My problem with Zeitgeist...

2»

Comments

• chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    Zwan was Smashing Pumpkins-lite

and Zeitgeist is Zwan-lite
    happen to agree with this completely.
    truth be told, i haven't read the thread.
    can't get past the impact, for me, of mellon collie during college.
    in h.s., dream...wow.
    early h.s., gish...not quite as wow, but still wow.

miss those days. think i might be kinda caught up in trying to get back there. wonder if i'm better off simply moving forward.
  • its ok if you don't pay much attention to it. Way too much jacking off the guitar and not enough.... song.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    I enjoyed it sure it's not up there with classic pumpkins records, but to those saying Zwan-lite, I think that is a bit harsh, I think it is way better than Zwan.
    And I have to listen to it a bit as my 4 year old likes them(the Pumpkins not Zwan).;)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    I enjoyed it sure it's not up there with classic pumpkins records, but to those saying Zwan-lite, I think that is a bit harsh, I think it is way better than Zwan.
    And I have to listen to it a bit as my 4 year old likes them(the Pumpkins not Zwan).;)

Zwan was remarkably better than Zeitgeist. There were some great songs that came out of the Zwan project. As has been stated already, Zeitgeist is emotionally empty. The songs are uninspiring and unimportant. Even taking them out of the context of the Pumpkins' career, they don't stand up.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • So this just came on my iTunes while I was away from my comp and I was too lazy to get up and turn it off...but had to eventually.

Pretty sure this album gets worse with every listen.
    Horry Kow!