Alice In Chains - Free Show at the Moore

Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
edited May 2006 in Other Music
From the email:

Hello Alice In Chains fans,

The band will be playing a FREE show tomorrow night at Seattle's Moore Theater.

It promises to be one of those once-in-a-lifetime shows and everyone here at AliceInChains.com is very excited about it.

To get tickets all you have to do is show up at the Moore box office. The staff there will start giving out tickets at 6:00pm PST today so try to get over there as soon as possible if you want one.

The Moore box office is located at: 1932 Second Avenue, Seattle WA. Tickets are limited to two per person. This is a general admission, all-ages show.

Also, everyone who can should stop by AliceInChains.com tonight at midnight PST.

AliceInChains.com
If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Yeah. I.........

*gathers self*

Once again, yet another time I wish to hell I lived in Seattle.

My goodness!! :eek: FREE AIC?? :eek:

**SOOOOOO JEALOUS**
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • floyd11554floyd11554 Posts: 170
    if you live in seattle, go to aliceinchains.com for a chance to win tickets to the free show tomorrow night at the moore.
    Strangers passing in the street
    By chance two separate glances meet
    And I am you and what I see is me
    And do I take you by the hand
    And lead you through the land
    And help me understand the best I can
    And no one calls us to the land
    And no one crosses there alive
    And no one speaks
    And no one tries
    And no one flies around the sun-echoes
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    good ole mad season - live at the moore
  • parkdropperparkdropper Posts: 178
    floyd11554 wrote:
    if you live in seattle, go to aliceinchains.com for a chance to win tickets to the free show tomorrow night at the moore.

i just won tickets to tonight's show..............i am so pumped to see AIC.........it''s been so long
  • idratherbeidratherbe Posts: 367
    i just won tickets to tonight's show..............i am so pumped to see AIC.........it''s been so long

ME TOO!!! I couldn't get anything arranged for the pickup last night even after many frantic phone calls to friends, so I entered to win this morning... WAHOO! Some things were just meant to be, my friend. :)

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • parkdropperparkdropper Posts: 178
    idratherbe wrote:
    ME TOO!!! I couldn't get anything arranged for the pickup last night even after many frantic phone calls to friends, so I entered to win this morning... WAHOO! Some things were just meant to be, my friend. :)

~peace~

exactly........was working in Eatonville of all places last evening and couldn't make it to the Moore and was thinking I'd miss out on a historic occasion.....but now!!!!!!!!!!!YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope you enjoy this as much as i think we will
  • idratherbeidratherbe Posts: 367
    exactly........was working in Eatonville of all places last evening and couldn't make it to the Moore and was thinking I'd miss out on a historic occasion.....but now!!!!!!!!!!!YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope you enjoy this as much as i think we will

Right on! I was in Woodinville, myself... at the time it was announced on the radio I knew there was no way I'd make it all the way down there in time.

I think we're in for a big treat. :)

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    Too bad Eddie isn't around town. I'm sure he would go if he was in Seattle.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Wow!! How cool is that?!! :eek:

Hope everyone that goes has a great time :cool: :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 467
    i am so damn jealous and you all better write back tomorrow with a report! Dmannnnnnnn that sounds cooool!
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • I'm so mad.... I'd kill to see this, I live right here...... and I didn't see the news until today.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    moemoe6434 wrote:
    i am so damn jealous and you all better write back tomorrow with a report! Dmannnnnnnn that sounds cooool!

Anyone lucky enough to attend...please post a setlist ASAP! I'm very curious as to what they will bring out for this show. Hopefully songs like Bleed the Freak, but beggers can't be choosers....
  • OfTheGirlOfTheGirl Posts: 47
    i have a speare ticket. anyone want to go?
    ~*~*~*~*~Official Kiwi Jammer No 4 (Honorary)~*~*~*~*~
  • EnigmaEnigma Posts: 59
    I wouldn't mind going!
  • OfTheGirlOfTheGirl Posts: 47
    Enigma wrote:
    I wouldn't mind going!
    PM sent :)
    ~*~*~*~*~Official Kiwi Jammer No 4 (Honorary)~*~*~*~*~
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    I hope everyone who got to go had an amazing time! I saw them last year and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Wish I could have gone tonight. Someone needs to report in after the show!

And OfTheGirl rocks for offering that extra ticket up to the board. Nice to see that kind of generosity here.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    OMG! :eek:

<~~~ listening RIGHT NOW

idratherbe, I FUCKIN LOVE YOU and...idratherbe RIGHT NEXT TO YOU. haha. But holy shit this is the next best thing.WOW! SO far I've heard...

*RAIN WHEN I DIE
    *IT AINT LIKE THAT
    *DIRT
    *JUNKHEAD

AHHHH!!!!

Jerry sounds just as gorgeous/amazing as ever. :o FUck! AND~~~> the badass mother fucker himself is there KIM THAYIL is there! \m/ I think playing with them! :eek: AHHHH!!!

OMG! *tears*

DOWN IN A HOLE now!

Lizzy, I seriously have tears in my eyes. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!!!! :):):)

((LONG LIVE AIC))

"Lo√e, you know the word

CROWD IS BEAUTIFUL! They're going nuts!

*chills*

Lucky ass bastards! haha. Shit! Jerry is saying something, getting them way riled up. OMG I WISH I WAS THERE! COME TO THE BAY AREA PLEEEEASE! :( :o:)

ROOSTER now!

"Lo√e, you know the word

Damn, now I REALLY wish I was there. Thanks for the updates!
    AHHHHH!@#%#$

:eek: WOULD? :eek:

Crowd is SOOOO loud!

"Lo√e, you know the word

• i dont know, still not the same w/out Layne, i think you can get by w other badn memebers, but when the frontmans gone, its rough, specially w how amazing layne was,
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    :eek: WHOA! Down in a HOLE?! HOLY SHIT! Lucky punks that are there :D

Damn!! I wish they can come to the Bay Area soon!! WOW!! I hope they make that a DVD b/c I want to see it! :)
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
    i dont know, still not the same w/out Layne, i think you can get by w other badn memebers, but when the frontmans gone, its rough, specially w how amazing layne was,

We all miss Layne. The band misses Layne. For most of us, we move on and get on with life. I'd rather have Layne singing than not, but since that is not an option, I'd rather have the band playing their music than not.
    Somebody please hold me!

*sings*

JEEEEEEYEEEESUS CHRIIIIIST

I wish I was there. :o

And I hear ya long road walker, it's not the same...but they're not trying to make it the same. If anything this is a tribute to the beautiful, untouchable Layne and to us fans. :) Dont make me quote the Bon Jovi....we gotta hold on to what we got.;) :p

"Lo√e, you know the word

VEDHEAD27 wrote:

Me, too! My timing was awful, and I missed an opportunity that popped up while I wasn't by the computer. But I'm very happy for the people who got to go to this special show. It should be memorable.
  • VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Somebody please hold me!

*sings*

JEEEEEEYEEEESUS CHRIIIIIST

And I hear ya long road walker, it's not the same...but they're not trying to make it the same. If anything this is a tribute to the beautiful, untouchable Layne and to us fans. :) Dont make me quote the Bon Jovi....we gotta hold on to what we got.;) :p

yeah i know, its cool , i think theres a lil resentmen in me cause i couldnt get into bowery, lol

btw its the that dude from here comes the fall singing right ???
    "no more crowbars to my head"
    btw its the that dude from here comes the fall singing right ???

Yup, William DuVall.
    Aww bummer jeffbr. Maybe there's still a chance in the future for ya though. And shit, you did mention that you got to see the Tsunami one!:eek: Daaaaaamn. Hearing about that show nearly gave me a heart attack.

hehe. No worries long road walker. I was SO close to seeing AIC it sickens me. :( They were suppose to open for Metallica but they cancelled last minute cuze Layne was having "problems". :( So close. To know that I can currently have the chance of seeing/hearing the remaining 3 warms my heart & soul and gives me hope. :) Yes, it's not Layne and yes that's a huge piece of it all and yes I love and miss him dearly...but still, to see/hear the remaining 3 reunited and paying tribute by still playing this HISTORIC music!?!?! I just can't even express how grateful I am for that.

Well I finally lost the call.

WOW! Thanks again sweet idratherbe. :o:D That meant so, soooo much!
    I'm at a loss for words (which you KNOW is odd).....

Night guys! :)

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Just got back from the AIC show, it was AWESOME, the crowd was lovin' it, the guys really seemed to be into it (especially Inez).

They played 16 songs, not sure of the entire setlist but I know they hit Junkhead, Man in the Box, Rooster (w/Ann Wilson of Heart), they closed with Angry Chair. I'll have the entire setlist within the hour...

Anyhow, it was LOUD & LOUDER awesome stuff, great to see them in their hometown in a familiar venue. The new singer was on, did a great job singing in his voice and NOT imitating Layne. As mentioned earlier Kim Thayil did 1 song with the band; Chris DiGarmo of Queensryche did 4 songs with the guys; then Duff McKeagan did 4 songs as well.

All in all a great time!
    Thanks for the report! Cool that Kim Thayil joined in! And DeGarmo and Ann Wilson. Wow. 3 of my local favorite musicians!