VMAs

2»

Comments

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    jorgems wrote:
    According to some web sites, really sad to see how this show has crashed down over the last few years...I havent even bothered to see it for a while back now...Apparently yesterdays was really bad, and you have to count on Tommy Lee to put out some lame childish acted fight to higher the ratings some how or to see Britneys Fat butt on stage...

I remember when we used to see Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Live, Smashing Pumkins, etc. really rock out the show...Good ol days...
    Anyone have a video link of this horrible Britney video?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    lowlight10 wrote:
    did they show any full Foo songs? I only saw The Pretender and whatever that garbage with Serj was (he sucks). was hoping to see a collaboration with Queens.
    That was a Dead Kennedys tune, 'Holiday In Cambodia'.... HOLIDAY IN CAMBODIA... at the fricken' pansie ass MTV Awards bullshit show. And the Queens Of The Mother Fucking Stone Age did play... with the Eagles Of Death Metal.
    I can picture Grohl calling all his biker buddies and guys like Josh Homme and Jack Black to come to Vegas.... free rooms... free booze... free food... and they didn't have to get all dressed up. Awards shows are usually bullshit and you'd ordinarily get one Foos song and 3 hours of horrible comedy and worse music from pansies and wannabe gangstas.
    A friend of mine got a ticket in... along with 75 (+one) friends... to the suite for an all night party. She's still sleeping, but will fill me in on the details. 150 Foo fans in a suite with the Foo Fighters, Queens Of The Mother Fucking Stone Age, Eagles of Death Metal, Lemmy, Wino and their gnarly ass crews... in Vegas.
    They should have just kept the cameras rolling in that room and said screw all that other Britney bullshit. THAT... would have been a show.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    LukinFan wrote:
    Anyone have a video link of this horrible Britney video?
    http://music.aol.com/popeater/2007/09/09/britney-bombs-at-vmas/

I saw the whole thing. 1st, Britney was supposed to do some big opening act with Criss Angel. What happened to that, I have no idea.

2nd, her hair extensions looked atrocious. If you're going to be on national TV, get your hair done right. The rest of the performance was just really.. not good. It's true, it had no oomph to it. I don't think she looked fat, she's just not a rail thin turnip like the rest of these folks.. she actually looked like she ate something recently. But the outfit was not flattering, or forgiving. She could've picked something else to wear.

As for the rest of it, I think I'm just too old to be watching all that. They should've just focused on one of the suites. Watching them switch rooms around gave me a headache.

Alicia Keys did a good job. She did her new song and a cover of "Freedom." Chris Brown's performance was very energetic, he was jumping from one table to another.

Fall out Boy I could live without, and they should have showed someone doing an entire song, they showed bits and pieces of performances. And they showed artists that don't actually sing or that nobody really wants to see sing, like Fall out Boy with Rihanna? Why would anyone want to see that? They should have had Kid Rock do his new song, or I could've even dealt with Daughtry... but egads..

Even Beyonce would've done a better job up there. I mean they tried to be ambitious but they should just stick to the formula but have real live acts perform. No lip synching allowed.

And the fight-Kid Rock walked up to Tommy and punched him out.

The footage of that is supposedly on mtv.com
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Gmoney wrote:
    britney was bad, but not fat at all! not in the shape she used to be, i think shes had some kids or something... if that's fat then your average american is fat as hell!!

Your average American IS fat as hell.
    Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm....
  • Allie wrote:

And the fight-Kid Rock walked up to Tommy and punched him out.

The footage of that is supposedly on mtv.com

yep...here it is...

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1569305/20070910/lee_tommy.jhtml
  • any guy would be lucky to have a chick with brits body, and any girl would love to look the way she did on sunday.
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • It's sad to see so many people have internalized this culture's neurotic concept of weight. Britney Spears is NOT fat.
    Sleep on horseback
    Far moon in a continuing dream
    Steam of roasting tea

--Basho
  • Cosmo wrote:
    That was a Dead Kennedys tune, 'Holiday In Cambodia'.... HOLIDAY IN CAMBODIA... at the fricken' pansie ass MTV Awards bullshit show. And the Queens Of The Mother Fucking Stone Age did play... with the Eagles Of Death Metal.
    I can picture Grohl calling all his biker buddies and guys like Josh Homme and Jack Black to come to Vegas.... free rooms... free booze... free food... and they didn't have to get all dressed up. Awards shows are usually bullshit and you'd ordinarily get one Foos song and 3 hours of horrible comedy and worse music from pansies and wannabe gangstas.

Having a choice, that's the only party suite I would've enjoyed. No overly dressed, posturing/pretentious bastards! Just a bunch of drunk, sweaty fans enjoying good music. The Foos were so into it, gotta luv em.
  • for anybody else that only watched to see the Foos...

Head to MTV.com to watch the entire Foo Fighters performance from the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards. Watch the band perform their hits, as well as other classics with help from some very special guests. You can rate each performance as you view it. Be sure to cast your vote! You can also send the link to your friends by going here: http://www.mtv.com/ontv/vma/2007/html/send_to_friend/
    Our friends outside of North America will be unable to view the performance at this time, and we're sorry for that. We are working to fix it.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • I have to say, Britney isn't fat, but she is out of shape. Too out of shape for an outfit as teeny as that one was, and certainly too out of shape by current Hollywood starlet standards. I read that originally they had her in some sort of corsett type outfit and she didn't want to wear it. Probably on account of all that pesky breathing she would have to do during those strenuous dance moves (not).

And, hey...about lip synching. What the hell? At least throw on a head set to make it LOOK like you're singing into something. She didn't even try to fake her fake singing. that just seems lazy to me.

She's a mess. She looks like she smells like dirty socks and old cheese.