RUSH Fans: Snakes & Arrows Tour is

2»

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    g under p wrote:
    With a little determination i found it @ Snakes & Arrows Tour 2008, Sunrise Florida Sunday April 13,.

Another great show however I liked last years setlist in West palm Beach and the VA shows better. Also the bristow VA show was the best of all near 40 shows I've now seen. That Austin setlist I liked better than the Florida one I just saw.

Peace

From ONE of my favorite RUSH albums GRACE UNDER PRESSURE the song....BTW and my first RUSH tour and every tour except Counterparts. It was opening day for my softball team and I was player coach, I had to giveaway my tickets. :(

*Between The Wheels*

To live between a rock and a hard place
    In between time
    Cruising in prime time
    Soaking up the cathode rays

To live between the wars in our time
    Living in real time
    Holding the good time
    Holding on to yesterdays

[Chorus]

You know how that rabbit feels
    Going under your speeding wheels
    Bright images flashing by
    Like windshields towards a fly
    Frozen in the fatal climb
    But the wheels of time
    Just pass you by
    Wheels can take you around
    Wheels can cut you down
    We can go from boom to bust
    From dreams to a bowl of dust
    We can fall from rockets' red glare
    Down to "Brother can you spare..."
    Another war
    Another wasteland
    And another lost generation

It slips between your hands like water
    This living in real time
    A dizzying lifetime
    Reeling by on celluloid

Struck between the eyes
    By the big-time world
    Walking uneasy streets
    Hiding beneath the sheets
    Got to try and fill the void

chorus...

A beautiful anti-war song and what a surprise hearing last year and in 2008.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    I saw them May 6, 2008 at the Los Angeles Nokia theatre. Their PA system is big enough for a 20,000 seat basketball arena and the Nokia is small. It was so loud, it hurt. I've never been to such a loud concert. I heard Motorhead was loud. This was louder than PJ. The setlist looked pretty much like the one posted. The show started at maybe 8:20 anded around 11:40. Included a 15minute break after the song Dreamland. It is amazing how 3 people can make such a large and complete sound. They were great. Geddy looked like he was straining to sing. Must be hard touring over a year and keeping the voice going. He hit the highs in Freewill. The 2112 Overture was worth the price of admission. Ghost of a chance was amazing. All in all, a really great show; a great time. I recommend it. People polarize around Rush. If you like them, go. If you dont, nothing here to make you start.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    /\/\/\/\/\

Interesting...........I used to be REALLY Into them and then PJ came along for me. But I won tickets for TONIGHT and can't decide if I want to go. (I am lazy!!!) :p
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    Lizard wrote:
    /\/\/\/\/\

Interesting...........I used to be REALLY Into them and then PJ came along for me. But I won tickets for TONIGHT and can't decide if I want to go. (I am lazy!!!) :p
    you can't be serious....you need to go! Rush is ALWAYS a fantastic show
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
    Lukin66 wrote:
    you can't be serious....you need to go! Rush is ALWAYS a fantastic show
    I know they are!!! i have been to several shows.

and I was serious :o. It's the traffic in L.A. at rush hour--ugghh!
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    Lizard wrote:
    I know they are!!! i have been to several shows.

and I was serious :o. It's the traffic in L.A. at rush hour--ugghh!
    I wish I was in LA, I'd take them off your hands :D
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
    Lizard wrote:
    /\/\/\/\/\

Man YA GOTTA GO!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    Man YA GOTTA GO!

Peace

I did go!!! and very glad I did. My free tickets got upgraded from the top mezzanine to the Loge area----they wanted to fill in all the seats not sold!! Opened with Limelight, then Digital man. Also Red Barchetta, and THE TREES which I love!! So very glad I went!

EDIT: It was awesome to hear SAY HELLO TO HEAVEN during the break!!!!! :D
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    Lizard wrote:

I noticed that on the 6th. Followed by Zep's "Babe I'm gonna leave you". Must be a standard thing they play each time. When I saw Rush last year at [that dreadful] Hollywood Bowl, they had Evenflow in the pre-show music. Maybe there is a PJ fan amongst that trio?
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I noticed that on the 6th. Followed by Zep's "Babe I'm gonna leave you". Must be a standard thing they play each time. When I saw Rush last year at [that dreadful] Hollywood Bowl, they had Evenflow in the pre-show music. Maybe there is a PJ fan amongst that trio?

They are fans. From the notes for 10/5/00 in Toronto:

"In 'Wishlist,' Ed changes the lyrics to "I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as Geddy Lee." (Geddy Lee, from legendary Canadian band Rush, was sitting stage left for the entire show)."

And during 12/1/93 you can hear Dave A. chiming the intro to YYZ as Ed is talking at one point. There's a little trivia tidbit for ya :)
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    "natural science" is the "sleeper" song of that setlist...

was not on my radar screen at all until they put out some major woop ass performing it live (neil especially) during the second part of that song...

a "Must see" for any Rush fan...
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    locked wrote:
    "natural science" is the "sleeper" song of that setlist...

was not on my radar screen at all until they put out some major woop ass performing it live (neil especially) during the second part of that song...

a "Must see" for any Rush fan...

When they busted N.S. out on the Test For Echo tour, my brain was oozing out of my ears.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    BinFrog wrote:
    When they busted N.S. out on the Test For Echo tour, my brain was oozing out of my ears.

yep.. that was the moment for me too!

"old school" RUSH..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
    Lizard wrote:
    I did go!!! and very glad I did. My free tickets got upgraded from the top mezzanine to the Loge area----they wanted to fill in all the seats not sold!! Opened with Limelight, then Digital man. Also Red Barchetta, and THE TREES which I love!! So very glad I went!

AWESOME! Nice move my next date with them will be in Northern, VA July 19th I believe. Also almost the same thing happened to me in Florida. I lost/ misplaced my tickets and I called up the arena and since I used a credit card they located my seats and somehow we were upgraded to 1 section from the stage, lower seating.

Awesome seats with some older fans smoking all kinds of different Wacky Tabacky, what a buzz we had. :)

Best thing my 12 year old daughter is a big Rush fan too, listening to *Closer To The Heart* right now.

Peace

• MotorHeadMotorHead Posts: 50
    Lizard wrote:
    /\/\/\/\/\

Get your lazy ass up and go.
    They sound great as ever!
    MotorHead wrote:
    Get your lazy ass up and go.
    They sound great as ever!

hahahaha

That was WEEKS ago and I did get off my lazy ass and enjoy the show!!!!