility for 'inspiring' them.

Well I'm not exactly religous, but this kinda comes to mind when I here these bands.:)
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    well said.:D

Is AiC, Mad Season and Drive By Truckers on this list? :)

yes aic is already on this list, I think it is on the first page of this thread.
    I'll consider adding DBT since a music snob (met him here yrs ago) I know recommended them
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • pj_zombiepj_zombie Posts: 272
    puddle of mudd are ok....
    I like the song "SPIN"

but if you want a band that has a Kurt type singer...
    check out Future Leaders of the World. A great band, that has a singer who sounds very close to Nirvana, and in my opinion is an even better singer then Kurt. If you live puddle of mudd, then this band will blow you away.

I had the FLotW CD and it was alright. Then I found out the lead singer was a no talent hack who lip synched because he couldn't sing live at all. As a result the rest of the band left and he's since hired new people and kept the name.

And I agree, the Foos are getting better with every album in my eyes. Forget what cynics think, they are awesome. Puddle of Mudd is not, though. I'd rather listen to Seether, who are a ton better.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • TowermanTowerman Posts: 228
    haven't read all the post here but I just wanna say... Puddle of Mud sucks!!!!, I've seen them live a couple of times(opening for Deftones once when I didn't even knew who they were at the time, and a free show at a xtreme-sports event) and they were mediocre at best. The singer looked like a really bad Kurt Cobain impersonator.
    speaking as a child of the 90's
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Please don't blame the bands. They're just trying to eek out a living doing something that they love. It's the fucking suits at the labels that think they know what you want to hear. It's music for the greatest common denominator. It's Mcdonalds.

I don't expect filet mignon from McDonalds, and I don't expect quality music from major labels. Sometimes they release something worthwhile in spite of themselves.

Besides, Greg Upchurch is a friend. He's the only reason I ever listened to PoM. He's a monster drummer, and a great guy. :)
  • OmaramaOmarama Posts: 267
    they're okay, not very unique/original though
    Monty Got a Raw Deal

" makes much more sense to live in the present tense "
  • They are not underrated, they are sucks
  • BUENABUENA Posts: 165
    Skooled wrote:
    IF any of you had the time to actually listen to come clean than you would realize that they do have some talent. I can't even see why you guys wouldn't like this band since the lead singer sounds SO much like nirvana. True enough life on display wasn't as great an album as i would have liked but damn is come clean rockin

You must have been drunk when you had this thought.
    "It's the American Dream I am disbelieving... When the gas in my tank feels like money in the bank... I’m gonna blow it all this time, take me one last ride..." - Gone (vedder)