RUSH Fans: Snakes & Arrows Tour is

weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
edited April 2008 in Other Music
NOT to be missed! Saw them last nite and musically they haven't lost ANYTHING. And Geddy still sounds GREAT. They played stuff all the way back to Caress of Steel and did mostly their well known songs. Don't be cheap like me ...... spend the $100+ to be in the sections closest to the stage. It'll be well worth it - fantastic show all around. Neil has two drum sets: one regular and one electronic. He does solos on both. And seriously, Alex' and Geddy's guitar playing is BETTER than ever.

Sorry to gush so much but the concert was such a fucking surprise - I wasn't expecting to get blown away like I did. :) If you're a Rush fan from way back, you've GOT TO see them this tour......!
~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
Henry David Thoreau
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    I'm seeing them at the Gorge in May, I AM SO EXCITED. I've been a huge Rush fan for the longest time.
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    I saw them for the first time last September and loved the show. I'm seeing them again in July and scored a great ticket in the onsale - in the first 10 rows on Geddy's side...very excited for the show!
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Lukin66 wrote:
    I'm seeing them at the Gorge in May, I AM SO EXCITED. I've been a huge Rush fan for the longest time.

WOW that should be AWESOME. The sound there is perfect. I'm jealous :(
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    Got tix for the Hershey show in July. Can't fucking wait, have a Yes show the day before at the same place, so it should be a nice two block of bands going on... do they have an opening band/s?
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I have 2 Rush shows coming up this summer. I was hoping for a much different setlist than last year, but I'll rock out nonetheless. Last year's tour absolutely rocked.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Got tix for the Hershey show in July. Can't fucking wait, have a Yes show the day before at the same place, so it should be a nice two block of bands going on... do they have an opening band/s?

No opening band and I don't they will go back to that format, it's an evening with RUSH with a 20-25 minute intermission. Saw them 2 weeks ago and though not as good as last year's shows it still was an *Auber Alles* show and production.

That was mostly due to 2 glitches that I can recall with that show being their first show back in the US after leaving San Juan, PR. They still rocked South Florida....Fort Lauderdale.

I'll be seeing in Northern VA 7/19, and as many have said they are already back in the groove of things.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Just got Snakes and Arrow live; it's pretty good. Want to go this summer, but with 5 PJ shows, I don't want to spend any more money
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • I'm going to the Gorge show and can't wait. It will be the 7th time I've seen them and every time is a treat.

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come...."
    I'm going to the Gorge show and can't wait. It will be the 7th time I've seen them and every time is a treat.

I hadn't seen them perform live since 1994 - in Seattle at Key Arena. So you can imagine how surprised and happy I was that they sounded so great. I guess I'd seen them 5 times prior to last Wednesday nite - all back in the 80's and 90's. Those three are really gifted musicians. Enjoy the Gorge - it'll be phenominal I'm sure.
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    SPAC this summer will be #15 for me!
    Rush is the first of my summer concerts, and I am absolutely syked for it. I hope it sets the stage for an awesome run of shows.
    gets to me every time
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Yes great band. Can you believe they are not in the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Grunge100Grunge100 Posts: 178
    Yes, and thats BS. They have been around since 1974 and still no RRHOF.

I will be seeing them on July 2. Yeehaa
    Light green to green, dark green, brown..
    Every life is falling down
    Brown to black, it's coming back
    Dies to be part of the ground
    Seed to seedling, root to stem
  • CobCob Posts: 857
    weenie wrote:
    NOT to be missed! Saw them last nite and musically they haven't lost ANYTHING. And Geddy still sounds GREAT. They played stuff all the way back to Caress of Steel and did mostly their well known songs. Don't be cheap like me ...... spend the $100+ to be in the sections closest to the stage. It'll be well worth it - fantastic show all around. Neil has two drum sets: one regular and one electronic. He does solos on both. And seriously, Alex' and Geddy's guitar playing is BETTER than ever.

Sorry to gush so much but the concert was such a fucking surprise - I wasn't expecting to get blown away like I did. :) If you're a Rush fan from way back, you've GOT TO see them this tour......!

They have not played an entire song from Caress of Steel since about 1981, they go all the way back to 2112 though on this tour.

Setlist:

Video Intro (features all 3 band members)
    Limelight
    Digital Man
    Ghost of a Chance
    Mission
    Freewill
    The Main Monkey Business
    The Larger Bowl (with McKenzie Brothers intro)
    Red Barchetta
    The Trees
    Between The Wheels
    Dreamline

Intermission

Video Intro (What's That Smell? features all 3 members)
    Far Cry
    Workin' Them Angels
    Armor And Sword
    Spindrift
    The Way The Wind Blows
    Subdivisions
    Natural Science
    Witch Hunt
    Malignant Narcissism
    Drum Solo
    Hope
    The Spirit of Radio
    2112: Overture / The Temples of Syrinx
    Tom Sawyer (with South Park intro)

Encore:

One Little Victory
    A Passage to Bangkok
    YYZ
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

Grunge100 wrote:
    Yes, and thats BS. They have been around since 1974 and still no RRHOF.

I will be seeing them on July 2. Yeehaa
    it's unbelievable they haven't been nominated yet, especially with the huge achievement of keeping ALL MEMBERS of the band (besides making Peart the drummer back in like, 1976 or so...good decision :) ) and continuing to tour and make music for over 30 years. They are criminally underrated
    gets to me every time
    Cob wrote:
    They have not played an entire song from Caress of Steel since about 1981, they go all the way back to 2112 though on this tour.

Setlist:

Video Intro (features all 3 band members)
    Limelight
    Digital Man
    Ghost of a Chance
    Mission
    Freewill
    The Main Monkey Business
    The Larger Bowl (with McKenzie Brothers intro)
    Red Barchetta
    The Trees
    Between The Wheels
    Dreamline

Intermission

Video Intro (What's That Smell? features all 3 members)
    Far Cry
    Workin' Them Angels
    Armor And Sword
    Spindrift
    The Way The Wind Blows
    Subdivisions
    Natural Science
    Witch Hunt
    Malignant Narcissism
    Drum Solo
    Hope
    The Spirit of Radio
    2112: Overture / The Temples of Syrinx
    Tom Sawyer (with South Park intro)

Encore:

One Little Victory
    A Passage to Bangkok
    YYZ

The setlist and encore at the Austin show was not as you've listed; songs that were played that are on your list were not in the same order either.
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    What is that? A fucking 3 hour show? Damn...
    weenie wrote:
    The set list and encore at the Austin show was not as you've listed; songs that were played that are on your list were not in the same order either.

Really?? I was at the show and down loaded this set list from here

http://rushtour2008.blogspot.com/2008/04/rush-tour-2008-setlist-and-reviews_24.html

I don't know if the songs are in the exact order, but I do know that the encore is just how they played it at the show and the set list seems to be in the right order to. I would love to see your set list for the show or at least explain to me what parts are not right or in the proper order. The encore is the exact same one they played in San Antonio in August so I'm not really sure what encore you saw at the show. The main point I was trying to make is that they don't go all the way back to Caress of Steel.

http://rushtour2008.blogspot.com/

I was more upset they they took Circumstances and Entre Nous out of the set and that they don't do Working Man or La Villa Strangiato anymore. If you could post what set list that you think they actually played I'd love to see it. I really want to see the songs that were played that were not on this list as I've seen every RUSH tour except 2 since Moving Pictures I would like to know what songs should be on the set list or how out of order that they were because this looks accurate to me. I know that the encore is what they played, except for the video that they showed after, I'm not getting that old. Also if you look at the link above and scroll down you can see that they play the same set every night and it appears Austin was no exception.
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009

Cob wrote:

http://rushtour2008.blogspot.com/2008/04/rush-tour-2008-setlist-and-reviews_24.html

I don't know if the songs are in the exact order, but I do know that the encore is just how they played it at the show and the set list seems to be in the right order to. I would love to see your set list for the show or at least explain to me what parts are not right or in the proper order. The encore is the exact same one they played in San Antonio in August so I'm not really sure what encore you saw at the show. The main point I was trying to make is that they don't go all the way back to Caress of Steel.

I was more upset they they took Circumstances and Entre Nous out of the set and that they don't do Working Man or La Villa Strangiato anymore. If you could post what set list that you think they actually played I'd love to see it. I really want to see the songs that were played that were not on this list as I've seen every RUSH tour except 2 since Moving Pictures I would like to know what songs should be on the set list or how out of order that they were because this looks accurate to me. I know that the encore is what they played, except for the video that they showed after, I'm not getting that old. Also if you look at the link above and scroll down you can see that they play the same set every night and it appears Austin was no exception.

Okay you win, you're the TRUE Rush fan. I guess I've forgotten names of songs. For example, I could have sworn they played La Villa Strangiato.
    Apologies for the GROSSLY inaccurate post. I do know this much - they fuckin ROCKED!
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    Lukin66 wrote:
    it's unbelievable they haven't been nominated yet, especially with the huge achievement of keeping ALL MEMBERS of the band (besides making Peart the drummer back in like, 1976 or so...good decision :) ) and continuing to tour and make music for over 30 years. They are criminally underrated

74 :)
    BinFrog wrote:
    74 :)
    haha, that's still pretty good for a 20 year old kid
    gets to me every time
    weenie wrote:
    Okay you win, you're the TRUE Rush fan. I guess I've forgotten names of songs. For example, I could have sworn they played La Villa Strangiato.
    Apologies for the GROSSLY inaccurate post. I do know this much - they fuckin ROCKED!

I wasn't trying to be an A-Hole and yes they did rock. I think it's funning how some of the newer and younger bands come out and play and it's like their just going through the motions or the shows are just OK or aren't that long. Because I've seen RUSH a number of times and they always rock.

I even saw them on the Signals Tour with my 8th grade English teacher, that was cool. I have an unwritten rule that ANY time RUSH plays in the city I live in I go to the show, needless to say my wife was like, "you just saw those guys in San Antonio 8 months ago", my answer was, what's your point?
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    saw em twice at wembley last years. was amazing but so gutted nothing off track 1 2112 but there is now in this leg.
    Cob wrote:

Can I get the official tour setlist for the 4/13/08 show? I want to compare it to what I can remember. The second link my computer has blocked as an unsecured link.

Any help would be great.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

With a little determination i found it @ Snakes & Arrows Tour 2008, Sunrise Florida Sunday April 13,.

Another great show however I liked last years setlist in West palm Beach and the VA shows better. Also the bristow VA show was the best of all near 40 shows I've now seen. That Austin setlist I liked better than the Florida one I just saw.

Peace

Rush Tour 2008 Setlist and Reviews Bank Atlantic Center. Ft. Lauderdale, Florida Apr 13, 2008

Setlist:

Limelight
    Digital Man
    Ghost Of A Chance
    Mission
    Freewill
    The Main Monkey Business
    The Larger Bowl
    Red Barchetta
    The Trees
    Between The Wheels
    Dreamline

Far Cry
    Workin' Them Angels
    Armor and Sword
    Spindrift
    The Way The Wind Blows
    Subdivisions
    Natural Science
    Witch Hunt
    Malignant Narcissism (Drum Solo)
    Hope
    The Spirit Of Radio
    2112 (Overture/Temples of Syrinx)
    Tom Sawyer

Encore:

One Little Victory
    A Passage To Bangkok
    YYZ
    Rush Tour 2008 Setlist and Reviews Bank Atlantic Center. Ft. Lauderdale, Florida Apr 13, 2008

Setlist:

Limelight
    Digital Man
    Ghost Of A Chance
    Mission
    Freewill
    The Main Monkey Business
    The Larger Bowl
    Red Barchetta
    The Trees
    Between The Wheels
    Dreamline

Far Cry
    Workin' Them Angels
    Armor and Sword
    Spindrift
    The Way The Wind Blows
    Subdivisions
    Natural Science
    Witch Hunt
    Malignant Narcissism (Drum Solo)
    Hope
    The Spirit Of Radio
    2112 (Overture/Temples of Syrinx)
    Tom Sawyer

Encore:

One Little Victory
    A Passage To Bangkok
    YYZ

Even though I found it Thanks. I'm still having a hard time remembering *Far Cry* starting the second half of the the show. My girfriend must of had be busy or sidetracked. :)

Peace

• rockpantsrockpants Posts: 838
    Looking forward to my first Rush experience in Vancouver next month. A bit bummed to see that Nobody's Hero didn't make the setlist cut (thus far - maybe they'll change things for the home country portion, but I kinda doubt it. With their high level of production value, such a change might not be in the cards.) Regardless, it'll be great fun to watch such amazing musicians in person. I'll be in the first row, 2 sections back, on the second deck, so I'll have a fantastic view of everything.
    I'm bummed I've missed Ghost of a Chance so far, here's hoping I hear it next month....
    gets to me every time
  • docwoo812docwoo812 Posts: 60
    I have seen Rush on every tour from Moving Pictures (Glen Falls, NY 1981) up to
    last summer's Snakes Tour (except for the Test For Echo Tour). So I will most definetly be seeing them this summer at S.P.A.C. in Saratoga, NY. Grabbing a lawn seat this time around, though. I would appreciate them changing up the setlist a bit. Anything from the first 3 albums or maybe Cygnus X-1 from A Farewell To Kings!?
    Pearl Jam Shows: 11/05/91, 11/08/91, 11/16/91, 4/08/92, 5/09/92, 8/04/92, 8/07/92, 9/08/92, 8/18/93, 11/06/93, 11/07/93, 4/07/94, 4/10/94, 9/28/96, 9/13/98, 8/27/00, 4/29/03, 5/02/03, 6/29/03, 7/02/03, 7/03/03, 7/06/03, 7/11/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/01/04, 10/02/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/20/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/03/06, 8/05/07, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/10/10, 5/21/10, 9/07/11, 9/12/11, 9/14/11 & 9/15/11.
    Side Projects/Solo Shows: Brad 10/27/02, Eddie Vedder: 8/2/08, 6/8 & 6/9/09, 6/16/11 & 6/18/11.