VMAs

jorgemsjorgems Posts: 275
edited September 2007 in Other Music
According to some web sites, really sad to see how this show has crashed down over the last few years...I havent even bothered to see it for a while back now...Apparently yesterdays was really bad, and you have to count on Tommy Lee to put out some lame childish acted fight to higher the ratings some how or to see Britneys Fat butt on stage...

I remember when we used to see Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Live, Smashing Pumkins, etc. really rock out the show...Good ol days...
Albuquerque 98, BSB 99, Houston 2000, San Antonio 2003, Monterrey 2005, Las Vegas 2006, Los Angeles Night 2 2008 (Ed Solo)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    why would you post a thread about how bad something was when you didn't even see it yourself?

do you believe everything you read?

(I did see it... and it was awful... but that's not the point)

plus... who cares?
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Britney is HOT.

in a trailer trash, cottage cheese pocked thigh, totally repulsive sort of way
  • jorgems wrote:
    I remember when we used to see Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Live, Smashing Pumkins, etc. really rock out the show...Good ol days...
    You mean when those bands were the flavor of the day? MTV has always sucked.
  • bostonlou wrote:

plus... who cares?

I sure as hell don't. :)
  • FedericoFederico Posts: 7,916
    jorgems wrote:
    According to some web sites, really sad to see how this show has crashed down over the last few years...I havent even bothered to see it for a while back now...Apparently yesterdays was really bad, and you have to count on Tommy Lee to put out some lame childish acted fight to higher the ratings some how or to see Britneys Fat butt on stage...

just a comment, cause i know this is not the right forum to speak about other artists, but i´d like to say that "britney spears fat issue", should be taken very carefully, because if the whole damn press is pointing out that that 25 years old girl (god she´s just a kid) is really fat...we´ll we´d better dont get mad the next time we hear or read some stats about bulimia and anorexy....just wanted to say it cause theres too much violence in some words that are widely and uncounsciosly delivered nowadays...
  • Federico wrote:
    just a comment, cause i know this is not the right forum to speak about other artists, but i´d like to say that "britney spears fat issue", should be taken very carefully, because if the whole damn press is pointing out that that 25 years old girl (god she´s just a kid) is really fat...we´ll we´d better dont get mad the next time we hear or read some stats about bulimia and anorexy....just wanted to say it cause theres too much violence in some words that are widely and uncounsciosly delivered nowadays...
    She wasn't fat. She looked out off shape. Her curves were gone. She looked like a dude with a wig.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    I'm guessing the Foo Fighters suite was pretty fun... I mean... the Foos... Serg from System doing Dead Kennedys with them... Queens of the Stone Age and Eagles Of Death Metal also doing sets... and a party with Lemmy and Wino in attendance... Vegas... free booze... 150 Foo Fans.
    They should have just shot the whole 2 hours in the Foo suite... they would have probably scored a rating coup.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • FedericoFederico Posts: 7,916
    She wasn't fat. She looked out off shape. Her curves were gone. She looked like a dude with a wig.

Lady looks like a dude! (with steven tyler voice)
  • She wasn't fat at all....just not the Britney she used to be.

Her hair extentions were very cheap and awful looking.

Her moves were off balance and she looked very uncomfortable..

why the hell can't people just sing for real..

Also, she needs to go ahead and forget about a comeback and tend to those two boys of hers.They are so cute, but they need a mother right now more than ever..
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • jorgemsjorgems Posts: 275
    I mean come on: the highlight of the show was Britneys "come back"?????, everyone cheering her....???? Its like a Deja Vu of re-electing GW...
    Albuquerque 98, BSB 99, Houston 2000, San Antonio 2003, Monterrey 2005, Las Vegas 2006, Los Angeles Night 2 2008 (Ed Solo)
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    britney was bad, but not fat at all! not in the shape she used to be, i think shes had some kids or something... if that's fat then your average american is fat as hell!! other than that i thought the vma's were cool. much better than they have been in the past.
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    MTV has been on the decline for several years. It amazes me that they are still even a channel on air and still have the nerve to call them selves music television. Every time I flip through the channels, they always have some reality show on. I read the report from pollstar.com that indicated (I'll paraphrase it) they [MTV] know their ratings have been in the decline so the show was 2 hours as opposed to three as in years past. The rest of the article just slams Briney Spears's so called "comeback" and just basicallytaunted her for the fact that she lip synced through the performance. We all know that's nothing new, she and other bubble gum acts of her era have always done that.
    http://www.pollstar.com
    Mtv is pretty lame unless you are into the corporate money making rock which consists of emo artists who play music that sounds like a watered down version of thrash metal.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • britney has hail damage
  • Nelly Furtado has a kid, and her body is TIGHT!
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    is it really suprising that MTV sucked at something?

MTV has been out of touch for years now....
  • The Foo Fighters w/ that Gnarls Barkley guy was the coolest two minutes of the entire show.

although Timberlake is da man.

yeah, that's right, I said it.
  • 4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,224
    it isnt right to make fun of her weight but at the same time she had no business wearing what she did. I watched it. More in a trainwreck kinda way. I thought the Foos were good. I also thought Chris Brown was really good. Yeah he lipsynched but made up for it with his dancing. Thought he did a really good job with what he was trying to do.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• pouch15pouch15 Posts: 436
    jorgems wrote:

Werent this the Movie awards??? or was it Music awards yesterday???
  • pouch15 wrote:
    Werent this

THESE were the Video Music awards.

MTV sucks.

Fall Out Boy sucks.

Britney looked out of shaped (soft, I wouldnt say fat).

I watched some of it after I couldnt stand football anymore after the Bears loss...

did they show any full Foo songs? I only saw The Pretender and whatever that garbage with Serj was (he sucks). was hoping to see a collaboration with Queens.

one of the really funny things was when Justin Timberlake won an award and came up and said that MTV should play more videos and that we dont want to see more reality TV. the funny thing was that it was 3 girls from the OC or one of those MTV reality shows (famous for nothing) presenting the award to him!
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    She wasn't fat at all....just not the Britney she used to be.

I would have to agree. If people think she's fat then society is in real trouble... I mean we are going to hell in a hand basket... but that hand-basket isn't fat... it's fashionable... sleek and sexy. Oh the image obsessed world we live in...
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,848
    MTV has not been musically relevant for at least 10 years.
    There was a time, but its come and gone
  • Get_Right wrote:
    MTV has not been musically relevant for at least 10 years.
    There was a time, but its come and gone

Completely agree with you, amen x 10
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    britney was moving like she was fat

but she's far from it

she just didn't look interested

if she put some energy into it... it would of been much better

or so i read ;)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • I could whip Britney back into shape. I'm talking her 2001 days. If she'd only give me a shot.

Poor girl needs help, and I could give it to her.

Being the demented MF I am, I'd be really curious to see how fucked up a Britney Spears-Michael Jackson offspring would be.

I know, it's Hard to Imagine.
    'I'm like an opening band for the sun'
  • a fun read. I forgot how much John Norris looked like a tool.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20688989/
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    bostonlou wrote:
    britney was moving like she was fat

but she's far from it

she just didn't look interested

if she put some energy into it... it would of been much better

or so i read ;)

she's too big for that outfit for sure
    Sarah Silverman's joke about her was hilarious!

The whole show was a train wreck!
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    PahkTheCah wrote:
    Britney is HOT.

Yes, she is
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • not surprised
    MTV sucks now.
    and wtf was up with justin timberlake winning over bono...yeah i saw that part and that was it.
    Adge
    12.9.06= Rockin In The Free World
  • smithnic wrote:
    she's too big for that outfit for sure
    Sarah Silverman's joke about her was hilarious!

The whole show was a train wreck!
    my friend was telling me that sarah seemed stoned or something at the show and kindof out of it... shes usual fucking hilarious tho... i only watched it for a minute during kanyes performance and did not enjoy what i saw
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,808
    sgossard3 wrote:
    my friend was telling me that sarah seemed stoned or something at the show and kindof out of it... shes usual fucking hilarious tho... i only watched it for a minute during kanyes performance and did not enjoy what i saw

she was funny. it was the crowd that was bad. it became awkward.
    I miss igotid88