I feel that for as long as Meg White has been playing drums, she should be better...

2»

Comments

• ManimalManimal Posts: 152
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Personal taste I guess. I'm not saying she's drop dead gorgous, but there's something about her, and I'm sure many would agree.

Unless of course you're into prissy girls caked with make-up

True, personal taste I guess. I'm not into make-up either. But honestly when I saw the White Stripes in 2002, I thought she was mentally challenged and I thought that for the longest time.
    DVD: http://db.etree.org/Manimal
    Posters: www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=Manimal&view=4
  • idratherbeidratherbe Posts: 367
    dunkman wrote:
    who gives a fuck... the songs rock and they are awesomeness encapsulated live.

Ding ding ding! Winner! :)

The naysayers should stop drinking all that Hatorade and go see the Stripes live; THEN if you want to talk shit, do so. ;)

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • I think that as old as Jack White is his balls would have dropped by now and he wouldn't sound like a 12 year old boy singing in the tabernacle choir.
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    I think that as old as Jack White is his balls would have dropped by now and he wouldn't sound like a 12 year old boy singing in the tabernacle choir.

Uh... listen to Little Bird. He's a Tenor, not a Soprano.
  • Why don't people get that Jack doesn't want meg to be a good drummer? Yeah she isn't good. Who fuckin cares? That's not what the Stripes are about.

Fucking bingo. She brings to the band exactly what Jack wants. And Jack IS the White Stripes.
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    She's shite!
    She's a moose!
  • And Jack IS the White Stripes.

This is true.
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    Meg White does suck pretty hard at drums but it doesn't matter. If Jack wants to be surrounded by good musicians he'll go play with the Recanteurs (or however you spell that). Meg is really just in the band so it can be classified as a 'band' as opposed to a solo act.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I can't believe the defense of her in this thread. Do you guys honestly think that the White Stripes wouldn't be ANY better if they had a real drummer?
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • meg white is gorgeous
  • DOSW wrote:
    I can't believe the defense of her in this thread. Do you guys honestly think that the White Stripes wouldn't be ANY better if they had a real drummer?

I am not defending her because she doesn't need defending. It doesn't matter if people thing she sucks.....Jack doesn't think so and guess what? That's all that matters. I have read several interviews with Jack and Meg and Jack has repeatedly said that Meg's style is exactly what he wanted from the beginning. He doesn't need a "real drummer" (whatever that means) on the kit. All I am saying is the two of them must be doing something right.
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • BlyssBlyss Posts: 166
    I always thought that the drumming was meant to be kept simple like that and it fits the rhythm, i'm not a drummer so i don't know how it is technically but i've never really thought of the drumming as being out of place anyhow.
  • dg1979usdg1979us Posts: 568
    Blyss wrote:
    I always thought that the drumming was meant to be kept simple like that and it fits the rhythm, i'm not a drummer so i don't know how it is technically but i've never really thought of the drumming as being out of place anyhow.

Exactly. I have no idea if she is capable of doing more or not, but what she does seems to be exactly what is intended for that band.
  • jninejnine Posts: 43
    I think Jack put her in the band so he doesn't have to pay alimony.
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    The Black Keys drummer is a fuckin' beast behind the kit.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • poorgirl23poorgirl23 Posts: 194
    Common sense is not so common.
  • BrezBrez Posts: 570
    Why don't people get that Jack doesn't want meg to be a good drummer? Yeah she isn't good. Who fuckin cares? That's not what the Stripes are about.

Thank you...
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • samquigleysamquigley Posts: 220
    I think that for as long as I have been playing guitar, I should be a better guitarist.

I don't like the White Stripes and it's nothing to do with Meg.
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    Woo Rag and Bone new single. Pretty good live on YouTube.
  • xSmackSoundxxSmackSoundx Posts: 479
    Maybe Jack White will come up with something sweet with the Raconteurs.. Their's really great talent in that band

But Meg doesn't have to be a great drummer.. The TUNES are everything... I usually don't sit there and critique every little instrumental aspect of a song. I just listen to the style... and the beat.