DMB "member" leaves DMB

2»

Comments

• pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020

Plus, Tim Reynolds is on the roster this summer. I'll take that trade anyday.

I did not know this...
    looks like I'll be seeing DMB again!

Tim Reynolds makes Mike McCready look like he just picked up his first guitar!
  • Tenacious BTenacious B Posts: 77
    Eh Hee & Shotgun are good.

Idea Of You is crap.. as was Can't Stop.

Hope this tour kicks ass.. still need to see The Stone live.

Can't stop is not good. Idea was good initially. Not as enamored with it lately.

Tim is unbelievable on guitar.
  • maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    Eh Hee & Shotgun are good.

I love these.....and Cornbread!! =)
    My lips are shaking.......
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,977
    pjtaper wrote:

OOOOH!! That's gonna start a fuss! :D

I love them both!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • bossman3188bossman3188 Posts: 263
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    they stopped making good music after btcs.

so yea i know what good music is.

blind faith in a band just because you liked what they started with is retarded.

who the fuck said i like all their stuff just cause their first albums were good? listen man, you post a thread about any band out there, im talking ANY BAND, and you will have people saying "oh well they WERE good but now they cant make decent music"...dude im sick of hearing that shit. i like them because they are extremely talented and can put on a show. their music is good, even the stuff after btcs. just because it might not be what YOU want their music to be, is no reason to hate a band.

besides, they make more money than you ever will, so im sure they are not that bad. they could tour the rest of their lives without making new music and still sell venues out.
    there'll be time for laughin'
    there's no time to cry
    soon i will be leavin'
    look me in the eye
    no matter what's in front of me
    it's your face that i'll see
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    besides, they make more money than you ever will, so im sure they are not that bad. they could tour the rest of their lives without making new music and still sell venues out.
    ha... good logic... so the bands that make the most money are the best? nickleback shows sell out too... you know who buys the tickets? nickleback fans... it just means theres more dorks out there than real music fans would like for there to be

and your last statement is a big part of the problem most people have with the band... dont just take advantage of the loyalty of your fan base while not giving them any good new music in return... im not saying theyre not talented musicians... i just think that talent could be better used in the studio than automatically touring every summer just because its expected
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    DMB blah who cares.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    pjtaper wrote:
    I did not know this...
    looks like I'll be seeing DMB again!

That is total bullshit. Completely different playing styles, but perhaps that is lost on you.

I'm happy about Tim touring w/ DMB. It is always fun to see him play with structure. I had the unfortunate experience of seeing him solo once, and it was the worst thing I'd ever seen. Total musical masturbation. I looked around at a floor full of pretty bored people and walked out. Tim is an amazing talent, but definitely needs to be reigned in.

I enjoyed Butch's contribution, but it defintely got old at times, so I'll be happy to see the band this summer without him.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Sonic19Sonic19 Posts: 159
    Pretty thrilled about this actually. Couldn't have made a better swap imo. Those piano jams just absolutely killed all the energy in those songs for me.
    Stay positive and love your life
    Hooray Florida shows
  • Sonic19 wrote:
    Pretty thrilled about this actually. Couldn't have made a better swap imo. Those piano jams just absolutely killed all the energy in those songs for me.

You are correct. Some of Butch's fills are nice, but he takes the wind out the sails during his jams.
    Anyone see the set from Saturday? Pretty crazy......covering Pink Floyd's Money into The Beatles' Money (That's What I Want).
  • macci wrote:
    Anyone see the set from Saturday? Pretty crazy......covering Pink Floyd's Money into The Beatles' Money (That's What I Want).

Yes. Lots of covers so far. Word is that is Tim's influence.
  • Also, a few songs from Some Devil. Surprising. DMB had only performed the song Some Devil as full band before this year.
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,342
    Anyone know when they took the stage in Pittsburgh either night or when I should expect them to at Camden?

The tickets say "Show 7pm" and there's one opener.

Thanks!
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Anyone know when they took the stage in Pittsburgh either night or when I should expect them to at Camden?

The tickets say "Show 7pm" and there's one opener.

Thanks!

They're normally on at like 8:15 - 8:30 with a 7pm opener. They come on later if there are traffic issues or bad weather, but they're normally on around 8:15-8:30. N2 this weekend they were on a touch early at 8:10.
    Also, a few songs from Some Devil. Surprising. DMB had only performed the song Some Devil as full band before this year.

Yeah I'm DL-ing the shows now - I heard So Damn Lucky was pretty good & they reworked Gravedigger.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Anyone need tix to Hershey of Darien?

Hershey - floor row 49 (49th row from the stage)
    Darien - Section 404 row 4 (dead center)

PM me if interested.

Selling for face of course, although will take less if I don't sell them by tomorrow.
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    who the fuck said i like all their stuff just cause their first albums were good? listen man, you post a thread about any band out there, im talking ANY BAND, and you will have people saying "oh well they WERE good but now they cant make decent music"...dude im sick of hearing that shit. i like them because they are extremely talented and can put on a show. their music is good, even the stuff after btcs. just because it might not be what YOU want their music to be, is no reason to hate a band.
    yea im sorry anyone with a taste for good song writing KNOWS busted stuff was on par with UTTD, CRASH, and BTCS:rolleyes:
    what the fuck are you talking about? try a coherent argument. $$$$ are you fuckin serious? On what planet does money play in being consistent musicians, if it takes me to tell you bands live off of a rep for decades (Grateful dead anyone?), then you are truly naive.

i cant wait to see what totally unrelated subject you'll come back with, i love bipolar people.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    yea im sorry anyone with a taste for good song writing KNOWS busted stuff was on par with UTTD, CRASH, and BTCS:rolleyes: what the fuck are you talking about? try a coherent argument. $$$$ are you fuckin serious? On what planet does money play in being consistent musicians, if it takes me to tell you bands live off of a rep for decades (Grateful dead anyone?), then you are truly naive.

i cant wait to see what totally unrelated subject you'll come back with, i love bipolar people.

busted stuff is as good as BTCS and crash, but not UTTaD
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Bela Fleck guested tonight. Nice.

Played on 41, DDTW, Cornbread, and Ants. Encore is TBD as of right now.