Damien Rice member quits

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited March 2007 in Other Music
For those jammers who are also Damien Rice fans, Lisa Hannigan, the female vocalist of the band quit. Pretty sad news.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    For those jammers who are also Damien Rice fans, Lisa Hannigan, the female vocalist of the band quit. Pretty sad news.

That's truly sad, where did you see this. I was really looking forward to hearing her when they come on tour.
  • yeah it really sucks. I bought tickets for the portland show and now dont really know if its worth going. I bought tickets under the impression the whole band would be there. The main website DamienRice.com says this:
    After much thought and discussion Damien has decided that his professional relationship with Lisa Hannigan has run its creative course. As a result Lisa will not be appearing at any of the upcoming live shows. Lisa is embarking on her own artistic endeavours and there are no plans for them to work together in the foreseeable future. The current band on tour at the moment are - Damien Rice, Joel Shearer, Shane Fitzsimons, Tom Osander & Vyvienne Long.

---
    there had been rumors on the main damien forum. Some said they heard from a friend of a friend in the middle of last week that Lisa quit the band 30 minutes before a show. But the message from the website sounds like Damien kicked her out of the band.
  • Neruda25Neruda25 Posts: 266
    Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
    Very bad New!!!!!!
    22 nov. Santiago
    23 nov. Santiago
    25 nov. Buenos Aires
    26 nov. Buenos Aires

http://www.myspace.com/delonelyman
  • BlyssBlyss Posts: 166
    wow this is sad news, i thought she was what really made his live shows great, such a stunning voice. But she really was turning into a good artist in her own right so guess it makes sense.
  • AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309
    i'm bummed now. i saw them last year when they came around with Fiona Apple. her voice was haunting. truly she was amazing. do you think they will replace a female vocalist for the tour? i don't know if anyone can match her. well i already got my tix for this year so it better be good!
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    I'm really very sad to hear this. I have tickets to see Damien Rice in October when he comes back to the UK, and a big part of the reason was Lisa. She has a truly beautiful voice, and this is a great shame.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    At first I thought this was a thread about his dick going limp. But I see it's not.
  • nuffingman wrote:
    At first I thought this was a thread about his dick going limp. But I see it's not.

was that supposed to be funny?
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    was that supposed to be funny?
    Well it amused me. I've had a stressful busy day.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    one of my friends loves her so much and is going to see damien rice on friday. needless to say she is gutted... bad news indeed.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • she was one of the main reasons i've been wanting to see him live. now i don't know if i'll worry about it much more. it sucks, because i love all of her parts on the albums. hell, her vocals start the second album.
    Yeah, Lisa is just sweet. I really like the music of Damien, but 9 was the first dissapoint to me, and now it`s a second dissapoint.
    Go to hell Damo!!!!!!!!
    22 nov. Santiago
    23 nov. Santiago
    25 nov. Buenos Aires
    26 nov. Buenos Aires

• audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Neruda25 wrote:
    Yeah, Lisa is just sweet. I really like the music of Damien, but 9 was the first dissapoint to me, and now it`s a second dissapoint.
    Go to hell Damo!!!!!!!!

Easy. Damien is still a fantastic songwriter, and it isn't his fault that you don't like 9. I think it's a fantastic album, and without a doubt the loss of Lisa is sad, but it doesn't change the fact that Damien Rice is a fantastic musician and live performer.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    damn... when I saw the thread title, I thinking that as long as it wasn't Lisa, no big deal....

He has an incredible voice, and will be missed in his songs a lot... they seemed to have fit great.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    This is even more tragic then when Chuck D. kicked-out Professor Griff!
  • rockfordrockford Posts: 151
    This does suck... It's too bad she couldn't atleast finish out this tour. I was hoping to grab a single ticket from anyone with an extra at the Benaroya show....

Bummer...
    rock musik rockar röv.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    Wow...that sucks. Glad I got to see them in December.
    I will keep listening his music, but probably like a person, Damo is not the same to me.
    Anyway , who cares...
    22 nov. Santiago
    23 nov. Santiago
    25 nov. Buenos Aires
    26 nov. Buenos Aires

• Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    Dog cocking hell!!! what a bugger that is, its not even worth going manchester on friday now, but seen as it cost about 50 quid i may aswell put up with it!
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Probably jealous at all the love she gets on stage. Man, what a fucker.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • AngusAngus Posts: 376
    Dog cocking hell!!! what a bugger that is, its not even worth going manchester on friday now, but seen as it cost about 50 quid i may aswell put up with it!

Damien was fucking amazing 2 days ago in Belgium without Lisa. And when I say fucking amazing, I mean fucking amazing. No, he didn't play 9 crimes. Aaaaaw, the hit people really were disappointed yes.
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
    Angus wrote:
    Damien was fucking amazing 2 days ago in Belgium without Lisa. And when I say fucking amazing, I mean fucking amazing. No, he didn't play 9 crimes. Aaaaaw, the hit people really were disappointed yes.

the hit people??? whats that mean, is that a "im an elitist fan as i wasnt just there for the singles" comment?
    Hinny wrote:
    Probably jealous at all the love she gets on stage. Man, what a fucker.

defo! he is the grumpiest performer EVER surely???
    the hit people??? whats that mean, is that a "im an elitist fan as i wasnt just there for the singles" comment?

No, it means:
    1. All people who know both records thought it was an amazing gig
    2. All people who only knew a couple of songs and mainly 9 crimes (because it's so popular over here recently) were kinda disappointed
    Angus wrote:
    No, it means:
    1. All people who know both records thought it was an amazing gig
    2. All people who only knew a couple of songs and mainly 9 crimes (because it's so popular over here recently) were kinda disappointed

Aah righty dokey then skip, i thought as much. im sure friday will be just bloody great, luckily ive seen him with the aforementioned singer so this will be a totally different experience, am looking forward to it now after the initial disappointment ;)
    Aah righty dokey then skip, i thought as much. im sure friday will be just bloody great, luckily ive seen him with the aforementioned singer so this will be a totally different experience, am looking forward to it now after the initial disappointment ;)

Enjoy it! I thought, and many with me, that especially Cheers darling was out of this world.
    Angus wrote:
    Enjoy it! I thought, and many with me, that especially Cheers darling was out of this world.

at the end of the day no matter how great she is and how good some of the songs are she sings on, Damo is still the man who wrote em all (is he?) so life goes on and it will be ace!!!
  • DMBloverDMBlover Posts: 33
    I was hoping to catch em in concert. I guess the tour goes on without her.
    Keep the big door open and everyone will come around.
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    It could have been damien rice and alison on records
  • Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    I love Damien. She was awesome though. It won't be the same...but it certainly will still be good.