Options

If you aren't from anywhere near asheville, NC..

Pearl Jam and toastPearl Jam and toast Posts: 4,475
edited May 2007 in Other Music
edit:

...***Everything's gonna be alright***...
Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    i never knew going to concerts were limited to people in the vicinity of the venue...thats good to know now

i should just buy a pair of tix and introduce them to my paper shredder...
    i just got a pair of tix to the july 3rd show in my cart...wonder how much they would go for on ebay
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Eiher shit or get off the pot. If they found a way in why cant you.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,033
    Ticket sales are suspended and will resume tommorow or tuesday on ticketmaster.com...

From netphoria:

DUE TO A MAJOR CRASH WITH THE TICKETING SERVICE'S SERVER, THE ON-SALE FOR THE SMASHING PUMPKINS RESIDENCY AT THE ORANGE PEEL IN ASHEVILLE, NORTH CAROLINA HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED. WE ARE TAKING STEPS TO FIX THE PROBLEM AND WILL RE-LAUNCH TICKET SALES SOMETIME ON MONDAY, MAY 21 OR PERHAPS TUESDAY, MAY 22, AS SOON AS WE CAN BE ASSURED THAT ALL PROBLEMS HAVE
    BEEN RESOLVED. THE ON SALE TIME WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT LEAST 4 HOURS PRIOR TO THE ON-SALE AND
    WILL NOT OCCUR PRIOR TO MONDAY, MAY 21, AT 6 P.M. EASTERN.

WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE AND APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING.

Pumpkins just made a myspace update that said something about an updated coming soon on the Asheville situation.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    Ticket sales are suspended and will resume tommorow or tuesday on ticketmaster.com...

From netphoria:

DUE TO A MAJOR CRASH WITH THE TICKETING SERVICE'S SERVER, THE ON-SALE FOR THE SMASHING PUMPKINS RESIDENCY AT THE ORANGE PEEL IN ASHEVILLE, NORTH CAROLINA HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED. WE ARE TAKING STEPS TO FIX THE PROBLEM AND WILL RE-LAUNCH TICKET SALES SOMETIME ON MONDAY, MAY 21 OR PERHAPS TUESDAY, MAY 22, AS SOON AS WE CAN BE ASSURED THAT ALL PROBLEMS HAVE
    BEEN RESOLVED. THE ON SALE TIME WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT LEAST 4 HOURS PRIOR TO THE ON-SALE AND
    WILL NOT OCCUR PRIOR TO MONDAY, MAY 21, AT 6 P.M. EASTERN.

WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE AND APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING.

Pumpkins just made a myspace update that said something about an updated coming soon on the Asheville situation.

I was about to post the exact same thing. I've been trying all day long and frustrated doesn't begin to describe the feeling I have after HOURS of this complete ridiculousness!! I've talked with the people at the orange peel and ticketweb by phone...they both said to be persistant, the tickets were still there, it's only a matter of time...blah blah blah and now it's 6 hours later and they pull it and tell us to wait and check up every four hours!!! What a joke!
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    And you're trying to buy SP tickets, FUCKING STOP IT. Finally someone worthwhile comes to North Carolina and you fucking foreigners (according to the orange peel ranging all the way from new zealand and rome) are fucking it up for the rest of us! The orange peel holds UNDER 950 people. I'm seriously fucking pissed off about this.

look how many nights they are at the orange peel.
    is this accurate? this is from pollstar.com
    The Smashing Pumpkins

Sat 06/23/07 Asheville, NC Orange Peel
    Sun 06/24/07 Asheville, NC Orange Peel
    Tue 06/26/07 Asheville, NC Orange Peel
    Wed 06/27/07 Asheville, NC Orange Peel
    Fri 06/29/07 Asheville, NC Orange Peel
    Sat 06/30/07 Asheville, NC Orange Peel
    Mon 07/02/07 Asheville, NC Orange Peel
    Tue 07/03/07 Asheville, NC Orange Peel
    Thu 07/05/07 Asheville, NC Orange Peel
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    And you're trying to buy SP tickets, FUCKING STOP IT. Finally someone worthwhile comes to North Carolina and you fucking foreigners (according to the orange peel ranging all the way from new zealand and rome) are fucking it up for the rest of us! The orange peel holds UNDER 950 people. I'm seriously fucking pissed off about this.

damn, I've gone to concerts at the HOB when I'm on vacation at myrtle beach.
    I guess I'm not allowed?
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I was about to post the exact same thing. I've been trying all day long and frustrated doesn't begin to describe the feeling I have after HOURS of this complete ridiculousness!! I've talked with the people at the orange peel and ticketweb by phone...they both said to be persistant, the tickets were still there, it's only a matter of time...blah blah blah and now it's 6 hours later and they pull it and tell us to wait and check up every four hours!!! What a joke!

Yeah disapointing and you know what i kind of saw this coming. I spent about an hour trying to get tickets before i gave up.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    Yeah disapointing and you know what i kind of saw this coming. I spent about an hour trying to get tickets before i gave up.

At least you were smart about it. I spent all day up until 7 for nothing....a whole sunny sunday afternoon. I know, I'm a sucker but I've never seen them live and they were my favorite band in highschool. I had all their albums, tons of t shirts, posters, boots...I was obsessed but too poor to go to any lives shows. I thought this was gonna be my chance...not to mention how much I love Asheville. Fingers crossed for tomorrow or tues, I guess.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    I agree this is the best show NC has gotten all year, I couldn't believe they chose NC out of all the the east coast states, ticketweb sucks though, I had been trying from 1-6, had the tickets in my cart 3 times, was at the last step 3 times, had my cc# and everything done, clicked submit order and boom back to the first step, "order could not be processed", even if I don't get to go, I will feel good that my tickets went to another fan rather than a scalper, and also I will be buying 2 tickets tommorow and more than likely making the trip solo, so if I can get through and get 2 tickets, I'll have an extra, good luck to you guys tommorow!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options
    At least you were smart about it. I spent all day up until 7 for nothing....a whole sunny sunday afternoon. I know, I'm a sucker but I've never seen them live and they were my favorite band in highschool. I had all their albums, tons of t shirts, posters, boots...I was obsessed but too poor to go to any lives shows. I thought this was gonna be my chance...not to mention how much I love Asheville. Fingers crossed for tomorrow or tues, I guess.

they came to Charlotte back in 96 or 97 with fountains of wayne, it was my 2nd concert and it was great, my mom took my brother and I, but I felt bad for her cause it was loud as fuck, so we had to leave early, but if ticketmaster sells them you shouldn't have a problem getting them, just be logged in before they go onsale
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options
    well i feel like these guys are going to do a world tour after these littledates. It will be a real world tour (not like pearl jam's where they ignore an entire region).

I'm sure these shows at the orange peel would be magical but if i don't get tickets i'll wait for the big tour.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    I'm sure they will do an arena tour afterwards, I would just rather see them in Asheville with a bunch of music lovers rather than an arena with a bunch of drunk frats, Asheville is the best place to see a live show in my opinion
  • Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    iluvcats wrote:
    look how many nights they are at the orange peel.
    is this accurate? this is from pollstar.com
    The Smashing Pumpkins

Sat 06/23/07 Asheville, NC Orange Peel
    Sun 06/24/07 Asheville, NC Orange Peel
    Tue 06/26/07 Asheville, NC Orange Peel
    Wed 06/27/07 Asheville, NC Orange Peel
    Fri 06/29/07 Asheville, NC Orange Peel
    Sat 06/30/07 Asheville, NC Orange Peel
    Mon 07/02/07 Asheville, NC Orange Peel
    Tue 07/03/07 Asheville, NC Orange Peel
    Thu 07/05/07 Asheville, NC Orange Peel

yes it is accurate, my niece lives in asheville and they REALLY like to play there..
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    well i feel like these guys are going to do a world tour after these littledates. It will be a real world tour (not like pearl jam's where they ignore an entire region).

I'm sure these shows at the orange peel would be magical but if i don't get tickets i'll wait for the big tour.

I'm sure they will but these shows are an intimate setting with a tiny crowd. The experience will be amazing! I'm gonna just try again tomorrow and hope for the best.

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    pearljam0000pearljam0000 Posts: 450
    Fuck off dork.
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912

fine....

next time pearl jam plays the Showbox or the Gorge, only Washington State residents are allowed to buy tickets.....
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912

fine....

next time pearl jam plays the Showbox or the Gorge, only Washington State residents are allowed to buy tickets.....
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    intodeep wrote:

Since 2005, PJ has done a thorough tour of Canada, 2 legs in the U.S., Western europe twice (upcoming), eastern Europe, South America and Australia......thats a real world tour!
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    kdpjam wrote:
    yes it is accurate, my niece lives in asheville and they REALLY like to play there..

i don't believe they've ever played in asheville, have they? i could be wrong...
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    everyone:

It's different than going to the HOB or to a normal show. This is a tiny venue. It's not really fair to everyone here who don't get opportunities like this very much if people from all over the world buy tickets. That's why the site crashed. That's why a large amount of locals aren't going to be able to go to any of the nine shows. I wish you could only buy tickets AT the orange peel.

"Make our day"
  • Options
    mensane wrote:
    fine....

If the showbox is as small as I think it is than that would be a great idea. But this is different still.. the pumpkins tickets have an overwhelming demand right now.

"Make our day"
  • Options
    TheGossman wrote:
    I agree this is the best show NC has gotten all year, I couldn't believe they chose NC out of all the the east coast states, ticketweb sucks though, I had been trying from 1-6, had the tickets in my cart 3 times, was at the last step 3 times, had my cc# and everything done, clicked submit order and boom back to the first step, "order could not be processed", even if I don't get to go, I will feel good that my tickets went to another fan rather than a scalper, and also I will be buying 2 tickets tommorow and more than likely making the trip solo, so if I can get through and get 2 tickets, I'll have an extra, good luck to you guys tommorow!
    Don't be so sure about the scalpers. I think they're going to be selling through ticketmaster now.

"Make our day"
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    everyone:

It's different than going to the HOB or to a normal show. This is a tiny venue. It's not really fair to everyone here who don't get opportunities like this very much if people from all over the world buy tickets. That's why the site crashed. That's why a large amount of locals aren't going to be able to go to any of the nine shows. I wish you could only buy tickets AT the orange peel.

Pearl Jam at the Astoria last year.

population 1600.. for a one-off show having not been in the UK for 6 years

i met Irish, French, Americans, Canadians, Scottish, etc.

i met about 3 Londoners and all of them were loving the International feel of the crowd.

i understand what you're trying to say but i think its the shitty fuck you fuckers attitude in the first post people are finding it hard to get past ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    everyone:

I feel your pain. Asheville is a town i travel to for concerts so i sort of consider it my backyard too. Obviously not as close as someone living there but you don't expect them to sell out 9 days and expect all locals to show up do you?

They could do one maybe two nights if it was a locals only show. So i hope everyone can get tickets but when big bands play small shows like this it is to be expected. I have a friend who is a huge pumpkins fan. Probably a bigger pumkins fan then i am a pearl jam fan and he lives in atlatna with me. THere is no way he was not going to try to get tickets.

Good luck tomorrow or today when ticketmaster tickets go on sale. I was excited about ticketweb becasue they would not have the HIGH fees ticketbastard will surely charge for this show.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Intern for promotions at a major radio station and you shouldn't have a problem getting into any event.

Or work security.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    superdeluxesuperdeluxe Posts: 119

Shut up. These special performances are happening in TWO places. TWO. You should be thankful that its down the street for you.
  • Options
    oppie1 wrote:
    i never knew going to concerts were limited to people in the vicinity of the venue...thats good to know now

i should just buy a pair of tix and introduce them to my paper shredder...
    i just got a pair of tix to the july 3rd show in my cart...wonder how much they would go for on ebay

You can't sell them, unless you plan on going to the venue and walking that one person in.
  • Options
    If the showbox is as small as I think it is than that would be a great idea. But this is different still.. the pumpkins tickets have an overwhelming demand right now.

How is it different?

Pearl Jam plays ONE showbox date. Pumpkins are playing 9 dates. IE you have a better shot.
  • Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    everyone:

true. my niece said going to a sold out show at the orange peel is kinda hellish.. i see your point.

i don't know whether SP has played asheville before or not, but they obviously love the town.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

i understand what you're trying to say but i think its the shitty fuck you fuckers attitude in the first post people are finding it hard to get past ;)
    Yeah sorry about that but I was more pissed than I've ever been yesterday. It's the stress.

Super delux: It's different because the Smashing Pumpkins' ticket demand right now is unreal. That PJ gig had huge demand but it's nothing compared to thousands upon thousands of people scraping for a venue like this.

If it were a stadium gig than sure, I'd love the international crowd. But considering the size of the venue and demand it just really seems like it should be a local event. I'd be happier if they played 2 or 3 shows at the Orange Peel and only sold them locally (which could be done by selling them only at the orange peel or record stores in the region, you get the idea).

"Make our day"