Options

The new Drive By Truckers record is so damn good! BUY IT!

2»

Comments

• Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Speaking of which...where the hell is Zip City exactly. I met a woman in Nashville who said she was from there.

PBM
    Zip City is due north of Florence, Alabama on Alabama Highway 17 (the northwest corner of the state)...almost to the Tennessee state line. I can't say that I have even ever been through this metropolis. :rolleyes:

Stroker Ace was actually a bad Burt Reynolds movie....I think one that he did with Loni Anderson before that relationship fell apart. If memory serves me, it was about a stock-car driver.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    In case you didn't get the email:

Hey guys, it's time to announce the winners of the Win a Date with the Drive-By Truckers contest.

Our lucky winner is...

Patricia Crim Graham of Mobile Alabama!

Congratulations Patricia, and to everyone who entered, the band would like to thank you very much.

There were also some folks who won the signed CD booklets. Say congrats to:
    Jan Willaimson
    C harles Cunningham
    Margaret Carver
    Lee Sheaffer
    John Motycka
    Travis Young
    Michael Webb
    Paul Bremner

Thanks so much to everyone for playing! I'd like to apologize if there was any confusion about the Bonus Discs, which were only given away by the Independant Music Stores that sold the album (not by DBT, and you did not get it if you ordered off the DBT site - you were entered into the contest).

See you all soon!
    -Jenn

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    glad to see so much love for DBT. They are just behind PJ as my favorite band along with Ben Harper. Have seen them live twice. Great fucking shows. If you get a chance they have a great DVD entitled Live at the 40 Watt club that I highly reccomend.
    tacos
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    iwasthere wrote:
    Live at the 40 Watt

Just bought it a few weeks ago...I've watched 3/4 of it, but there are a few songs I haven't seen yet.

Seems like every time I sit down to watch it, something comes up.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    jb13lettersjb13letters Posts: 220
    iwasthere wrote:
    glad to see so much love for DBT. They are just behind PJ as my favorite band along with Ben Harper. Have seen them live twice. Great fucking shows. If you get a chance they have a great DVD entitled Live at the 40 Watt club that I highly reccomend.

It's on my list of things to pick up. Maybe I'll start throwing hints around the house- Father's Day is approaching.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • Options
    montp wrote:
    this band from Athens, GA is so damn good. The new album is called " A Blessing and a Curse" it's $7.99 at Best Buy til next Tuesday, please give it a try and if you hate it I will refund your money for the cd.

i grabbed a show from http://www.archive.org and i gotta say i was very impressed with this band's RnR sound/groove

i think i might just have to go out and buy this new release!
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    4 more days till I see DBT and Son Volt. I just found out one of the guys from Meat Puppets was opening, so that should be really cool. And got my tickets today for The Black Crowes/RRFB/DBT show. That will be an amazing night!
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball