Is Audioslave breaking up...?

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited June 2006 in Other Music
The cancellation of all current tour dates, is odd to say the least. Cancelling one or two dates may be normal for any band, and wouldnt raise any red flags, but the cancelling of ALL tour dates is scary to say the least.

Their hasnt been any official word from the Audioslave camp on why they cancelled.

Anyone think they are breaking up?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• abhi101cruabhi101cru Posts: 223
    they were touring? hell, i've been so obsessed with pearl jam's tour that i haven't paid attention to anything else...
    Sorry is the fool who trades his soul for a corvette, thinks he'll get the girl he'll only get the mechanic...

Atlantic City: 09/30/05, 10/01/05
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    they werent currently on tour, evidently they announced several festival dates over the summer, and some european dates. And they cancelled the festival dates as well as the actual tour dates
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    This stuff happens all of the time. I doubt that they are breaking up. They seem to really enjoy working together and making obscene amounts of money. It wouldn't make much business sense to slaughter the cash cow.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    enharmonic wrote:
    This stuff happens all of the time. I doubt that they are breaking up. They seem to really enjoy working together and making obscene amounts of money. It wouldn't make much business sense to slaughter the cash cow.

And the fact they have just finished recording their new album, which should be out in a month or so.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/10146985/tom_morello_swings_his_hammer

Tom Morello interview from end of April, they dont sound like a band breaking up to me.

On a side note check out RS front page WWS is the no1 hot video there right now.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    They are making a new album, I don't think they break up.
  • They just created (& i mean in the past 3 weeks) a huge new audioslave fan club. Very similar to the 10c. Its a pretty big deal. The club is called audiophiles and if you are in you are treated like you are a totally seperate army.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • RiffJamRiffJam Posts: 143
    I can't see them breaking up yet but am surprised they've got a new album only 1 year after "Out of Exile"...
    London 28-10-96, London 29-10-96, London 20-04-06, Dublin 23-08-06, Reading 27-08-06, Marseille 09-09-06, Berlin 23-09-06, Athens 30-09-06, Madrid 09-06-07, London18-06-07, Copenhagen 26-06-07, Boston 28-06-08, London 11-08-09, Rotterdam 13-08-09, Manchester 17-08-09, London 18-08-09, Toronto 21-08-09, Philadelphia 30-10-09, Philadelphia 31-10-09, Manchester 20-06-12, Manchester 21-06-12, Stockholm 07-07-12, Leeds 08-07-14, Milton Keynes 11-07-14, Boston 05-08-16, Amsterdam 12-06-18, London 18-06-18, Krakow 03-07-18, London 18-07-18, Copenhagen 05-07-22, London 08-07-22, Seattle 28-05-24, Seattle 30-05-24
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    just read this...
    Sources at AUDIOSLAVE's record label have told Launch Radio Networks that the band made the decision to cancel their previously announced European tour after being advised that it would be better to hit the road with a new album to support.

The group's third effort, titled "Revelations", is not due out until September at the earliest, although a final release date has yet to be officially announced.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    RiffJam wrote:
    I can't see them breaking up yet but am surprised they've got a new album only 1 year after "Out of Exile"...

I get suspicious when a band puts out too many albums too quickly...it's as if they want to satisfy the contractual obligations and then go their own separate ways!
  • darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
    doubt it. all the recent iterviews with the guys have been very positive. there could be personal trouble. ie. marraige, kids etc etc.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    they just made a new album!
  • they werent currently on tour, evidently they announced several festival dates over the summer, and some european dates. And they cancelled the festival dates as well as the actual tour dates
    right.

maybe the album isn't as done as they think it is.. maybe family emergency (chris has an infant child you know..)

as far as i can tell they have the best, most friendly relationship of any band in history though, so i doubt seriously they're breaking up.

especially when they're doing so well.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • abhi101cruabhi101cru Posts: 223
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I get suspicious when a band puts out too many albums too quickly...it's as if they want to satisfy the contractual obligations and then go their own separate ways!

I remember them saying a year or so ago that they wanted to be like The Beatles and put out a lot of music...so I don't think they're trying to satisfy their obligations.
    Sorry is the fool who trades his soul for a corvette, thinks he'll get the girl he'll only get the mechanic...

Atlantic City: 09/30/05, 10/01/05
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

However if they feel they have the material to make another album then they should go for it. After all, they have so many ideas why not put them out? Can only be good for the fans, not our bank balances though ;):D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    The cancellation of all current tour dates, is odd to say the least. Cancelling one or two dates may be normal for any band, and wouldnt raise any red flags, but the cancelling of ALL tour dates is scary to say the least.

Their hasnt been any official word from the Audioslave camp on why they cancelled.

Anyone think they are breaking up?

I don't have any thoughts on that, however I have high hopes. It is about time Chris did something decent. I didn't like Euphoria morning all that much.
    And Audioslave made me sick when I saw their first clip. Or at least that one with the gay leather cap and the fireworks. Man I nearly lost all respect for Chris when I saw this AC/DC like act.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Sounds to me like somebody has a jump to conclusions mat. :p

As everyone has already said....of course they arent gonna break up!!! And they didnt cancel an "entire tour". People are making it sound so dramatic. haha. It was a few festival shows. They have a new album done and ready to go and the official Fanclub was just launched as well. Come on. No way they are breaking up! That's just crazy talk!!!

Thanks for posting that AxlUlrich. I actually heard the same thing on the radio this morning. :)

Cant wait for the new album!! Chris was quoted as saying "it's gonna kick your ass.... but it's also something you can shake your ass to as well" :p haha. He said it's an ass kicker with a lot of funk undertones. :D God I can't wait!
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • depploverdepplover Posts: 189
    no.. why would they break up??

maybe they just need more time for the cd and new songs before they perform them!

i can't wait to hear it!! and for the tour to start!! :D
    5/09/06, 5/10/06 - FUCKIN AMAZING!!!!
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Sources at AUDIOSLAVE's record label have told Launch Radio Networks that the band made the decision to cancel their previously announced European tour after being advised that it would be better to hit the road with a new album to support.

The group's third effort, titled "Revelations", is not due out until September at the earliest, although a final release date has yet to be officially announced.

How very corperate.

I remember Chris saying music had to be valid. I don't get that feeling it is very valid when I read this.

Shame, shame throw yourself away.
    Give me little bits of more than I can take.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Don't forget Chris and Tim also have young families. It can't be easy touring so much. If they tour now, they then have to tour again when the album is released. Probably thought it wasn't a good idea.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    lyd hon, wasn't that a Tom quote???? :)......nonetheless, no break up..these guys are enjoying the process together too much according to recent interviews........just no sense in touring before the album is released....(THIS TIME!!!) cos they DID start the tour last year prior to the release.......it's all business......it's unfortunate for any fans that already bought tix for those festivals JUST to see Audioslave.....

shit happens.........it'll all work out in the end.....

positive thinking Audiophile member.....
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,900
    Toshala wrote:
    lyd hon, wasn't that a Tom quote???? :)......nonetheless, no break up..these guys are enjoying the process together too much according to recent interviews........just no sense in touring before the album is released....(THIS TIME!!!) cos they DID start the tour last year prior to the release.......it's all business......it's unfortunate for any fans that already bought tix for those festivals JUST to see Audioslave.....

shit happens.........it'll all work out in the end.....

positive thinking Audiophile member.....

i was waiting for you. IT'S ABOUT FREAKIN' TIME!
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
    ~waves~

been busy......just don't want people to think bad thoughts unnecessarily.....we're ALL kinda waiting for NEWS!!!!

:)
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,900
    Toshala wrote:
    ~waves~

been busy......just don't want people to think bad thoughts unnecessarily.....we're ALL kinda waiting for NEWS!!!!

:)

busy on the Audioslave board. i get it. :D LOVE YA!
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
    so you've been PAID for daddie dearest....get your ass over there and make it home......Jon has posted OVER 500 already...............such a whore!!!

:):):)

miss ya!!!

~hug~
  • culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Someone is probably going into rehab...That or they finally realized how awful their music is and don't want to embarass themselves any further.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • rage333rage333 Posts: 157
    culot4 wrote:
    Someone is probably going into rehab...That or they finally realized how awful their music is and don't want to embarass themselves any further.

yep thats it...........haha your in the right track man, I think you know what your talking about.

I dont think they are breaking up anytime soon. They will be together for a long time and I cant wait to hear their new disk. Should be awesome..............as was their last two albums! I still like their first one the best but I like the idea of Audioslave doing a little funk. Thats cool. Tom said it was a mix of "Earth wind and Fire and Led Zeppelin". Sounds good to me.
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • ya, they def said that they are gonna try and realease an album every year.

good shit.

dont think they will top their debut though. out of exile was good with some of their best songs (be yourself, doesnt remind me, out of exile, dandelion) but overall their debut was much stronger and harder hitting. hope i can expect much the same from revelations.
    ...Pearl Jam, a group filled with pride, passion, and intricate musicianship. Their music is full of subtle textures, rich color, soul-searching power, imagery, and eerie dissonance.
  • JOHNNY VS.JOHNNY VS. Posts: 39
    Personally I love the band and Cornell. At one time I never thought I'd hear Cornell really belt it out again. They were awesome at acc last year in Toronto. Love the first Rage cd and never heard it all until Audioslave. For that alone, I'm thankful.
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    RiffJam wrote:

Yeah when I saw them last September Chris was talking about the new album and even played one of the new tracks off it. He was joking about the record label was going to be pissed.
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • my fingers are crossed, i hope to God they break up. if they break up, the rage guys can go do whatever they do down in socal and chris can hopefully spark a soundgarden reunion, write some solo stuff, anything but making the god awful noise known as audioslave.