new counting crows album

THCTHC Posts: 525
edited June 2008 in Other Music
anyone have it? would love to get it soon and have a listen. just read an article on adam in mens health...which was amazing. he said he has had a severe dissociative mental dissorder for years...and he is only beginning to get it under control now.

anyway...the new album is supposed to be a double disc...one cd recorded in nyc...and the other in cali. two diff. sounds.

wondering if peeps have heard it yet?
“Kept in a small bowl, the goldfish will remain small. With more space, the fish can grow double, triple, or quadruple its size.”
-Big Fish
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    that single is crap. hopefully the album will be better.
    "It's all happening"
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Saturday Nights and Sunday Mornings?

Not bad at all. I was impressed.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    The album is really good, best thing they've done since Recovering The Satellites.
  • THCTHC Posts: 525
    The album is really good, best thing they've done since Recovering The Satellites.

cool...thanks for the feedback folks. i think i will pick it up soon. that and the weezer album.

peace...
    “Kept in a small bowl, the goldfish will remain small. With more space, the fish can grow double, triple, or quadruple its size.”
    -Big Fish
  • PJSerfPJSerf Posts: 637
    I really like the new album. It is not a double disc. The 1st half of the cd is heavier, and the 2nd half is slower. Kind of like partying hard on Saturday Nights, and having regrets on Sunday Mornings.

Its definitely worth a pickup, and I agree its their best since RTS.
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    the first half kicks ass! definitely sounds like satellites, which sits great with me. the second half takes a bit of warming but is really good as well, a reason to keep coming back to it. the single is my least favourite on the album.
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,057
    must say guys, dont get it at all, think the album is average at best.....some lazy music on there that is ok, but not a patch on anything they have done before.....IMHO
    pdalowsky wrote:
    must say guys, dont get it at all, think the album is average at best.....some lazy music on there that is ok, but not a patch on anything they have done before.....IMHO

Did you even hear This Desert Life?!
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,057
    Did you even hear This Desert Life?!

aye....kinda like the lullaby tune....bit different
    pdalowsky wrote:
    aye....kinda like the lullaby tune....bit different

Rest of the album was dire though. At least this one has some memorable tunes.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,826
    I was pleasantly surprised by this album. My roommate bought it, so I just put it in my iTunes for the hell of it. Very good album, especially the song "Los Angeles"
  • Rest of the album was dire though. At least this one has some memorable tunes.

This Desert Life has memorable tunes all over it. Colourblind, All My Friends, Amy Hit the Atmosphere, St. Robinson, Mrs. Potter's Lullaby... the only shit song on there is 'Hangin Around'.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    I'm a casual fan, but I like the new album as well. I agree that "Los Angeles" sticks out after not having heard the album in about a month.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    This Desert Life has memorable tunes all over it. Colourblind, All My Friends, Amy Hit the Atmosphere, St. Robinson, Mrs. Potter's Lullaby... the only shit song on there is 'Hangin Around'.
    second that. love that album
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones

I beg to differ, the only one I can honestly say I like is Colorblind.