Top 10 R.E.M. songs

2»

Comments

• digsterdigster Posts: 1,293
    I'm happy to see alot of appreciation for Leave, which I don't hear much about from R.E.M. I guess it's one of those hidden album cuts that just absolutely kills. The siren, which could easily have been misused, is what elevates the song also.
  • digster wrote:
    I'm happy to see alot of appreciation for Leave, which I don't hear much about from R.E.M. I guess it's one of those hidden album cuts that just absolutely kills. The siren, which could easily have been misused, is what elevates the song also.

I believe that siren is an ARP Odyssey car alarm that had to be continuosly flipped off & on throughout the song (thus making it a pain in the ass to re-create live)

Strangely Stipe has said he's never been happy with his vocal take on that song on the album. I think his voice sounds awesome on it but he actually prefers the alternate version of Leave that was included as a B-side on their greatest hits compilation in 2003. a whole lot of useless info there but thought i'd post anywayz because i'm a huge R.E.M. fanatic
  • I believe that siren is an ARP Odyssey car alarm that had to be continuosly flipped off & on throughout the song (thus making it a pain in the ass to re-create live)

Strangely Stipe has said he's never been happy with his vocal take on that song on the album. I think his voice sounds awesome on it but he actually prefers the alternate version of Leave that was included as a B-side on their greatest hits compilation in 2003. a whole lot of useless info there but thought i'd post anywayz because i'm a huge R.E.M. fanatic

Kool Keyboard. Arp. ;)
    So techno-old-skool.

Also,
    i always wanted PJ to do a New-Adventures type album.
    Meaning, recorded partialy at sound checks.

Its so cool how they did that album.
    NAIHF is one of their gems.
    Even though i didn't include a song from it on my top 10.
    :D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Turn You Inside Out... is my fav REM song!!
    Buy the ticket, Take the ride..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Nightswimming
    Talk About the Passion
    Sitting Still
    These Days
    King of Birds
    New Test Leper
    Pretty Persuasion
    Fall On Me
    Letter Never Sent
    Man on the Moon

this is so fucking hard. i dont think talk about the passion or king of birds is getting enough love on this thread. i also am liking the amount of R.E.M. talk on this message board and am eagerly awaiting the on-sale dates for the tour to be announced.
  • Dogman3Dogman3 Posts: 330
    1) Fall on Me
    2) Nightswimming
    3) Pilgrimage