Options

If you aren't from anywhere near asheville, NC..

Comments

• Options
    sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,033
    Honestly as much as I am loathe to say this, the reason this got all fucked is because they didn't use Ticketmaster from the start. Those ticketweb people just didn't have the infrastructure to handle it. Between the five fucking people I had online trying for tickets, someone should have gotten through.

Admitedly the demand is huge but spread across nine shows, there is no reason it should have been that bad.

I had tickets up to the final billing page several times and so did my friends,
    that was just a fucked up experience, because that podunk little ticket company couldn't do what ticketmaster can do.

And I fucking hate ticketmaster, I worked at an outlet once, I have firsthand experience.

I just hope they announce this new onsale date soon so people can plan around it.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    Honestly as much as I am loathe to say this, the reason this got all fucked is because they didn't use Ticketmaster from the start. Those ticketweb people just didn't have the infrastructure to handle it. Between the five fucking people I had online trying for tickets, someone should have gotten through.

Admitedly the demand is huge but spread across nine shows, there is no reason it should have been that bad.

I had tickets up to the final billing page several times and so did my friends,
    that was just a fucked up experience, because that podunk little ticket company couldn't do what ticketmaster can do.

And I fucking hate ticketmaster, I worked at an outlet once, I have firsthand experience.

I just hope they announce this new onsale date soon so people can plan around it.
    according to the Orange Peel:

Tickets will be sold through ticketmaster within the next day or two.

They will not go on sale before 6 pm eastern Monday.

The sale will be announced 4 hours prior to when they become available.

And I hate to say it too, but you're right. Tickets with this kind of demand need ticketmaster so the sites don't blow up or whatever happened. With smaller groups and such I like the ticketweb technique.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    righteousbaberighteousbabe Posts: 662
    mensane wrote:
    fine....

next time pearl jam plays the Showbox or the Gorge, only Washington State residents are allowed to buy tickets.....

and us BC people too, we're really close.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    And you're trying to buy SP tickets, FUCKING STOP IT. Finally someone worthwhile comes to North Carolina and you fucking foreigners (according to the orange peel ranging all the way from new zealand and rome) are fucking it up for the rest of us! The orange peel holds UNDER 950 people. I'm seriously fucking pissed off about this.

hey, i sat 5th row for Pj on the VFC at the ashville civic center. tix were still on sale that day!, so maybe you rednecks need to buy more tix ;)

GREAT town by the way. a true gem of the south
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    hey, i sat 5th row for Pj on the VFC at the ashville civic center. tix were still on sale that day!, so maybe you rednecks need to buy more tix ;)

GREAT town by the way. a true gem of the south
    I'm going to college there next year :cool:

"Make our day"
  • Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    I live 7 hours away and I'm so going to this if I can get tickets. We should meet up if our night coincide. I think it is dumb that people from other countries are gonna fly out for this, but whatever. Good luck to us both.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    And you're trying to buy SP tickets, FUCKING STOP IT. Finally someone worthwhile comes to North Carolina and you fucking foreigners (according to the orange peel ranging all the way from new zealand and rome) are fucking it up for the rest of us! The orange peel holds UNDER 950 people. I'm seriously fucking pissed off about this.

Damn, if you use the term "fucking foreigners" in regards to concert tix, I can only imagine how harsh you get when you refer to other minority groups in other regards!

I wish you peace!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Damn, if you use the term "fucking foreigners" in regards to concert tix, I can only imagine how harsh you get when you refer to other minority groups in other regards!

I wish you peace!
    you know what I meant by that.

"Make our day"
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    I'm going to college there next year :cool:
    UNC-Asheville?
  • Options
    Is someone going to be kind enough to post here when we get some info on when the tickts are going back on sale? I will/would but I'm usually a 'last to know' type person. It would be nice if all of us here got tickets and got to meet up or whatever. :)
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    UNC-Asheville?
    Yep.
    abook wrote:
    Is someone going to be kind enough to post here when we get some info on when the tickts are going back on sale? I will/would but I'm usually a 'last to know' type person. It would be nice if all of us here got tickets and got to meet up or whatever.

Sure will. I'm not leaving this house until the announcement is made. You'll have at least 4 hours from 6:00pm (eastern) to know so don't get too wound up.

"Make our day"
  • Options
    Tickets go on sale at 7pm this evening via ticketmaster.

Good luck guys, if we are successful, we will have to meet up and have a drink in Asheville... (assuming we are going to the same shows)
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    Tickets go on sale at 7pm this evening via ticketmaster.

Good luck guys, if we are successful, we will have to meet up and have a drink in Asheville... (assuming we are going to the same shows)

Thanks!! Good luck everybody!!! :):D
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Super delux: It's different because the Smashing Pumpkins' ticket demand right now is unreal. That PJ gig had huge demand but it's nothing compared to thousands upon thousands of people scraping for a venue like this.

then you didnt know how bad the demand was for the Astoria show... i know 2 or 3 guys on this forum alone who paid over $600 for a single ticket.. . now thats demand!!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    would be cool to have a meet up, what shows are you guys trying to get?
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options
    TheGossman wrote:
    would be cool to have a meet up, what shows are you guys trying to get?

My priority show is June 30th, and then July 2nd as well if I can get it.
  • Options
    I'm wanting the 30th, too. I can do almost all of them, though...except the first two nights.

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    good deal, I'm gonna try for 2 nights, I'm pretty sure the first couple shows are close to selling out anyway, we are better off trying for shows towards then end of their run, listening to Gish as I type this and getting PUMPED!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options
    June 30th and July 2nd.

Fuck yeah.
  • Options
    Phew! Got the 30th, I was going to try for other dates but since there was such a high demand, I decided to not be too greedy and give others a chance. I'm sooo excited now!!! :D

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Phew! Got the 30th, I was going to try for other dates but since there was such a high demand, I decided to not be too greedy and give others a chance. I'm sooo excited now!!! :D

This is going to be great, between me and my friends we have 4 for each night, we are going to have to rotate who goes which nights, cause there are more than 4 of us, but I am super excited about this.

The best part is that since I am always designated ticketmaster guy whenever we do something like this, and the tickets are in my name, I get to go no matter what :)
  • Options
    solracsolrac Posts: 21
    So... are the shows sold out already? I can't get anything...
    7.18.06 (Finally!)
    6.22.08 (With my little bro!)
  • Options
    solrac wrote:
    So... are the shows sold out already? I can't get anything...

yeah, I checked back. I think they're gone. Sorry

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    solracsolrac Posts: 21
    That's crazy. I was there checking at 7:00pm and it was showing as sold out.
    7.18.06 (Finally!)
    6.22.08 (With my little bro!)
  • Options
    This is going to be great, between me and my friends we have 4 for each night, we are going to have to rotate who goes which nights, cause there are more than 4 of us, but I am super excited about this.

The best part is that since I am always designated ticketmaster guy whenever we do something like this, and the tickets are in my name, I get to go no matter what :)

Yep, you feel better knowing your name is on the ticket, too. :D

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    under 15 minutes they're all gone!

I managed to get the first and last shows!

Sat Jue 23

and

Thursday July 5

*whew*...

"Make our day"
  • Options
    fuck, I didn't get anything, tried for the 20th, got in 30 seconds after they went on sale and it said it was sold out already, FUCK! Oh well, mabey I can find someone who's got a spair....:(
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    then you didnt know how bad the demand was for the Astoria show... i know 2 or 3 guys on this forum alone who paid over $600 for a single ticket.. . now thats demand!!!!
    jeez I can't imagine what these tickets are gonna scalp for.

"Make our day"
  • Options
    under 15 minutes they're all gone!

I managed to get the first and last shows!

Sat Jue 23

and

Thursday July 5

*whew*...

Congrats man, I know you were really sweating these shows.
  • Options
    TheGossman wrote:
    fuck, I didn't get anything, tried for the 20th, got in 30 seconds after they went on sale and it said it was sold out already, FUCK! Oh well, mabey I can find someone who's got a spair....:(

Aww man :( , that's too bad. I'm sure you'll find something.

-Oscar Wilde