Full Lollapalooza Lineup

BremertonBremerton Posts: 279
edited April 2008 in Other Music
http://blogs.suntimes.com/derogatis/2008/04/perry_pepe_and_the_full_lollap.html#more

Radiohead
Rage Against the Machine
Nine Inch Nails
Kanye West
Wilco
The Raconteurs
Louis XIV
Love and Rockets
Gnarls Barkley
Bloc Party
The Black Keys
Broken Social Scene
Lupe Fiasco
Flogging Molly
Mark Ronson
Cat Power
The National
G. Love & Special Sauce
Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings
Explosions in the Sky
Brand New
Gogol Bordello
Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks
Dierks Bentley
Okkervil River
Amadou & Mariam
Blues Traveler
John Butler Trio
Girl Talk
Your Vegas
CSS
Eli “Paperboy” Reed & the True Loves
Battles
Steel Train
Jamie Lidell
Bang Camaro
Butch Walker
The Blakes
Mates of State
Tally Hall
Spank Rock
White Lies
Brazilian Girls
Magic Wands
Chromeo
Electric Touch
Duffy
Innerpartysystem
The Kills
The Postelles
Rogue Wave
The Parlor Mob
The Go! Team
Bald Eagle
Mason Jennings
Krista
The Gutter Twins
Ha Ha Tonka
Yeasayer
Witchcraft
Grizzly Bear
We Go To 11
MGMT
Sofia Talvik
The Weakerthans
Booka Shade
Santogold
Black Kids
Black Lips
Dr. Dog
Nicole Atkins & the Sea
The Ting Tings
Kid Sister
Office
The Cool Kids
What Made Milwaukee Famous
Does It Offend You, Yeah?
The Whigs
Manchester Orchestra
Foals
Uffie
The Octopus Project
Cadence Weapon
Ferras
De Novo Dahl
Noah and the Whale
Margot & the Nuclear So and So’s
K’NAAN
Serena Ryder
Newton Faulkner
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    that is honestly unreal.
  • you lost me after Nine Inch Nails

really....that's the lineup? a few headliners and a bunch of nobodys? ugh.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • you lost me after Nine Inch Nails
    really? I understand a ton of them aren't big names, but you've never heard of these?:
    Wilco
    The Raconteurs
    Gnarls Barkley
    Bloc Party
    The Black Keys
    Broken Social Scene
    Flogging Molly
    Cat Power
    The National
    Explosions in the Sky
    Gogol Bordello
    Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks (frontman from Pavement)
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Exactly, there are lots of good bands, not to mention the ones I'm not familar with, or ones other like and I don't care to see.

Radiohead
    Rage Against the Machine
    Nine Inch Nails
    The Raconteurs
    Bloc Party
    The Black Keys
    The National
    Gogol Bordello
    John Butler Trio
    Girl Talk
    Battles
    Brazilian Girls
    Chromeo
    MGMT
    The Whigs
  • My god...Lollapalooza is clearly the festival of the year once again. I cannot believe they got those top 3. The rest of that lineup is VERY solid too. Louis XIV, Gnarles, Bloc, Molly, G. Love, Cool Kids....fucking killer. Hope there's no conflicts for Love and Rockets haha! Love the reunions.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Jesus
    Christ.
    That's
    unreal
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    Granted you've got the 3 main contenders... but no My Morning Jacket, Disco Biscuits, Sigur Rós, or Pearl Jam :)
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Best Line-Up of the Year.

Beats the fuck our of Bonaroo or Coachella.
  • Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    I'm not really impressed by it.

I mean Wilco, Radiohead and BSS are ok. But, I could see them individually and not have to go to Chicago.
    Cock Fight.
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    Out of that list I'd like to see:
    Radiohead
    Rage
    Kanye West
    Wilco
    The Raconteurs
    Gnarls Barkley
    Lupe Fiasco
    Flogging Molly
    Cat Power
    The National
    Gogol Bordello
    Explosions in the Sky
    The Gutter Twins

Gotta say I'm very happy I'm going to Bonnaroo over Lollapalooza. Rage is the only thing that would draw me to Lollapalooza. Everything else on that list I'm seeing at 'Roo or I'd rather see in their own show.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • I'm still in shock with this lineup; absolutely fantastic. The only thing that worries me is how the headliners will be scheduled...
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • I'm still in shock with this lineup; absolutely fantastic. The only thing that worries me is how the headliners will be scheduled...
    I would guess the headliners will conflict like this:

Friday - NIN vs Raconteurs

Saturday - RATM vs Wilco

Sunday - Radiohead vs Kanye West

Radiohead is listed first, so they will close the festival. NIN would have to be Friday because they're playing another date on Saturday. So RATM has to be Saturday.
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    Radiohead! the Black Keys! I'm there
  • sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    I think it's top heavy, there are a few bands in the lower parts of the lineup that I like (Malkmus, National, Gutter twins, Flogging Molly). But I don't know, it seems to drop off pretty quick after the headliners.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • the weakest lineup since lolla has been in chicago. that's just my opinion though.
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Best Line-Up of the Year.

Beats the fuck our of Bonaroo or Coachella.

as much as i love Pearl Jam...and i am going to 'roo...

i agree with you.

i have never seen Radiohead who long was tops on my list and to see Rage along with them will just be unreal...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
    brainofPJ wrote:
    as much as i love Pearl Jam...and i am going to 'roo...

i agree with you.

i have never seen Radiohead who long was tops on my list and to see Rage along with them will just be unreal...

The 'Roo is pretty weak in my opinion. Mainly cause besides PJ and Kanye, the headliners suck. Metallica and Jack Johnson are garbage.

But I think this line-up is better than last years'. Besides PJ, The Roots, Spoon, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Daft Punk, and Regina Spektor...there wasn't much there except a shitload of indie bands.

This is cool because at least Lolla came with the heard rock again. Plus some bands I've heard a shitload about, but never actualy seen.
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    The 'Roo is pretty weak in my opinion. Mainly cause besides PJ and Kanye, the headliners suck. Metallica and Jack Johnson are garbage.

But I think this line-up is better than last years'. Besides PJ, The Roots, Spoon, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Daft Punk, and Regina Spektor...there wasn't much there except a shitload of indie bands.

This is cool because at least Lolla came with the heard rock again. Plus some bands I've heard a shitload about, but never actualy seen.

I'd rather get kicked in the nuts for an hour than to have to sit through another Metallica concert. I've been to one-Kid Rock AND Metallica in 2000; yes I paid for tickets, and yes I thought it was cool at the time.
  • The 'Roo is pretty weak in my opinion. Mainly cause besides PJ and Kanye, the headliners suck. Metallica and Jack Johnson are garbage.

What you may like from headliners at Lolla, Roo more than makes up for it in supporting acts......don't forget living legends BB King, Willie Nelson and Robert Plant. Lollapalooza doesn't hold Roo's Jockstrap in overall lineup. Not to mention Sigur Ros, Death Cab, etc.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    What you may like from headliners at Lolla, Roo more than makes up for it in supporting acts......don't forget living legends BB King, Willie Nelson and Robert Plant. Lollapalooza doesn't hold Roo's Jockstrap in overall lineup. Not to mention Sigur Ros, Death Cab, etc.

Thats my opinion too, if you take out the top 7 or so from each fest, Roo holds up a lot better.

And at Roo you will still get longer sets from bands that aren't headliners.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Thats my opinion too, if you take out the top 7 or so from each fest, Roo holds up a lot better.

And at Roo you will still get longer sets from bands that aren't headliners.

exactly. MMJ will be playin an epic late-night set that'll be longer than some headliners at Lolla.

Don't get me wrong, I love Lolla's headliners, but when you move past that and look at supporting acts and the festival experience as a whole, I think it's a no-brainer.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
  • Sawyer wrote:
    Roo cannot compare to the atmosphere that is Grant Park in Chicago...

Says the man from Chicago............
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Oh thank Goodness!!!! NIN is there!! I just hope they're not opposite to the Raconteurs - I really want to see them too. Looks like a good lineup and I'm glad I bought tickets. Now to make the travel plans!!!!! I've never seen Rage or Radiohead, so this is going to be awesome!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • friday- radiohead
    saturday- ratm
    sunday- nine inch nails
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • lol

"MY festival is better than yours"

"No way man!!"

'roo & lolla are both great this year, you numbskulls.
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    Black Lips are a huge one for me, as are the black keys.... the big 3....wow can't beat that

i'll be seeing My Morning Jacket, Tom Petty and NIN the week before at the pemberton festival as well!!! just need to book everything now
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I read that lineup and think .........

There's a band called "We Go to 11"?

Giggles.

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...
    Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
    Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.
    Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?
    Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
    Marty DiBergi: I don't know.
    Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
    Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
    Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
    Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
    Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    exactly. MMJ will be playin an epic late-night set that'll be longer than some headliners at Lolla.

Don't get me wrong, I love Lolla's headliners, but when you move past that and look at supporting acts and the festival experience as a whole, I think it's a no-brainer.

I just looked at the Roo lineup again...I mean ALOT of it is pretty much the same minus Robert Plant, Willie, BB King, and so forth.

But instead of those, they got Rage, NIN, and Wilco.

I dunno...I think Lolla definitely is better than the Roo.

I'd shoot myself in the face if I had to put up with a Jack Johnson set.

Also, the Lolla experience is amazing. Been there 2 years in a row and never had a bad time.
  • Sawyer wrote:
    says the man who has been to both.....and I would say it is objective fact that Chicago is a gorgeous city.

no doubt, I'm just sayin I wanna camp and get the festival experience.........both concerts have their perks, and people will always like one vs. the other every year.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    Yeah, for real... for me, it's not really a festival unless you're camping out, completely tired, hot, hate drinking water, all of these negative things, but you go there for the music, and I think through all of these negative events, you look for the positive, and the positive would be music/just awesome people all around... so you're just overtaken by music and the atmosphere, which makes it completely better.

Granted I have not been to Chicago, let alone, Lollapalooza. It looks like a stellar list, but I've already seen Radiohead, however, I'd definitely love to see NIN, but other than that... I really really want to see MMJ and Siggy Rós, so yeah. But I'm not sure if I'd experience the same thing that I experience at Bonnaroo. It's kind of euphoric at times, ionno.
    If I could, think I would give in.