haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    i'm sure it happened...

...in courtneys head.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Why?
    And aren't we all in some sense?

Oh shit don’t want to go all philosophical on you.

i read a book about how he was all punk and stuff and then he complains about how he wants more money and wants to be the most famous band ever. then he says he wants to be even more punk and bnlames pearl jam for going for a big record label,

thats just the very very basic explanation
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    I BrisK I wrote:
    i read a book about how he was all punk and stuff and then he complains about how he wants more money and wants to be the most famous band ever. then he says he wants to be even more punk and bnlames pearl jam for going for a big record label,

thats just the very very basic explanation

you read it in a book? you know not everything you read is true.
    i've heard he had a problem with pearl jam but there was never any other way they were going to go, despite eddie's protestions to the contrary.
    you know as people get older they evolve in ways they never could have imagine regardless of what their mottos were when they were younger.
    personally i have found in my own life that i have travelled in a circle and am just about back to where i was in my attitudes and the way i live my life as when i was a young adult. some people don't get that chance because they decide to end it or for whatever reason choose to not live their life 'true'.
    no matter where i end up in my life one thing i can not be accused of is not being true to myself. but that's just me trying to get more out of my life than the sheep around me. i'm not going to do something if i don't want to do it. and i'm not going to smile and say i'm fine when i'm not.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    uh oh....
    ...please tell me this isnt going to turn into another pj vs nirvana battlefield...
    *ducks*
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i hope not. i think we're all mature enough to avoid that pitfall.
    afterall kurt's death has nothing to do with pearl jam. and vice versa.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    i hope not. i think we're all mature enough to avoid that pitfall.
    afterall kurt's death has nothing to do with pearl jam. and vice versa.

(nods in agreement)
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    you read it in a book? you know not everything you read is true.
    i've heard he had a problem with pearl jam but there was never any other way they were going to go, despite eddie's protestions to the contrary.
    you know as people get older they evolve in ways they never could have imagine regardless of what their mottos were when they were younger.
    personally i have found in my own life that i have travelled in a circle and am just about back to where i was in my attitudes and the way i live my life as when i was a young adult. some people don't get that chance because they decide to end it or for whatever reason choose to not live their life 'true'.
    no matter where i end up in my life one thing i can not be accused of is not being true to myself. but that's just me trying to get more out of my life than the sheep around me. i'm not going to do something if i don't want to do it. and i'm not going to smile and say i'm fine when i'm not.

he turned down headlining lolopoloza...
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    solace23solace23 Posts: 704
    This was common practice in Ireland -to take the corpse out of the coffin and dance with it. It was shown as a sign of respect and was only done when close friends/relatives were there -sort of a wake thing!!
  • Options
    Whitey_22Whitey_22 Posts: 44
    solace23 wrote:
    This was common practice in Ireland -to take the corpse out of the coffin and dance with it. It was shown as a sign of respect and was only done when close friends/relatives were there -sort of a wake thing!!

Nice bit of trivia...but Kurt Cobain didn't die in Ireland and wasn't buried there. AFAIK he wasn't of any Irish descent either.
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    uh oh....
    ...please tell me this isnt going to turn into another pj vs nirvana battlefield...
    *ducks*

It's a thread about Kurt/Nirvana on the message pit, unfortunatly the chances are high;)

It's the equivilant of running around Iraq drapped in nothing but a stars and stripes flag:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    It's a thread about Kurt/Nirvana on the message pit, unfortunatly the chances are high;)

It's the equivilant of running around Iraq drapped in nothing but a stars and stripes flag:)

yeah. i tried that once. it didnt go over too well.