SMC ~ Garage A Trois- "Emphasizer"

2»

Comments

• VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Hi. I'm waaaaaaay late up in here but better late than never. :D

First off, thanks to the kind soul that sent this to me. :) SMC peeps really, really rock the house!!!!

I've listened a few times now and while I agree with Viggy that the musicianship is absolutely stellar, I also mainly agree with swede & trappedinmyradio...it just ain't my thing either. trappedinmyradio hit the nail on the head with the "listening with emotions" statement. I definitely feel that too...or don't "feel" that here I should say. I'm also just kinda weird when it comes to jazz. Certain types just feel way too sporadic and violent for my taste. I do feel distracted and overwhlemed at times by just how much is going on. haha. Really though. I must say...I DO dig a lot of slooower jazz and because of that I was able to enjoy We See (liked this one a lot actually!!) & House Of Hand Wash. I do appreciate the funk that's thrown up in here too. This certainly isn't a sound that I'm use to and I appreciate that as well, even if it ain't for me. All in all though...something is missing for me too. trappedinmyradio has seriously written the review for us both. It seems like we both want to understand it and accept it for what it is...but we're both just thrown off and don't. Whatever the case, we tried. :) I do love being exposed to ALL the music SMC has to offer and this album was no different. I also like to focus on the good and for me that was We See & House Of Hand Wash. :D Thanks burnin-candle!
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • I have listened to it for the first time today. I like it a lot. My initial reaction is I enjoyed a lot more than emphasizer. Stand out tracks for me are Merpati, The Dwarf, bear no hair and Outre Mer. All 4 musicians are redicuolousy talented. Hopefully I will be able to catch them live.
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    got this on repeat today. getting a kick out of breaking out these old selections.

though come to think of it, hope I am not confusing anybody with the current pick.

Strapping Young Lad - City.