Country Music

2»

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i forgot............john prine...............:)
  • JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    Check out Eric Church, Shooter, Hank III, David Allan Coe, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Hank Jr, Chris Ledoux, and Jason Meadows
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    Artists worth checking out:

Dwight Yoakam
    Buck Owens
    George Strait (pre-90s)
    Gram Parsons
    Ryan Adams/Whisteytown
    Robert Earl Keen
    Steve Earle
    Willie & Waylon
    Don Williams
    Brooks & Dunn (early stuff)
    Hank Williams
    Billy Joe Shaver
    Old Crow Medicine Show
    Merle Haggard
    Johnny Cash
  • hailhail82hailhail82 Posts: 330
    HANK WILLIAMS
    HANK WILLIAMS
    HANK WILLIAMS

He was the real deal. No one else came close before or since. An amazing body of work in the short time he was on this earth. The Complete Hank Williams 10 disc set is essential for any country music fan.

Others to check out:
    Jay Farrar (Uncle Tupelo, Son Volt)
    Gram Parsons (Flying Burrito Bros, International Submarine Band)
    George Jones
    Willie Nelson
    Merle Haggard
    Ryan Adams (Whiskeytown)
    Neko Case
    Hank Williams III
    The Carter Family
    Jimmie Rodgers
    Neil Young (Harvest, American Stars 'n' Bars, Hawkes and Doves, Old Ways, Harvest Moon, Silver and Gold, Prairie Wind)
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    Matty Boy wrote:
    My sister bought some Gram Parsons not too long ago and from what I've heard, it's good.
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    I've always like the older outlaw country kind of stuff (Cash, Hank, Willie, etc).

Some of the new stuff isn't that bad... Shooter Jennings is good, and I even like some of the more popular stuff... The concerts are actually a really good time - Chesney, Toby Keith, etc.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    I've always like the older outlaw country kind of stuff (Cash, Hank, Willie, etc).

I used to host a radio show called The Outlaw Hours a few years back on a local radio station. The show runs on Friday and Saturday nights from 11pm-3am.

It was a lot of fun...some good music on that show: Waylon, Merle, John Prine, Steve Earle, Hank Jr., etc.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org