Options

My Morning Jacket - Mahgeetah

2»

Comments

• Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    looks like i'ma hafta look into this band, could y'all let me know where to start off, or what singles to look for? thanks.
  • Options
    BabochskaBabochska Posts: 34
    Looks like these guys are in fact opening for PJ.
    Going to be one hell of a fucking show.
    I hope I hear One Big Holiday once or twice.

Holy shit that's great news were did you find this info?? :D
    ~=Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue with that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first - rock and roll or Christianity. =~
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    IM SO FN HAPPY THEY ARE OPENIN FOR PPPPPPPPJ

i cant believe it :D !
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    No dates with them opening in the Southeast though :(
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    No dates with them opening in the Southeast though :(
    Seems like a crime, agreed.

Guys, poke around http://www.archive.org for some of their live stuff. You can stream it for free or even download it for free!
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • Options
    ...Bugs...Bugs Posts: 8
    ... a bump for the opening band.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    why am i not sold on these guys as an opening act?? i check out multiple songs and all i could think of was Death Cab for Cutie with exception to a little faster paced...i love checking out new music and stuff that i havent heard of and after multiple listens im not sold, but i guess you can say its pretty consistent with who they choose as opener

i dunno i will see how they are live and make a better judgement
  • Options
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    I really hope they play "strangulation", and "just one thing" such damn good songs...

this is such a unique, full on band, (death cab, and sleater kinney were too much of that "emo" crap with virtually no talent imo) and i really cant wait to see them open for pj....
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818

thank you for that....i like the energy on stage and they sound good live
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    pjalive21 wrote:
    why am i not sold on these guys as an opening act?? i check out multiple songs and all i could think of was Death Cab for Cutie with exception to a little faster paced...i love checking out new music and stuff that i havent heard of and after multiple listens im not sold, but i guess you can say its pretty consistent with who they choose as opener

i dunno i will see how they are live and make a better judgement

Please listen to:
    One Big Holiday
    Run thru
    Dodonte

They are absolutely nothing like the shoegazers that are Death Cab For cutie.

Better yet go to the My Morning Jakcet Website. and Watch the clip of One Big Holiday from Conan.

I'm almost willing to bet that if you watch that song you will come back and say... Hey guys i was really wrong about this band.

They are one of the most exciting live bands i have ever seen. They really bring the energy like PJ did in the early 90's.

Here is the link to their site with the streaming video
    http://www.mymorningjacket.com/streams.html

Second Video down One big Holida from 03 on Conan

Anyone else who is a fan that has nto seen it should check it out too.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Yes, good call on the conan vid.

They rock it hard on that one.

Plus, I like the conan head guitar in the intro.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    Seems like a crime, agreed.

Guys, poke around http://www.archive.org for some of their live stuff. You can stream it for free or even download it for free!

all you guys that like my morning jacket... at this site there's another band from ohio that mmy really reminds me of called ekoostik hookah. id encourage you to check them out. a few recommended songs: through hiker, sister sugar, red light boogie, loner, godspeed. ive been plugging them for ages :)

also, is that conan clip in real video? ive only got an apple at home so i need something quicktime compatible.
  • Options
    all you guys that like my morning jacket... at this site there's another band from ohio that mmy really reminds me of called ekoostik hookah. id encourage you to check them out. a few recommended songs: through hiker, sister sugar, red light boogie, loner, godspeed. ive been plugging them for ages :)

also, is that conan clip in real video? ive only got an apple at home so i need something quicktime compatible.
    you can get real player for mac. that's what I used... http://www.real.com
  • Options
    pj_zombiepj_zombie Posts: 272
    Now that I know they're opening for Pearl Jam I may as well check some of their stuff out. I love One Big Holiday.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • Options
    pj_zombie wrote:
    Now that I know they're opening for Pearl Jam I may as well check some of their stuff out. I love One Big Holiday.
    yeah, go for it. that's their best song if you ask me...
  • Options

oh hell yeah. i checked it out and man is this good shit. im so stoked to see them open!

the cousin it look he's sporting is pretty funny though ;)
  • Options
    pj_zombiepj_zombie Posts: 272
    oh hell yeah. i checked it out and man is this good shit. im so stoked to see them open!

the cousin it look he's sporting is pretty funny though ;)

Haha, that's a pretty funny way of putting it. I was thinking as I was watching that, "Where's his face?" He still gets a clear sounds through all that hair though, unlike Cousin It.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • Options
    No shoes either. I don't know what's up with that, but...
  • Options
    No shoes either. I don't know what's up with that, but...

cos he's so rock'n'roll :) they sounded great, he's got an excellent voice.
  • Options
    there are a bunch of audio streams on their site as well...
    if anyone wants to get familiar
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    Z is one of the best albums of last year. Lay Low is definitely my favorite show by them.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    psycosmicpsycosmic Posts: 504
    i agree, Z is such an amazing album...

my morning jacket sounds a bit like radiohead if they were a country band floating in space...
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06
  • Options
    psycosmic wrote:
    i agree, Z is such an amazing album...

my morning jacket sounds a bit like radiohead if they were a country band floating in space...
    that's a good call. that's what jim's voice reminds me of more than anything - thom's.
  • Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    that's a good call. that's what jim's voice reminds me of more than anything - thom's.

not to be disagreeable, but radiohead and mmj do not remind me of each other in the least. both great bands,though... its funny though that mmj's popularity will skyrocket now that they are opening for pj.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    kdpjam wrote:
    not to be disagreeable, but radiohead and mmj do not remind me of each other in the least. both great bands,though... its funny though that mmj's popularity will skyrocket now that they are opening for pj.
    To each their own.
    MMJ is playing a bunch of festivals too...
    fans of other bands will see them and spread the word too...
    they'll be headlining arenas on their own someday, I'd guess.
  • Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    MMJ is the one of the best opener choices PJ has ever made. Easily the best opener since before 2000. Their choices for their tour openers have been pretty weak since I started following them.
  • Options
    BabochskaBabochska Posts: 34
    Picture Jim singing along to keep on rockin in the free world or even better Yellow Ledbetter it would probably be the peak of my music life only hearing it.

Just hoping that they will bring MMJ to the European leg of the tour too so the Europeans can see this amazing band too :)
    ~=Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue with that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first - rock and roll or Christianity. =~