July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    edwho wrote:
    Come on! Pull it out!!

Real men would :D

there are not many songs in pj's catalog on their main disc's that i dont care for but unfortunately i find this to be one of their weaker songs.

Since you like it so much though i hope they play it at the next show you are at :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • OK, I pulled it out, now what...

Wait...

Why is everyone in my office looking at me?
  • Yes! Play Evacuation!
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,589
    Real men would actually never have even considered using evacuation and throw out sad on binaural.

There is something wrong............. wrong i tell ya!
    I will swallow poison
  • Born2JamBorn2Jam Posts: 255
    OK, I pulled it out, now what...

Wait...

That made me choke on my water!!:)
    "This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
  • jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    the worst song in the pj catalog
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    edwho wrote:
    Come on! Pull it out!!

Real men would :D
    Amen! I love this song!!! great lyrics. very motivating. He sensed worry could be strength, with a plan that said time for...
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • FedericoFederico Posts: 7,916
    why waste any time in asking for this minor song when they still didnt pull out again ATY??
  • keelycankeelycan Posts: 409
    I never heard it @ a show would be cool to hear it
    I didn't mind it on Touring Band 2000 But I agree ON the record it's pretty bad but i'll take it over LAST KISS
    Soldier Field 1995~Alpine Valley June I,II 1998~ United Center 2003~Alpine Valley 2003~Madison Square Garden I,II 2003~Toledo VFC 2004~Montreal 2005~Ottowa 2005~United Center I,II 2006~Cincinnati 2006~Summerfest I,II 2006~The Vic Theatre 2007~Lollapalooza 2007~Bonnaroo 2008~United Center I,II 2009~EV Chicago I,II 2008~Austin City Limits 2009~EV Chicago I,II 2011~Alpine Valley Sep 03,04 2011~Wrigley Field 2013~Seattle 2013
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    yeah im with you. Binaural needs more love in general...
  • cbbjrcbbjr Posts: 238
    keelycan wrote:
    ...it's pretty bad but i'll take it over LAST KISS

That's great. You know you're talking about a bad song when it's compared to Last Kiss.
    98-KC; 00-Indianapolis, StL, KC; 03-KC, DC; 04-DC; 06-Camden2, DC, Pittsburgh; 08-DC; 09-Chicago1, Spectrum3; 10-DC; 13-Baltimore; 16-Chicago1; 18-Seattle2; 22-NY; 23-St Paul1&2, Chicago1; 24-Chicago2, NY1, Baltimore
  • Jesika537Jesika537 Posts: 301
    jlew24asu wrote:

That's about right... Maybe Last Kiss...
    Detroit '98 - Detroit '03 - Toledo '04 - Grand Rapids '04 - Kitchener '05 - London '05 - Grand Rapids '06 - Cleveland '06 - Detroit '06 - Chicago '07 - West Palm Beach - Tampa '08 - Toronto '09 - Indy '10 - Buffalo '10 - Toronto '11 - London '13
  • I dunno, I don't think it's a bad song. Maybe it's paced a little awkwardly, hard to find a suitable spot on a setlist.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    Maybe it’s the kid in me.

3 minute song, it won’t take up too much time in concert, those that don’t like it can pee.

I guess I just don’t understand what makes the song so sucky and disliked.

Love that different sound and drum groove. Love the EEEEEVACUUUUUUAAAATION chorus. Sounds like everyone helps sing with Ed layered.

Have a nice weekend everybody.

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Local CrewLocal Crew Posts: 745
    they're not going to play anything for awhile you PRICK.
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    jlew24asu wrote:

really? I mean, the absolute worst? I still think it has one of the best break downs in a pj song.
  • jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    really? I mean, the absolute worst? I still think it has one of the best break downs in a pj song.

I'll give it another try :) but I reallllly dont like it.
  • Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Please rename this thread to "Play NO WAY You Pricks"
  • OK, I pulled it out, now what...

Wait...

hehehe
  • FoGFoG Posts: 34
    sometimes its OK to just rock out to a song, ya know? not everthing has to be "oh the worst lyrics ever!" or "the bridge just sucks!" or "blah blah i hate this part blah blah". rock out to it! stop overthinking everything!

enjoy, don't destroy!
    Of course I value your opinion. It's what makes you wrong and me right.
  • todd1974todd1974 Posts: 69
    i second this.

one of the first songs that ed and matt wrote together?

i wrote an interpretation of this song (that i was quite proud of) for alt.music.pearljam quite some time ago....but couldn't drag it up.

one thing though...it is a hard song to sing....try to sing along to it...it's damn tough.

maybe as a 'last show on the tour' kinda thing though
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    Please rename this thread to "Play NO WAY You Pricks"
    fucken A. right after they play strangest tribe.
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    todd1974 wrote:
    i second this.

one of the first songs that ed and matt wrote together?

i wrote an interpretation of this song (that i was quite proud of) for alt.music.pearljam quite some time ago....but couldn't drag it up.

one thing though...it is a hard song to sing....try to sing along to it...it's damn tough.

maybe as a 'last show on the tour' kinda thing though

i remember ed being quoted as saying the song is very hard to sing, and im guessing thats why we dont see it often

evacuation is a great song, love the changes of tempo
  • i dont mind the song... but i mean seriosuly.. give us sme more fucking Binuaral! seriously, there are some songs on there that are excellent. i think i only need to name drop one.... OF THE GIRL.... yeah amazing!
    Pittsburgh 4/26/03, State College 5/3/03, Reading 10/1/04, Toledo 10/2/04, Toronto 9/19/05, Pittsburgh 9/28/05, Cleveland 5/20/06, Pittsburgh 6/23/06, Cincinnati 6/24/06, Washington D.C. 6/22/08, Cleveland 5/9/10, Pittsburgh 10/11/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, Los Angeles 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Missoula 8/13/18, Denver 9/22/22, St. Paul 8/31/23, St. Paul 9/2/23
  • Please rename this thread to "Play NO WAY You Pricks"
    damn straight

im going to make that thread
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Evacuation is DEEPLY underrated by people in the pit...ITS A GOOD SONG!!!
  • Most PJ fans don't like it because you can't put your lighter in the air, hug your girlfriend, and sing along at the top of your lungs to it. It has unconventional guitar riffs and breakdowns and meter changes. Most PJ fans are basically cock rockers who don't know shit about good music. Why else would Come Back be most loved song and Evacuation the most hated?
  • "Evacuation" is genius, plain and simple. Putting it on Binaural was a ballsy move, especially considering that songs like "Sad," "Education," and "Fatal" were left off. But to include something like "Evacuation" shows Pearl Jam's faith in their fans, that they're up to the challenge of embracing something a little more off-kilter than, say, "Education," which for all intents and purposes could well have been a FM rock-radio singalong staple. The lyrics in the bridges are pure poetry, and the wailing chorus is powerfully urgent and immediate. Its detractors baffle me.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    i must say i really hated this song for some time...

that was until i took the time to listen to it the whole way through

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,846
    Well, I still hardly ever listen to Evacuation, and I still list it as one of the PJ songs I hate (Help Help and Come Back being the others). but I always have to admit that when they played it at MSG in 2003...it rocked my balls off. I remember when they started playing it my buddy and I looked at each other like "of all the songs they have, do they really have to play this lame one?" but low and behold, it actually was really, really good live. still probably would skip it if I was listening to the MSG boot, but for about 4 minutes of my life, I was an Evacuation fan.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com