Ray LaMontagne

2»

Comments

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oSwj7QWiDI

can't get enough of this song lately
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    beautiful improv song, a little new year's gift to those who like ray....enjoy :)

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=CC37880C70AE5A59
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    He's superb :D
    I need a coffee!
  • larslars Posts: 524
    only girls like ray lamountain
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • hmm... ok I know he only has two albums but which one should I get - I actually don't know any of his stuff :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    lars wrote:
    only girls like ray lamountain

*giggles at the funny boy* :)
    hmm... ok I know he only has two albums but which one should I get - I actually don't know any of his stuff :o

Get the first one - Trouble.....cause I haven't heard the new one :o
    I need a coffee!
  • floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    hmm... ok I know he only has two albums but which one should I get - I actually don't know any of his stuff :o

Both?
  • hmm... ok I know he only has two albums but which one should I get - I actually don't know any of his stuff :o

start with trouble, but you'll want the second as soon as your done.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • Irish Al wrote:

:D hahahahahahaha... good way of deciding anyway :)

Yeh ok, I'll start with trouble... and lol, I won't get both cos I've had so many supposedly brilliant bands or singers recommended here, bought ONE album and thought it was shite so, while I doubt that will be the case, I'm taking no chances :cool:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • larslars Posts: 524
    Irish Al wrote:

Only girls giggle....boys laugh.
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • dr jamdr jam Posts: 69
    Saw Ray play in Portsmouth last Saturday. He and his band were incredible, his voice live is every bit as good (if not better) than on the cd. Bit disappointed when he didn't go for it on Trouble, he held back on the "saved by a woman". Still, really surprised me how engaging his set was.

Also I personally really enjoyed the support act, check her out here http://www.leonanaess.com/
  • I had the pleasure of seeing Ray LaMontagne last night at Bristol's Colston Hall (with the lovely Leona Naess). It was an awesome gig, I knew that Ray had a fantastic voice but live it is even better than I could have imagined - the man is so loud! He's got so much power, i've never heard anyone else like it.
    He held back on the "I've been saaaaaved" line as well. Part of me wonders if he does it deliberately because it's probably the one song he's in danger of being recognised by and therefore wants to shake that tag off. There were some people who were obviously only there to hear that one song, which was a bit annoying because he's got so many great ones.
    If you get the chance, definitely go and see him live!
    My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    yeah, he is AMAZING! My band has covered a few of his songs, I'd see him ANY chance I get.. My friends all saw him a few years ago in Milwaukee, sadly I was in Atlantic City seeing Pearl Jam...
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    bump...........because after putting this CD down for a couple of months, I have been listening to Till The Sun Turns Black over the last 3-4 days, and it's just fucking incredible how powerful this guy is, his lyrics, his voice, this album, the other one. Wow.

So glad a buddy introduced me to his music.
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2