23/8/06 Dublin

http://www.myspace.com/rockgoddess1318
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    1] welcome to the jungle - guns n roses
    2] aerosmith - crazy
    3] nirvana - teen spirit
    4] def leppard - let's get rocked
    5] pearl jam - alive

Let's Get Rocked?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! behave, that's shite!!

Guns n' Roses - Sweet Child O'Mine
    Thin Lizzy - Emerald
    Led Zep - Whole Lotta Love
    Temple Of The Dog - Hunger Strike
    Pearl Jam - Alive
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • willig7willig7 Posts: 11
    This is hard to narrow down, but I'd have to say (in no particular order)

1. GN'R - Estranged
    2. The Smiths - How Soon is Now
    3. NIN - Terrible Lie
    4. Floyd - Wish you were Here (I like the Catherine Wheel cover, but you have to respect the original artist).
    5. Floyd - Comfortably Numb (again I have to take the Sisters of Mercy version over the original.

One's that just missed the cut..........Pixies (where is my mind), Metallica (Fade to Black), Zep (Stairway to Heaven), PJ (Corduroy)
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    1) Nirvana - Sappy (not to be confused with Verse Chorus Verse)
    2) Metallica - Orion
    3) Alice in Chains - Rotten Apple
    4) The Smashing Pumpkins - Geek U.S.A.
    5) Primus - Tommy the Cat

It'd be unfair to include PJ in this list because I love almost everything by them over any other band so I'll do my top five PJ songs too:

1) Blood
    2) Present Tense
    3) Why Go
    4) Wash
    5) Not For You
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    - Stairway to heaven - Led Zep
    - Comfortably numb - Floyd
    - Heart of gold - Neil
    - Yellow ledbetter - PJ
    - One - Metallica
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    These are my fav at the moment, and in no particular order:

Over the Hills and Far Away- Led Zeppelin

Don't Cry- Guns N' Roses

Iron Man- Black Sabbath

Detroit Rock City- Kiss

Go- Pearl Jam
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    danny72688 wrote:
    1) Nirvana - Sappy (not to be confused with Verse Chorus Verse)

what's the difference? i always thought it was the same song, only some different lyrics maybe.
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    what's the difference? i always thought it was the same song, only some different lyrics maybe.

They are very different songs. Both very good and I don't understand how they didn't make it to official albums. Somewhere along the lines Sappy got renamed VCV for some reason, but Kurt named it Sappy on one of the Outcesticide albums. There is another completely different song entitled VCV. I strongly, strongly, strongly suggest downloading Sappy. It blew me away when I heard it like no other song. You can also find a video of it on http://www.youtube.com created by Krist and Dave. Go check it out, you won't regret it.
  • 1. Pink Floyd Shine on you crazy diamond parts 1-5 ( 13 mins of just the most sublime music, all four members on top form, Rick's openimg, David's heavenly playing and Roger's most passionate and heartbreaking lyrics)

2. One ( the bands pinnacle some of the most simple but passionate lyrics of all time delivered by a vocalist at the top of his game the rest of the band accompanying with music to match the passion in the lyrics and the vocal delivery

3. Radiohead Paranoid android ( just unlike anything since it 's release, it shouldn't work but it does 7 minutes of sublime madness thom's vocals and Johnny's mind blowing guitar, still has the power to leave you awe struck at it's epicness and impressive noise.

4. Pearl Jam Rearview Mirror ( Just amazing the emotional high point of the bands cat, from the moment I heard it just got better and better, I don't think I have to say anymore)

5. Pink Floyd Echoes ( Never as 20 or more mins of music been so perfect from opening ping to the closing moments just awe inspiring a band playing as tight as a ducks arse, This is when they worked as a unit and other than my No. 1 choice it's unrivalled in it sheer hugeness and scope
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    1. Pink Floyd Shine on you crazy diamond parts 1-5 ( 13 mins of just the most sublime music, all four members on top form, Rick's openimg, David's heavenly playing and Roger's most passionate and heartbreaking lyrics)

2. One ( the bands pinnacle some of the most simple but passionate lyrics of all time delivered by a vocalist at the top of his game the rest of the band accompanying with music to match the passion in the lyrics and the vocal delivery

3. Radiohead Paranoid android ( just unlike anything since it 's release, it shouldn't work but it does 7 minutes of sublime madness thom's vocals and Johnny's mind blowing guitar, still has the power to leave you awe struck at it's epicness and impressive noise.

4. Pearl Jam Rearview Mirror ( Just amazing the emotional high point of the bands cat, from the moment I heard it just got better and better, I don't think I have to say anymore)

5. Pink Floyd Echoes ( Never as 20 or more mins of music been so perfect from opening ping to the closing moments just awe inspiring a band playing as tight as a ducks arse, This is when they worked as a unit and other than my No. 1 choice it's unrivalled in it sheer hugeness and scope

I seen Gilmour play both of those and I got goosebumps and started shaking(shivering) it was so moving.
  • at the present time:

The Ocean : Led Zeppelin
    Handshake Drugs : Wilco
    Don't Look Back In Anger : Oasis
    Feb 14th : Drive By Truckers
    Casimir Pulaski Day : Sufjan Stevens
  • sebaarg88sebaarg88 Posts: 1,277
    1. i got shit - PJ
    2. wild horses - Rolling stones
    3. for whom the bell tolls - Metallica
    4. dead horse - Guns n' roses
    5. something to believe in - The ramones

edit: special mention: fell on black days - Soundgarden (i forgot it!!!)
    only love can break your heart
    but only love can brake your fall
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    Free alright now
    Revoltion the beatles
    Tattoo lady Rory gallagher
    Alive Pearl Jam
    Won't get fooled again The who
  • sj.brodiesj.brodie Posts: 468
    Im happy to be posting on this thread :-) Lots of soul searching, care and thought has gone into this very personal list of my current favourite songs:

The Doors - The Crystal Ship ; sublime, close your eyes, listen in a quiet room with the lights off and you'll actually believe you're in space. Who needs drugs when you've got The Doors?

Velvet Underground - I'll Be Your Mirror ; sweet song with great affectionate lyrics. An example of classic songwriting which has always been "underground" and not swamped by the classic rock tag.

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Somebody Never Comes ; classic rock n roll narration.

Pearl Jam - Present Tense ; perfect balance of everything that makes pj great. anthemic. psychodelic. rocking. intense

Neil Young - Cinnamon Girl ; In 1969 Neil Young invented grunge well ahead of his time with this masterful song.
  • Mike BradyMike Brady Posts: 19
    Mike Brady Here,

What a question....

I'd have to say

Stones-Dead Flowers
    The Black Crowes-Girl From a Pawnshop
    Blind Melon-Walk
    The Grateful Dead-He's Gone
    Little Feat-Willin'

These could change at any time, but they have stood the test of time.

Peace.
  • sebaarg88 wrote:
    1. i got shit - PJ
    2. wild horses - Rolling stones
    3. for whom the bell tolls - Metallica
    4. dead horse - Guns n' roses
    5. something to believe in - The ramones

edit: special mention: fell on black days - Soundgarden (i forgot it!!!)

ahhhh!!! I totally feel your love for Dead Horse by gnr. Suuuchhh a good song. glad someone else on here enjoy's it.
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • That is a tough question, but I'll give it a shot.

Jimi Hendrix - I Don't Live Today
    James Gang - Funk 49
    Soundgarden - Slaves & Bulldozers
    Pearl Jam - I Got ID
    Neil Young - Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black)
    The kids of today should defend themselves against the Seventies Nineties.
  • Led Zeppelin - Kashmir
    Sublime - Santeria
    Oasis - Live Forever
    Nevermore - The Heart Collector
    Rage Against The Machine - Killin in the Name Of..
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    Too hard to say for sure
    Some Thoughts:

Pavement- Stop Breathing
    ? and the Mysterians- 96 tears
    Talking Heads- Once in a Lifetime
    Modest Mouse- Talking Shit About a Pretty Sunset
    Velvet Underground- Sweet Jane
    New Order- The Perfect Kiss
    Pixies- Tame
    Ned's Atomic Dustbin- Grey Cell Green
    The Band- The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
    Pearl Jam- Sometimes
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • As of right now...

1. Pearl Jam - "Not For You"
    2. Smashing Pumpkins - "Cherub Rock"
    3. Alice in Chains - "Would?"
    4. Pink Floyd - "Brain Damage"
    5. Soundgarden - "Outshined"
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    DCGARDEN wrote:
    1. Sweet Child Of Mine - Gnr - Incredible Riff Still Sounds Fresh Today And Axl's Trademark Voice - Great Energy -period

2. Achilles Last Stand - The Mighty Zep - The Most Intense Drumming Throughout A Song That I've Ever Heard, And Mesmorizing Guitar

3. Comfortably Numb - Floyd - Powerful Shit

4. Gimme Shelter - Stones - Just A Cool Sound To It, Start To Finish, Great Beat

5. Black - Pearl Jam - Intense & Beautiful - Does'nt Get Much Better

Nice list, but I'll swap teh Stones effort for Metallica's "One"
    Music is not a competetion.
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    Alive- PJ, this song it´s so great that it´s in almost all the replies, my fav pj song....

Come as you are- Nirvana, thanx killing joke, this song catch the essence of this band...

gouge away- The pixies, really good...

Welcome to the jungle- Guns and rose´s

Master of puppets- Metallica, one of their brilliant moments besides the song one...

other songs: would, bohemian raphsody, stairway to heaven, plush, one, sweet child of mine, three libras, walk, whole lotta love, under the bridge, behind blue eyes, disarm, toxicity, break on through, etx...
  • Rock and Roll aint Noise Pollution - AC/DC
    Tangled Up In Blue - Bob Dylan
    More Than A Feeling - Boston
    Cold Chisel - Khe Sanh
    Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town - Pearl Jam
    Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution...

Hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away...
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    well, 5 is just to difficult so

do the evolution - pj
    paranoid android - radiohead
    hooker with a penis -tool
    paint it black - the rolling stones
    bron - y - aur stomp led zeppelin
    another love song - queens of the stone age
    bullet with butterfly wings - smashing pumpkins
    walk unafraid - rem
    blues from down here - tv on the radio
    fresh tendrils - soundgarden
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Man, it's gonna be tough to limit it to 5. Disclaimers:
    1. These aren't necessarily what I consider the best in terms of songwriting, performance etcetera, just my favorite.
    2. This list would probably change depending on when I was answering.

1. Hendrix - Machine Gun - the absolute pinnacle of guitar playing for me. There may be better technical performances out there, but nothing else even comes close in terms of inventiveness, intensity, and musicality.

2. Zeppelin - Heartbreaker - this song is the reason I started playing guitar. One of the best riffs ever.

3. Stones - Gimme Shelter - unbelieveable groove. I could listen to that groove for days.

4. Jane's Addiction - Three Days - so epic. Great, hypnotic bass line and mind blowing guitar work.

5. RHCP - Turn It Again - tough to choose one because I'm a big fan of Frusciante's work, but this song sums up the band's strengths for me. It starts with a cool, funky James Brown style groove, then erupts into a hendrixesque riff. The layered guitars on the outro solo are the most exciting thing I heard on any album last year.
  • version 2:

1. PJ - State of Love and Trust - this song rocks so damn hard. Great guitar, great vocals, great groove. This just has everything I want in a 3 minute rock song.

2. Neil Young - Rockin in the Free World - the best protest song ever. Raw, angry, and righteous.

3. The Who - Baba O'Reilly - the greatest 3 chord rock anthem of all time. There is no better song to just crank to eleven and let the power chords wash over you.

4. Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - this song is the definition of psychedelic for me. It really takes the listener on a journey, and also serves as a moving tribute for a lost friend.

5. Dinosaur Jr. - What Else Is New - I just love the way that intro guitar solo explodes out of the speakers, and how the song resolves into peaceful acoustic strumming at the end. Just a really well put together song.