The Real Me Video is up on Vh1

12346»

Comments

• Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    incredible performance.
  • Options
    billyruffbillyruff Posts: 534
    That was a treat..They are tight with whatever they play.Live performances are a true test and they ripped it up.
  • Options
    blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    I realize that it's not my song ... but in a sense it is. I'm so glad PJ was the band to do it, and seeing them do such a great performance makes me very happy. :)
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,563
    Holy shit.

I has actually been a few years since these guys blew me away.

This was spectacular!

AND THE SOUND!! Whoever responsible, I send you 1000 thanks!! Killer job!
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062

VH1 only stream for US citizens, so thanks!

Awesome cover!!
    Was that a full beard on Stone...?
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    ballgameballgame Posts: 201
    I see the links to The Real Me. But did anyone rip the other song?
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    About time we heard Jeff!!!!!

Now PJ need to write some songs with killer bass lines that we can hear!!!

Awesome awesome performance
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    warehousewarehouse Posts: 124
    ballgame wrote:
    I see the links to The Real Me. But did anyone rip the other song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIOWGFtVGlg
    Lying sideways atop crumpled sheets and no covers he decides to dream. Dream up a new self. For himself.

Montreal 2000
    Toronto 2003
    Montreal 2003
    Halifax 2005
    Hartford 2006
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    watched this on VH1 just now for the first time ... forgive me if it's been mentioned ... but, who ever the director is should be beaten ... the quick video cuts were effin annoying as all hell ... can you please stay on one band memeber for more than 2 seconds, please? Or perhaps a full band view? Geez.

My fave two songs of Quadrophenia, and they nailed them ... it was freakin amazing to hear.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    LeilaMoonTurtleLeilaMoonTurtle Posts: 1,422
    looks very 80's

camera shots were making me laugh last night

sone dancing and ed's face huge on the screen

:)
  • Options
    Anyone have a link to the audio of Love, Reign O'er Me?
  • Options
    I got the link for The Real Me...but, didn't see if anyone had put up a link for LROM? Maybe I missed it? I'd like to have that one too, if anyone has it...Thanks in advance...

Cindy....>Still obsessing over the VH1 show...now...listening to The Real Me over and over in my car! Need LROM to sing to now... :)
    "If you hate something, don't you do it too"~Pearl Jam
  • Options
    circles downcircles down Posts: 182
    WOW, that was about as full throttle as I've ever seen them. That was some mind blowing energy. I'm glad a big audience got to see that. I'll bet there are a lot of people out there that didn't know about PJ that were surprised.

I wonder if, since they only had 2 songs, Ed felt like he could go all out on the vocals. He was nailing it.

THAT WAS AWESOME.
  • Options
    MIKE MCREADY & JEFF AMENT = AMAZING!!! gotta love Jeff's bass playing in can you see the real me and Mike's guitar smashing onto the stage!! Awesome!!!!!
    'Life comes from within your heart and desire'

~~Wembley 2000, Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007~~
  • Options
    Surf RiderSurf Rider Posts: 813
  • Options
    CupofjoeCupofjoe Posts: 557
    EV kicks ass...along with the rest of the band of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580
    Good Lord, I have seen this about ten times now on my DVR and what a song. Driven by bass and drums, and real testement to the Who! Amazing song live, you can just feel the power that PJ delivered to this performance. Totally impressed by the song, and the performance.

Did you see Stone! Throwin his hair like a rockstar! Ha!
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • Options
    ragejoeragejoe Agawam Mass Posts: 1,413
    I thought that the Love Reign performance was the best of the whole show... ANd lets be honest... Daultrey sounds like shit... and Him and PETE hate eachother... i dont know. i respect them but its kind of a joke these days with roger and pete
    1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
    2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
    2008 Tour-
    MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
    2009 Tour-
    Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
    2010 Tour-
    Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
    2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
    2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
    2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!
  • Options
    YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    ragejoe wrote:
    I thought that the Love Reign performance was the best of the whole show... ANd lets be honest... Daultrey sounds like shit... and Him and PETE hate eachother... i dont know. i respect them but its kind of a joke these days with roger and pete

I know. I got to speak to the guy who recorded their entire 2006 world tour last year and he was saying it was just ridiculous at times. Apparently they were staying in separate hotels and wouldn't cross each other's path until minutes before showtime.
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    ragejoeragejoe Agawam Mass Posts: 1,413
    Ya Roger is a joke... NYPOST said part of the problem is that Pete wants to keep writing and performaning new stuff and ROger only wants to stick with the hits...

Its a shame a band with the History of the WHO is like this now... they arent very good live anymore... they dont like eachother... it kind of cheapens that whole night last week for me honestly... but on the brightside, im not a WHO Fan... im A PEARL JAM fan and they have just been so amazing live from eddies solo tour to the bands tour to the who tribute... they are amazing...
    cant wait to get the 7 boots i ordered
    1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
    2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
    2008 Tour-
    MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
    2009 Tour-
    Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
    2010 Tour-
    Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
    2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
    2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
    2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!
  • Options
    What a incredible cover of the Real Me..Everybody was on during the performance. Just one more reason to love this band. They should have let the boys do the whole fucking thing.....
    It's funny when things change so much
    It's all state of mind

Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff

You think you hate it now, wait till you drive it...

Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.
  • Options
    What a incredible cover of the Real Me..Everybody was on during the performance. Just one more reason to love this band. They should have let the boys do the whole fucking thing.....

Ain't that the truth!
    "If you hate something, don't you do it too"~Pearl Jam
  • Options
    MakeMeCry43MakeMeCry43 Posts: 355
    JUST UNFUCKING BELIEVABLE!!! My jaw just dropped wide open when Eddie hit that "LOOOOVE", that was incredible and I'm a huge Who fan, I always thought that no one could sing it like Daltrey could, but wow, did Eddie kick it's ass or what?! And the band just sounded sooo tight! Mike's guitar is simply off the hook and I love he's energy, he was on fire that night! And The Real Me, damn awesome cover, wow....Eddie's voice is just real sharp this season....Aaaah! I can't imagine how it was like LIVE and in the flesh...must've been fucking amazing! I've those clips atleast 200 times now! It just kicks! How does PJ do this? They always know how to rip up a song, shred it to bits and kick our asses! Man, We're fucking lucky to be fans of this band!!
    "Does anyone remember laughter?"

"Where's Mike McCready? My god he's been ate!"

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman
  • Options
    ragejoe wrote:
    Ya Roger is a joke... NYPOST said part of the problem is that Pete wants to keep writing and performaning new stuff and ROger only wants to stick with the hits...

Its a shame a band with the History of the WHO is like this now... they arent very good live anymore... they dont like eachother... it kind of cheapens that whole night last week for me honestly... but on the brightside, im not a WHO Fan... im A PEARL JAM fan and they have just been so amazing live from eddies solo tour to the bands tour to the who tribute... they are amazing...
    cant wait to get the 7 boots i ordered
    oh please your gonna believe what the post spews out, haha. roger and pete have hated each other since the detours days of the band.

the bass line is cool and all in the real me. but pj should play 5:15 then we really would get to see jeff bass skills
    PLAY THE GORGE IN 08 YOU PUSSIES

On the dry and dusty road
    The nights we spent apart alone
    I need to get back home
    To cool cool rain

LONG LIVE THE WHO! BE DEAD OR ALIVE

i'll ride the wave where it take me, i'll hold the pain release meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • Options
    crashing88crashing88 Posts: 203
    Does anyone have or know where to find the version where they show ed throwing the mic into the crowd?

Thanks.