Options

The Real Me Video is up on Vh1

Comments

• Options
    Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    Holy shit that was awesome.
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    I have taken all the Pearl Jam off my ipod and haven't listened to them at all for about a month (maybe more). I was just completely burned out on them and Ed's voice especially after seeing him twice solo in April. I cannot remember a time I was that blown away by a performance by any band. I know I was, we all were at the very least when seeing Pearl Jam live for the first time. Never in a million years did I think they could blow me away like I was when I saw that. I will still hold off listening to any Pearl Jam until I receive the cd boots I ordered from the last tour, but now I am excited about getting to listen to them again! It's amazing that one performance can do that. I think I had fallen victim of seeing them too much, of knowing the songs too well to actually appreciate how good they sound and how tight they are. From the first notes of "The Real Me", before the shot was anywhere close to the stage, I thought this sounds really fucking good. It only got better from there.

I will add my vote to those who say this song should be incorporated into their live shows.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    godbout99godbout99 Posts: 10
    did anyone else notice at the end of the performance eddie takes the mic off the cord and throws it into the crowd?
  • Options
    C2V3NC2V3N Zagreb, Croatia Posts: 449
    nhborn77 wrote:
    did anyone else notice at the end of the performance eddie takes the mic off the cord and throws it into the crowd?
    hey did anyone notice that irritating sign "This music video is accessible in U.S. only", but at least commercials before & after are accessible in the whole world... f***ing VH1 and restrictions.
    one, two, three, four, five against one
    five, five, against one
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,748
    nhborn77 wrote:

i noticed. ;) from my fanview in another thread:
    PJammin' wrote:
    i took it as MTV. i was sick as a dog today but at the last minute decided to catch the show and i'm glad i did. every penny was well spent. foos opened and it only got better and better. i was really impressed with how incubus sounded on their songs. tenacious d playing squeeze box was just perfect. and as far as pearl jam...they nailed their songs. hadn't seen them since the gorge show and they left us definitely wanting more. the crowd was really loud for them. i'm sorry, but there will be no version to top the way they performed reign o'er me...especially with the stings backing them up. i feel lucky to have witnessed such a beautiful version of the song. can't be beat. they also tore up the real me with eddie tossing the mic into the crowd and walking off like a badass rockstar. :D what can i say about the who? their set rocked and they capped off a perfect night for me. it was nice seeing cosmo, coldie, logan, anne rene, sigh, pixie, sen, marcia, guy, yield, and everybody else i talked to and hadn't seen for a long time. truly a great night! don't it make me...:)

oh, and adam sandler's song before introducing the who was not only funny but spot on. can't wait to watch the show again on thursday.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    IGotShit76IGotShit76 Posts: 768
    Why can't we see The Real Me outside US ? :(

Anyway thanks for the mp3 link ... this song kicks ass !!!
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    Jeff is smokin' on that bass!!!

Most under-rated bass player out there!
  • Options
    awesome stuff can't wait to see the rest tonight
    Raleigh '03; Hartford '08; Mansfield II '08; Buffalo '10; Hartford '10;
    East Troy I '11; East Troy II '11; DeLuna Fest '12; Wrigley '13; Buffalo '13;
    Toronto II '16; Wrigley I '16; Wrigley II '16; Wrigley I '18; Wrigley II '18;
    Asbury Park '21; MSG '22; Camden '22
  • Options
    Ian_LIan_L Posts: 101
    I think a few people here need to understand that a lot of people don't feel the need to "rock out" at a show.

Sitting in my seat, quietly watching the band with a smile on my face doesn't make me any less of a PJ fan than the guy a few rows down, bashing his head against the railing, shouting "I LOVE TO FUCKIN' ROCK, I LOVE TO FUCKIN' ROCK, I LOVE TO FUCKIN' ROCK!!!".
  • Options
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
  • Options
    this is awesome. just enhances my view of jeff as an amazing bassist. he is so under rated. one of my faves anyway! and matt also awesome on this! rock oN!
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    Pearl10.BRPearl10.BR Posts: 403
    *** My real identity: ReleasemePJ ***

*** "After silence, that wich comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music" ***(Aldous Huxley)

*** http://br.youtube.com/Pearl10 ***

• Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    This is just the cherry on top of the following statement.

The last tour + this performance has proved beyond the shadow of a doubt...that this band is on top of it's game...and is the reigning KING of live performances!

No band on the planet can match their energy and tightness live....NOBODY!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    MP3 link Pretty Please?
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    ballgameballgame Posts: 201
    anyone have an mp3 or whatever of their 2nd song?

back in the day I thought WASP was the orignal person who wrote The Real Me :)
  • Options
    ballgameballgame Posts: 201
    MIKE BROKE THAT LES PAUL!! darn
  • Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    naaaaailed it.

Reign O'er Me was even better with the orchestra ... and I think we can all agree that The Real Me needs to be added to their list of tour covers.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    ballgame wrote:
    MIKE BROKE THAT LES PAUL!! darn

Is it just me or did I not see that on the VH1 link??

That was aaaaaaaaaaaawesome...wish I still lived in LA, it woulda been worth the ticket...
  • Options
    ballgame wrote:
    anyone have an mp3 or whatever of their 2nd song?

back in the day I thought WASP was the orignal person who wrote The Real Me :)

The Real Me: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I5CW04AH
  • Options
    oktacoma wrote:
    Does anyone have an mp3 of Love Reign O'er Me from Rock Honors?

Yes please. anyone?
  • Options
    XD im so happy they did this song , one of my favorites!
    Adge
    12.9.06= Rockin In The Free World
  • Options
    pjfansincetenpjfansinceten Santa Monica, CA Posts: 107
    pjalive21 wrote:
    song kicked ass...

you guys are right there was ZERO movement in that crowd, kind of makes you wonder if the real fans even got in the show

wake up and move your ass!

we fan club members were relegated to the side sections and upstairs. there were a lot of pj fans where i was. the who saved all or most of the floor seats for their fanclubs, plus there were like 5,000 dollar packages you could buy for the first 10 rows and such.
    91 - 11/22 Detroit (opening for RHCP)
    98 - 7/14 Los Angeles Forum (missed Tenacious D)
    00 - 8/24 Jones Beach, 10/24 Los Angeles Greek (can't find a Better Van!), 25 San Diego & 28 San Bernadino (Glen Helen)
    03 - 6/2 & 3 Irvine, 5 San Diego, 6 Las Vegas MGM (10th Annivesary), 7 Phoenix
    05 - 9/2 Vancouver
    06 - 7/9 & 10 Los Angeles, 12 Hollywood (Fonda Theatre, it's a Worldwide Suicide), 15 & 16 San Francisco
    08 - 7/12 The Who Tribute at UCLA's Pauley Pavilion! (Love, Reign o'er me! with orchestra)
    09 - 8/23 & 24 Chicago United Center, 9/26 Portland, 9/30, 10/1, 6 & 7 Universal City Amphiteatre, 9 San Diego (2nd row)
    10 - 5/20 & 21 MSG, 10/23 Bridge School
    12 - 6/20 & 21 Manchester, UK
    13 - 11/19 Phoenix, 21 San Diego, 23 & 24 Los Angeles, 12/6 Seattle (finally)!
    14 - 10/16 Detroit, 20 Milwaukee (YIELDED), 22 Denver
    16 - 8/20 Wrigley #1
    18 - 8/18 Wrigley #1 (40th show!), 8/20 Wrigley #2
  • Options
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    "I think I'm falling in love...with a phone!"
  • Options
    cutback wrote:

You are the man! Thanks for taking the time to do this.

It fucking rips!
    Gets up, lights a cigarette he's grown to hate
    Thinking if he can't sleep, how will he ever dream?

But his heart don't seem to roam......
  • Options
    jaboodeyjaboodey Rochester, NH Posts: 90
    The greatest band in the world! They nailed it!
    Rochester NY '94, E Rutherford NJ '98, MSG '98
    Jones Beach 2000, Mansfield 03, Camden 03, Hershey 03
    Boston VFC 04, Halifax 05
    Hartford 06, Boston 06, E Rutherford 06
    Mansfield I & II 08, Philly Spectrum -Halloween 09! Hartford '10
    Eddie -Boston 6/16/11, Worcester 2013, Amsterdam 6/16/14,
    Quebec City '16, Ottowa '16, Fenway Nights 1 & 2 2016
    London 1 2018, Fenway Nights 1 & 2 2018
    Got Id?
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!! That was INTENSE!!!!

That was BY FAR the best vocals Ed has EVER done! And I have NEVER heard Jeff and Matt shine like that before. That bassline seems tough to play, and jeff nailed it. Not to mention Matts drumming in the background. That was one of matts best drum performances. They REALLY let Matt loose for 2008. FINALLY!

hell yeah.....matt tore it up.................shit, the whole band did. that was amazing.
  • Options
    supersonicyearssupersonicyears Posts: 2,619
    Amazing !!! Intense energy. I can't imagine what it must have been like for Edidie to get to do a tribute for the band that's meant so much to him all these years.

I wish I could have been there
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,090

wow, that was awesome Thanks :)
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12