Is Audioslave breaking up...?

2»

Comments

• my fingers are crossed, i hope to God they break up. if they break up, the rage guys can go do whatever they do down in socal and chris can hopefully spark a soundgarden reunion, write some solo stuff, anything but making the god awful noise known as audioslave.

seriously? are you for real? WTF!

I I I I ...uh no comprende, amigo!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • seriously? are you for real? WTF!

I I I I ...uh no comprende, amigo!

yeah dude, i am totally for real. audioslave is horrible. EVERY SINGLE SONG have the SAME EXACT PATTERN and TEMPO, they are like a watered down AC/DC. Cornell's voice is shot and Morello couldn't write a decent song if his life was on the line.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    yeah dude, i am totally for real. audioslave is horrible. EVERY SINGLE SONG have the SAME EXACT PATTERN and TEMPO, they are like a watered down AC/DC. Cornell's voice is shot and Morello couldn't write a decent song if his life was on the line.

so Cochise has the same EXACT pattern as and tempo as Like a stone, Shadow on the sun, the curse, Doesn't remind me, Be yourself, Gasoline......um fair enough if you don't like them, each to their own, but the point you make is utter bollocks, unless you don't know what the words 'tempo' and 'pattern' mean.
  • so Cochise has the same EXACT pattern as and tempo as Like a stone, Shadow on the sun, the curse, Doesn't remind me, Be yourself, Gasoline......um fair enough if you don't like them, each to their own, but the point you make is utter bollocks, unless you don't know what the words 'tempo' and 'pattern' mean.
    and Cornell has NOT lost his voice.

have you listened to them since he stopped smoking?
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Audioslave is pretty good, but it's a little bit of a guilty pleasure for me. I have both albums (the first is infinitely better than Out of Exile), and even though I don't like it that much, I always seem to go back to it. I guess that means it's pretty good?

Doesn't Remind Me is fantastic. Gasoline is great, too.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    and Cornell has NOT lost his voice.

have you listened to them since he stopped smoking?

He doesn't sound as good as he used to, but his voice is getting better.

I remember when I first popped in their debut when it came out and I heard Cochise, I thought Cornell was done for.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    my fingers are crossed, i hope to God they break up. if they break up, the rage guys can go do whatever they do down in socal and chris can hopefully spark a soundgarden reunion, write some solo stuff, anything but making the god awful noise known as audioslave.

Soundgarden will never reunite, because of the way they split.
    If you don't like Audioslave then don't listen to them although I appreciate you are allowed your opinion ;)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    he is in his 40s now and hes been screaming like a metal singer for years...his voice wasnt gonna be perfect forever, especially when substance abuse was involved

anyway, apparently theyre releasing the first single from their new album, the songs called "Original Fire", on July 17
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • LedZepFan wrote:
    he is in his 40s now and hes been screaming like a metal singer for years...his voice wasnt gonna be perfect forever, especially when substance abuse was involved

anyway, apparently theyre releasing the first single from their new album, the songs called "Original Fire", on July 17
    awesome.

"Make our day"
  • I would rather hear new Audioslave than the vast majority of rock that is out there right now. Soundgarden and Rage were great bands but they are both history. I would at least be happy with the fact that Chris and the guys are still making music.
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    LedZepFan wrote:

Thanks for that info :)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    no, they are coming out with their album in around september 2006 and their first single will finally be released on july 17th called "originial flame."
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • JamalJamal Posts: 2,115
    I would rather hear new Audioslave than the vast majority of rock that is out there right now. Soundgarden and Rage were great bands but they are both history. I would at least be happy with the fact that Chris and the guys are still making music.
    ²nd that for sure...
    There's so little good music nowadays you have to appreciate what's still left.
    I mean : Led Zeppelin ain't coming back no more either ... but at least they've left their legacy.
    The times they are 'a chaaaaangin' ... :D
    Surf little waves big... Charge big waves hard

- Antwerp '06, Nijmegen '07, Werchter '07
  • not a fan of audioslave, LOVED soundgarden. ok, this is for anyone who thinks his voice is not shot. it's audioslave covering soundgarden's loud love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuPwVEUss_c&search=audioslave%20loud%20love
    Perhaps someday I'll crawl home, beaten, defeated. But not as long as I can make stories out of my heartbreak, beauty out of sorrow.

-Sylvia Plath
  • he's gotten better since those days is what we've been saying.

still not what he used to be, but fantastic nonetheless.

"Make our day"
  • he's gotten better since those days is what we've been saying.

still not what he used to be, but fantastic nonetheless.

well, that's good to hear. cornell was one of the best singers, ever, and it was depressing to hear him as of late. even if his voice was perfect, i would not be a fan of audioslave. i don't care for the songwriting.
    Perhaps someday I'll crawl home, beaten, defeated. But not as long as I can make stories out of my heartbreak, beauty out of sorrow.

-Sylvia Plath
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    RiffJam wrote:
    I can't see them breaking up yet but am surprised they've got a new album only 1 year after "Out of Exile"...

it's because us fans did not want to wait three years for another audioslave cd to come out.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427
    abhi101cru wrote:
    I remember them saying a year or so ago that they wanted to be like The Beatles and put out a lot of music...so I don't think they're trying to satisfy their obligations.
    if they want to be like the beatles, they should start putting out good albums too
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    wow, harsh.....but as I ALWAYS say, to each their own. Music is subjective and if I LOVE it and you don't, so what? The great thing is we all have so MANY choices..........so long as we don't criticize one another for having different tastes, it's all good.
  • ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    not a fan of audioslave, LOVED soundgarden. ok, this is for anyone who thinks his voice is not shot. it's audioslave covering soundgarden's loud love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuPwVEUss_c&search=audioslave%20loud%20love

Obviously his voice isn't as good, but you're missing the big picture. His vocal on the original Loud Love is awful. In the 15 years since he (like Eddie) has acutally learned how to sing.