Puddle of mudd is underrated

SkooledSkooled Posts: 147
edited July 2006 in Other Music
IF any of you had the time to actually listen to come clean than you would realize that they do have some talent. I can't even see why you guys wouldn't like this band since the lead singer sounds SO much like nirvana. True enough life on display wasn't as great an album as i would have liked but damn is come clean rockin
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• They are worse than Creed imo
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Ok I will openly admit, the music to their song Blurry is utterly sublime, unfortunately his 'woe is me' bull shit lyrics and cheesy videos featuring his son shit all over the credibility they desperately need.
  • "I can't even see why you guys wouldn't like this band since the lead singer sounds SO much like nirvana"

he's a rip off.

I hate him for the same reason i hate godsmack. (blatent Staley rip off)

and except for the song Voodoo, both those bands are absolutely horrible.

They represent another "hair metal" phase in music.. which is to say an absolute low point.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    I don't care that he sounds like Kurt when he sings (and its only a slight resemblance anyways). I find the lyrics to be lame, the melodies to be 'run of the mill pop-rock and I can feel no connection with the music whatsoever. Puddle of Mud may technically be musicians but they sure are not artists.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    "I can't even see why you guys wouldn't like this band since the lead singer sounds SO much like nirvana"

he's a rip off.

I hate him for the same reason i hate godsmack. (blatent Staley rip off)

and except for the song Voodoo, both those bands are absolutely horrible.

They represent another "hair metal" phase in music.. which is to say an absolute low point.

too bad voodoo is a rip off of long gone day.
    to the orginal poster does this mean i should listen to creed cause mule faces trys to sound just like vedder?
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    Skooled wrote:
    IF any of you had the time to actually listen to come clean than you would realize that they do have some talent. I can't even see why you guys wouldn't like this band since the lead singer sounds SO much like nirvana. True enough life on display wasn't as great an album as i would have liked but damn is come clean rockin

you have a right to like anyone. however on this board there is an (unwritten) approved list of bands and pom is not one of them ;) you will only frustrate yourself with this type of post. here is the approved list :

THE WHO!!!!!
    neil young
    bob dylan
    led zeppelin
    sleater kinney
    foo fighters
    AIC
    mudhoney
    brad
    beatles
    ben harper
    soundgarden
    mad season
    jeff buckley
    sonic youth
    drive by truckers
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    you have a right to like anyone. however on this board there is an (unwritten) approved list of bands and pom is not one of them ;) you will only frustrate yourself with this type of post. here is the approved list

neil young
    bob dylan
    led zeppelin
    sleater kinney
    foo fighters
    AIC
    mudhoney
    brad

Haha! Post of the day candidate right here! (however, I will note that foo fighters and sleater kinney have also recieved their share of critisism around here)
    Which came first,
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    you mean they are overrated not is ?
    MCG wrote:
    Haha! Post of the day candidate right here! (however, I will note that foo fighters and sleater kinney have also recieved their share of critisism around here)

ok i knew sk took some hits, did not realize the foos were losing their clout. hmmmmm.....
    should I add the beatles to the approved list?
    ;)
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    ok i knew sk took some hits, did not realize the foos were losing their clout. hmmmmm.....
    ;)

I think thats a safe choice lol.
    Which came first,
    too bad voodoo is a rip off of long gone day.
    to the orginal poster does this mean i should listen to creed cause mule faces trys to sound just like vedder?

now you are getting the front men confused. "mule face" would be nickelback, according to people on this board.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Skooled wrote:

id not call them under-rated, but they are a guilty pleasure of mine. i dont own any albums, but i like the 4 songs i know off the radio. more enjoyable than any staind or nickelback song i know. that 'she hates me' song cracks me up.
    id not call them under-rated, but they are a guilty pleasure of mine. i dont own any albums, but i like the 4 songs i know off the radio. more enjoyable than any staind or nickelback song i know. that 'she hates me' song cracks me up.

are they the band that sang that dirty song like 5 yrs ago, I love the way you smack my ass? (shudders)
    my husband told me i've seen pom before and i can't remember them. it was at a festival...
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • iluvcats wrote:
    are they the band that sang that dirty song like 5 yrs ago, I love the way you smack my ass? (shudders)
    my husband told me i've seen pom before and i can't remember them. it was at a festival...

I mean how does a band actually physically write a song as crap as that and actually NOT be joking, anyway?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • PJamGrunge10PJamGrunge10 Posts: 596
    i actually like some of their songs, especially the ones that arent played on the radio - ones that are normal songs.
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    that "She Fucking Hates Me" song is the lamest thing i've ever heard
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    iluvcats wrote:

POM reminds me of music I would hear at a shitty strip club.
    NERDS!
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Skooled wrote:

i love the sarcasm...

wait a minute....

you are serious

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    fred durst likes them.

i actually own 'life on display'. and to my enduring shame now it's public knowledge. i don't know what i was thinking, but i'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the time.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • iluvslashiluvslash Posts: 121
    Skooled wrote:

WTF?? He sounds nothing like Kurt Cobain!! Sure he tries to sound like Kurt but that doesnt mean he does, for fuck sake im sick of all these lame ass bands with lead singers TRYING to sound like famous and influencial singers who actually had some talent, god first it was Creeds lead singer trying to sound like Vedder now its this moron trying to sound like Cobain!! As far as im Concerned there both as bad as eachother!
    With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothing done!
  • boxwine_in_hellboxwine_in_hell Posts: 1,263
    Puddle of Mudd, Nickelback, Staind, Creed.....etc, etc.....should all go commit mass suicide for being completely unoriginal and sounding exactly the same. If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery these bands are flattering the fuck out of somebody or something. It's Puddle of Puke after I'm subjected to their drivel.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Skooled wrote:

probably the worst band of all time. whos the lead singer? kurt cobain one day, layne stanley the next? no wait, their dead. "so sing just like them, fuckers, it wont offend them"
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    but how do you REALLY feel???

lol.....

I'll 'come clean' and admit to having both their albums but here is the reason why:

Greg Upchurch......they brought him on for the tour AFTER Come Clean was released and he was THE reason we went to see the band 4 times.....they put on a decent show but I never listen to the cds.....and I think Greg is now drumming for 3 Doors Down.....

Durst...........ick..
  • boxwine_in_hellboxwine_in_hell Posts: 1,263
    I'm going to sing real low, have some tired, retreaded metal riffs and call my new band.....Puddle of Dung. Can I count on you all for some venture capital in my new band?
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • lluukkiinnlluukkiinn Posts: 93
    I sure hope your not serious because I would rather drink a puddle of mudd then have to listen to their music.
    denver 7/2/06 & 7/3/06, chicago 8/5/07
  • iluvcats wrote:
    ;)
    ahhhh fuck the cynics, the Foo are as good as ever.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Puddle of Mudd are ridiculously awful.
    They sound like Staind, Nickelcrap and Creed all put together (shudder)
    The singer is SOOOOO trying to be Cobain
    And the band are hardly original...

Fair enough if you like them, I'm not saying its wrong to, I'm just saying I feel that they are wannabes and bore the shit out of me.
    ahhhh fuck the cynics, the Foo are as good as ever.

don't I know it?! saw them last year in baltimore, woo hoo!
    ok, I have amended the synergy message pit approved bands list. I added ben harper and soundgarden :)
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    Puddle of Mudd are ridiculously awful.
    They sound like Staind, Nickelcrap and Creed all put together (shudder)
    The singer is SOOOOO trying to be Cobain
    And the band are hardly original...

Fair enough if you like them, I'm not saying its wrong to, I'm just saying I feel that they are wannabes and bore the shit out of me.

while I like many of the bands on the approved list here, I enjoy nickleback :)
    I've seen them in concert twice.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • grungeheadgrungehead Posts: 35
    puddle of mudd?are u serious?a cheap nirvana rip off band with no originality what so ever,they make me sick