Full U.S. tour?

mensanemensane Posts: 912
edited February 2008 in The Porch
anyone else think that Pearl Jam will announce a tour AFTER everyone spends a small fortune to see them at Bonnaroo????
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    Yes.

Would be just their style, considering '06 and all.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • That's how they did it in 2006. Can't see why it would be any different this time.
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    that is why i wont be buying tickets to this. just in case. the money we spend on two tix to Roo, would easily pay for 2 tix to 3 or 4 shows.

i'll take my chances, and if it dont happen, i really wont be that upset, cause i just dont dig big festival shows that much anyway.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    that'd be a shame... that really sucked last time
  • I'm sitting out on going to Bonnaroo. I'm taking the chance and holding out for other dates. I've learned that sometimes it pays to wait. :)
  • Even a "maybe" would suffice. Didn't the old rumor pits way back in the day list rumored cities and stuff?
  • That's how they roll...
  • I'm going to be saving a little extra just in case they have a Vic like show in Nashville the Thursday before or something.
  • I think with an election coming up, I am hoping for a few shows in some key states perhaps.....
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    the wolf wrote:
    that is why i wont be buying tickets to this. just in case. the money we spend on two tix to Roo, would easily pay for 2 tix to 3 or 4 shows.

i'll take my chances, and if it dont happen, i really wont be that upset, cause i just dont dig big festival shows that much anyway.

Agreed! :D
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I think they'll work on a new album between now and Bonnaroo, play the 'Roo, more work on the album, some sort of VFC schedule in September or October, and a record and tour in '09.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    it would be a late start compared to '06.

hope it happens.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • the wolf wrote:

After being all excited to go to Bonnaroo I will be doing the same as you, the line up IMO kinda sucks (for my liking at least) and it doenst justify the expense and the 13 hour drive there and back anymore... :(

hope we hear about some other dates some time in the near future...
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • SOLAT319 wrote:
    Man! You guys are such buzz killers. I am slowly changing my mind and going towards not buying tickets to the Roo and holding out for that VFC type schedule everyone keeps talking about.

Sorry :( didnt mean to kill your enthusiasm... :p
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    mensane wrote:
    anyone else think that Pearl Jam will announce a tour AFTER everyone spends a small fortune to see them at Bonnaroo????
    People act like Pearl Jam is never going to tour again. Yes they will tour again. Don't go to Bonnaroo if you're worried about money.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I'll take new music over a live show any day. I'm more excited about the knew album than hearing the same songs live for the 10 millionth time.
  • JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    In my mind, it's worth the money. PJ, Metallica, Allman Brothers, State Radio, Jack Johnspn. If you went to see them individually, it'd be much more than $209.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Man! You guys are such buzz killers. I am slowly changing my mind and going towards not buying tickets to the Roo and holding out for that VFC type schedule everyone keeps talking about.

AWW im sorry, dont let us change your mind. im just in between jobs right now, so money is an issue, but even if it was not, i just dont think i would want to see them in a festival type atmosphere. dont think i would want to put up with all the fans of the other bands talking shit. its bad enough at a PJ show sometimes when you have "fans" that dont really care, now multiply that by.........well, a lot. not my cup of tea.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • I don't see another full tour coming before they finish their next album. I can see the odd show here and there tho, so even if you don't go to Bonnaroo there will be another chance to see PJ.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • I'm going just because I've never seen PJ before live and I REALLY have an itch to see them. I'm going to make sure to be close to front too seeing how my number is 360xxx.
  • so even if you don't go to Bonnaroo there will be another chance to see PJ.

Bingo :D
  • I can see the odd show here and there tho, so even if you don't go to Bonnaroo there will be another chance to see PJ.

I agree :)
    the wolf wrote:
    AWW im sorry, dont let us change your mind. im just in between jobs right now, so money is an issue, but even if it was not, i just dont think i would want to see them in a festival type atmosphere. dont think i would want to put up with all the fans of the other bands talking shit. its bad enough at a PJ show sometimes when you have "fans" that dont really care, now multiply that by.........well, a lot. not my cup of tea.

also, i live in Ohio, so if they do some sort of VFC thing again, im pretty sure there would be a show near me, due to Ohio being so fracking conservative.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • the wolf wrote:
    also, i live in Ohio, so if they do some sort of VFC thing again, im pretty sure there would be a show near me, due to Ohio being so fracking conservative.

I'm hoping for the same here in FL (though I would travel if they scheduled shows anywhere else too) :p
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    the wolf wrote:

toledo in the house...

woot woot!

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I'd be happy with a couple Seattle warm-up gigs.
  • quasiquasi Posts: 492
    Not worth it. I can't stand festivals in general anyways. Why is this such a big deal? It's not like they're coming out of retirement after 10 years. I'll be waiting for the Pearl Jam only tour.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • I'm just holding out for the Gorge show this summer, I have it from a very reliable source that they will be there!
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there....there's much more than this.
    www.myspace.com/kryslowe
  • i am most definitely saving the funds, IN CASE they tour elsewhere, to me, a week of my 3 weeks vacation spent on roo is just not worth it. I will wait with patience.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • I think the odds are very good for a VFC kind of thing... it's definitely something the band would be inclined towards. I don't see myself going to the Roo, so I'll have to wait for these alleged dates to be announced a little later.
  • One show in all of '08? I guess that could happen but not really likely right? People have said it before. You gotta rehearse for a big headliner... it would be odd for them to not pop up here and there in key areas of the country this year, politically speaking.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07