triple J hottest 100

2»

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Sheffield the home of british steel, Sean Bean, two shit football teams, and a damn good night out.

sean bean and a damn good night out. prospects are good. :D

ooh here's a question: why are they called sheffield wednesday?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    sean bean and a damn good night out. prospects are good. :D

ooh here's a question: why are they called sheffield wednesday? are they still called that?

They used to only play on Wednesdays, at one point back when they first started cant remember why excactly soething to do with where the players worked I'm probably totally wrong here.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
    They used to only play on Wednesdays, at one point back when they first started cant remember why excactly soething to do with where the players worked I'm probably totally wrong here.

oh i can see you're a fan. :p

they play at hillsborough, yeah? sad memories. :(
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    the thing with the hottest 100 is that a shitload of people who don't even listen to triple j vote, you'd be surprised how many songs get into the 100 that aren't even on triple j's playlist, like U2 with vertigo got in last year or the year before, and triple j never even play any U2.

that is why you see a lot of songs that have commercial success make the top of the list.

like even just talking to people on here about hottest 100 most have not even heard of Lupe Fiasco, Regina Spektor, Peter Bjorn & John, and Gotye which were artist that are high rotation at triple j
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
    oh i can see you're a fan. :p

they play at hillsborough, yeah? sad memories. :(

"The club was a cricket team when it formed in 1820 as The Wednesday Cricket Club. A meeting on the evening of Wednesday 4 September 1867 at the Adelphi Hotel established a footballing side to keep the team together and fit during the winter months. They played their first match against the Mechanics on 19 October the same year."

from Wikipedia
    "The club was a cricket team when it formed in 1820 as The Wednesday Cricket Club. A meeting on the evening of Wednesday 4 September 1867 at the Adelphi Hotel established a footballing side to keep the team together and fit during the winter months. They played their first match against the Mechanics on 19 October the same year."

from Wikipedia

ooh a reliable source. :p

thanks. :)

it's cool name though. i'd follow them just for that.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    ooh a reliable source. :p

thanks. :)

it's cool name though. i'd follow them just for that.

I've been to the Adelphi hotel, only it's not a hotel now it's a night club plays ravey ravey music, or it did 6 years ago anyway.
    I've been to the Adelphi hotel, only it's not a hotel now it's a night club plays ravey ravey music, or it did 6 years ago anyway.

oh you mean that crap music you have to be on E to listen to?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    oh you mean that crap music you have to be on E to listen to?

Yes. As I was at the time:rolleyes::)
    the thing with the hottest 100 is that a shitload of people who don't even listen to triple j vote, you'd be surprised how many songs get into the 100 that aren't even on triple j's playlist, like U2 with vertigo got in last year or the year before, and triple j never even play any U2.

that is why you see a lot of songs that have commercial success make the top of the list.

like even just talking to people on here about hottest 100 most have not even heard of Lupe Fiasco, Regina Spektor, Peter Bjorn & John, and Gotye which were artist that are high rotation at triple j

such as the killers. i don't know, they had me in the beginning and then i lost interest. then 6 months later my eldest comes to me all excited cause she'd discovered this new band. yep you guessed...the killers. it was funny. now she actually listens to me when i talk about music. or she just pays closer attention.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say