Options

Noel Gallagher is a tosser......

Comments

• Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    dunkman wrote:
    thats your opinion.. so why is Ryan Adams SUPPORTING Oasis?

I also read Ryan Adams said Wonderwall was a perfect song.

you like Ryan Adams, I like Noel Gallagher... its called opinion and it helps the world go round... it'd be one shit world if all we were alowed to listen to was critic friendly nonce rock

True.
    A mate of mine raves about Ryan Adams, he loaned me a few cd's...and I hate to say it but I didn't finish listening to any one of them. It just didn't grab me. But, opinions as you say...I mean Noel raves about the Smiths and that's lovely to hear :) but at that time I though Morrisey and the Smiths were the worst fucking band in the world . I was into my metal seriously through those mid 80's years, that's not to say that I don't retrospectively have a tonne of respect for them now...they're just not my bag, maaaaan.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I don't know how anyone could watch this and not find him hilarious :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1MsuoNJQ3U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7REMvAQPmyk

the last 20 seconds kill me :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    jamie uk wrote:
    Well, tbh I thought it was great to hear him being nice about someone for a change, though...if I'm frank (hi Frank :p ) I'd say he tries rather too hard to be funny. That line you quote...funny? nah, not especially . just imo tho :o:)
    I actually like Noel, I think his arrogance is good-natured and funny, I just found his various compliments to the Smiths really funny. It's more the way he says it. In terms of complimenting your favourite guitarist, this gets close to being the oddest:

"Always, always wore impeccable shoes"
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7REMvAQPmyk

the last 20 seconds kill me :D
    Haha, of all the things I expected him to say, "turns to alcoholism and ends up killing his gerbils" was pretty far down the list :D
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Haha, of all the things I expected him to say, "turns to alcoholism and ends up killing his gerbils" was pretty far down the list :D

its one of his funniest lines.. i love it! :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 996
    He is not as big at tosser as Liam,yes he has been at it again. The latest rant was we are the best,biggest & coolest band in the world. The new record must need a bit of beefing up cause if you have ever noticed they only became what they are by talking themselves up & slagging others off due that the music is 3rd rate & so boring. If you have seen the latest cover of the new cd, even the artwork is a rip off of Sgt Peppers. I thought he had given up cocaine!
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I agree with Ryan Adams wiping the floor with Oasis... Ryan Adams should be headlining amazing guitairst and songwriter.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    and i am in hog heaven, it matters not who is headlining over who, cause for me an oasis/ryan adams double bill is almost perfection.

p.s. though liam doesnt think so(and who cares cause he is a tosser, right ;) ) wonderwall is a perfect song. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    lephtylephty Posts: 770
    i never understood the popularity of oasis and i still cannot believe that they are still together and still have fans. my last musical memory of them is when they did unplugged... though i am not sure they is the right term for unplugged. i thought they fell off the earth shortly after that but in the past few years i keep seeing posts about them.

bleh
  • Options
    I loved and still love Oasis' first two records " Definitely Maybe" and "What's the Story Morning Glory". The latter is one of the finest albums made by a British band; to me it is easily up there with The Rolling Stones' "Exile on Main Street"[/B], The Beatles "Revolver", The Clashes' "London Calling", The Jimi Hendrix Experience "Are you experienced" and U2's "Joshua Tree".

Oasis live is a captivating experience, their live performances of their songs are better than the recording on their albums and they're one of the few bands that can unite both the North and South of England through music. Never in my life have I seen a Scouser and a Mancunian with their arms around each other shoulders singing to Wonderwall until my first and last Oasis concert.

They're a shadow of their former selves, they'll never compose, record or write any material as good as Definitely Maybe, but compared to the bands recording music in Britain they are still my pick of a very poor bunch!
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Noel Gallagher is a bloody fookin' WANKA!!! Crikey. All day long I work me bloody fingers to the bone, while this tosser goes around sayin we're all madferit when we're bloody not! Blimey! The fookin' STONES? Who does this wanka think he is?!?!?!? It makes me wanna hit meself in the head and head up to the pub for a pint to get pissed onit.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    I loved and still love Oasis' first two records " Definitely Maybe" and "What's the Story Morning Glory". The latter is one of the finest albums made by a British band; to me it is easily up there with The Rolling Stones' "Exile on Main Street"[/B], The Beatles "Revolver", The Clashes' "London Calling", The Jimi Hendrix Experience "Are you experienced" and U2's "Joshua Tree".
    Not British.
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    I love Pearl Jam and I like Oasis. I like many artist the Gallaghers usually throw shits on but I don't give a damn about them because what I think is what I am.
    And personally I think this time he is absolutely right about Oasis and the Stones!
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Not British.

You see you say that, but only Bono and Larry Mullen Jr are Irish! Clayton and The Edge are both English and though they were formed in Dublin, Ireland, I'd be inclined to place them under the British umbrella as well as the Irish umbrella. ;)
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    You see you say that, but only Bono and Larry Mullen Jr are Irish! Clayton and The Edge are both English and though they were formed in Dublin, Ireland, I'd be inclined to place them under the British umbrella as well as the Irish umbrella. ;)

hmm...stretching it a little... The Edge was less than one when he left UK! and clayton was 5!
  • Options
    On the land which you were conceived is where your nationality lies. You can hide with citizenship to pastures new, or pastures green, but you will always belong to the motherland that you first see with your own eyes and draw your first breath.

The band is a elective mixture of English and Irish, what would Oliver Cromwell say for that matter? Or Mr Irish Blood, English Heart? It's beyond beggers belief, this wouldn't have happened five hundred years ago! Relax, I kid! I kid! ;)
  • Options
    On the land which you were conceived is where your nationality lies. You can hide with citizenship to pastures new, or pastures green, but you will always belong to the motherland that you first see with your own eyes and draw your first breath.

The band is a elective mixture of English and Irish, what would Oliver Cromwell say for that matter? Or Mr Irish Blood, English Heart? It's beyond beggers belief, this wouldn't have happened five hundred years ago! Relax, I kid! I kid! ;)

The Edge is Welsh.
  • Options
    Sure, because if your parents had 100% English, Irish, American, French, Italian, ANY kind of blood and then you were conceived in Uzbekistan and born in Bosnia, you'd be Uzbek or Bosnian wouldn't you? ;)

Your nationality is where your heart and family lies. I have issues with the fact I was born in England to parents who had lived in England for 2 years, the first generation in the family to ever do so, my two eldest brothers are born in Glasgow, I spent half my childhood there and have always identified myself as Scottish. Plenty of people would tell me I'm not and they have fair arguments but I would ask them, is a child who grew up in a Scottish family, regularly visiting Scotland, with a Scottish accent (which has faded), clothed in the Scotland football shirt he wore with pride NOT Scottish because he wasn't born there?

I'll never be able to claim Scottish nationality in the way my brothers can because I missed being born there by a couple of years, but I can't see anything in my background and heritage, or in my own sense of identity, that makes me English besides my location. Does that make sense? :o

Although this is hardly related to the thread... :D
  • Options
    Since when was Barking, East London anywhere near Wales? I know my geography was never up to a high standard, but if I am correct, London is 120 miles away. The Edge was born to Welsh parents, however, where you are born is where you are born and The Edge was conceived on English soil. Though in his parents defence they left the mundane city of London for Dublin when he was under a year old, so Ireland can have him and Bono too. In fact, U2 haven't realised a good album for twenty one years and even that comes secondary to Strangeways, here we come. ;)
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Does that make sense? :o

Although this is hardly related to the thread... :D

I see things in black and white (unless I am not in the right frame of mind due to recreational D's and alcohol). People identify who they are in a variety of ways. You can choose to do so however you wish, you are a man free of oppression, but my parents are Irish and I was born in London and raised in London. Do I see myself as being an Irishman or an Englishman? I see myself as being neither, because I have no interest in being Irish or English, I have no interest in following my family tree, I have no interest in knowing who my ancestors were or were they come from. None of these things shape who I am, only the present shapes who I am and right now I am an obsolete mess in a cesspool of infidelity and futile attempts of seizing gold from underneath a rainbow.
  • Options

this is the biggest bunch of bollocks ive ever heard in regards to nationality.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    I see things in black and white (unless I am not in the right frame of mind due to recreational D's and alcohol). People identify who they are in a variety of ways. You can choose to do so however you wish, you are a man free of oppression, but my parents are Irish and I was born in London and raised in London. Do I see myself as being an Irishman or an Englishman? I see myself as being neither, because I have no interest in being Irish or English, I have no interest in following my family tree, I have no interest in knowing who my ancestors were or were they come from. None of these things shape who I am, only the present shapes who I am and right now I am an obsolete mess in a cesspool of infidelity and futile attempts of seizing gold from underneath a rainbow.
    Well whatever works for ya. I have similar attitudes to my present existence and patriotism is alien to me but I'm interested in heritage and culture.

Everytime I hear bagpipes, that instrument that inspires hatred and violent retching in all nationalities but the celtic ones, and a shiver runs down my spine, I know I'm a scotsman.
  • Options
    this is the biggest bunch of bollocks ive ever heard in regards to nationality.

It's a good thing, I don't value the opinion of someone who clearly cannot express oneself without displaying typical barbarism that has become paramount to the Underclass.
  • Options
    It's a good thing, I don't value the opinion of someone who clearly cannot express oneself without displaying typical barbarism that has become paramount to the Underclass.
    And you can always tell someone who strives for sophistication but knows bugger all about language and communicative enrichment, and therefore singularly falls way short of achieving it, when they think profanities are barbaric :rolleyes:
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I agree with catefrances. And I never knew Bollocks were barbaric. :p
  • Options

bwahahahaha :D

and people wonder why im a marxist.

*shakes head at ridiculously pompous fool* you certainly would have made a good toady for cromwell with that attitude, samuel marsden too id wager.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223

Fucking hell, I didn't know Norman Tebbit posted here.
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    And you can always tell someone who strives for sophistication but knows bugger all about language and communicative enrichment, and therefore singularly falls way short of achieving it, when they think profanities are barbaric :rolleyes:
    nuffingman wrote:
    And I never knew Bollocks were barbaric. :p
    *shakes head at ridiculously pompous fool* you certainly would have made a good toady for cromwell with that attitude, samuel marsden too id wager.
    Fucking hell, I didn't know Norman Tebbit posted here.

Really guys, this is uncalled for. You plebs just dont get it do you?? I never saw such unnecessary treatment of the Upper Class until now....

......*snigger* ;)
  • Options
    JordyWordy wrote:
    Really guys, this is uncalled for. You plebs just dont get it do you?? I never saw such unnecessary treatment of the Upper Class until now....

......*snigger* ;)

forgive me my lord. i dont know what came over me.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited September 2020
    Figured I'd just leave this right here: https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/09/noel-gallagher-anti-masker/

"I choose not to wear one and if I get the virus it’s on me, it’s not on anyone else. If every other cunt’s wearing a mask I’m not gonna catch it off them, and if I’ve got it then they’re not gonna catch it off me."

Science and assholes rarely see eye to eye.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM