So uhh... you like Guns and Roses?

FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516
edited June 2008 in Other Music
This is absolutely nowhere else. Yet.

I ecstatically present, for your listening pleasure, nine new songs off the FINISHED CHINESE DEMOCRACY album.

Believe it or not ~ See for yourself:

http://www.antiquiet.com/features/2008/06/weve-got-chinese-democracy-and-its-worth-the-wait/

I'll let you decide whether or not it was worth the wait, but I'll tell you one thing: this is some unbelievable, out-there shit.

And it's fucking amazing.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Wrong forum
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • pkh43pkh43 Posts: 253
    wrong forum. . . .but to tell you the truth. . . . .it sucks. . . . .there is only one guns n roses album and that is. . . . appetite.
  • mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
    Yeah - can't say I dig it. But I am glad to see the music is finally out there.
    pkh43 wrote:
    wrong forum. . . .but to tell you the truth. . . . .it sucks. . . . .there is only one guns n roses album and that is. . . . appetite.
    lies is pretty sweet too
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    jeez..I never thought this day would come. I can't listen to it now though.

Thanks for posting that.

Appetite for Destruction is their best imo
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Isn't bad so far actually.
  • FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516
    Just listen to "New Song #3" - how is that anything less than some jaw-dropping shit?
  • voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    not bad, but it does really sound dated IMO.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    i really loved the demo version of Better so it's sweet to have the complete version

killer tune
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Firecloud wrote:
    Just listen to "New Song #3" - how is that anything less than some jaw-dropping shit?

Kudos to him for trying some new shit, which is why I think he should have just called it a solo album. By calling it G'n'R he's kind of setting himself up for heavy criticism, when in fact it is pretty decent in its own right.
  • Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    It's pretty great, but it would have been better if it was an Axl solo album.
    What the fuck is this world?
  • All I'll say is it's pretty obvious why Slash didn't feel at home with this stuff. Apart from a few choice guitar parts, he really had no place in Axl's vision of GnR, it seems.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    The big question is will it officially be released in time for everyone to get their free Dr. Pepper?
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    I think it's good - Better is catchy as fuck. But it sounds a bit weird, can't put my finger on it. Too polished?
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    i really enjoy madagascar

i like all the samples and especially hearing the "what we've got here is..." line again
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    What in fuck's name has he done! The lazy vocals on Chinese Democracy and Madagascar are ridiculous! They were two of the best leaked songs and to an extent he's ruined 'em. I expected inappropriate production, but this? tsss hope these aren't the final cuts. Same goes for Better and IRS which have been paced down and fine tuned to death.EDIT: Well, not to death, they're still bloody good.

Thanks though, the new songs are interesting......
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    I'm not into it. I love GNR, but this doesn't do it for me. Even as a solo effort, I would still be underwhelmed.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    Oh my god. This has made my fucking week.

I've been waiting for new leaks. Thank god.
    I'm amused by the mass of hatred aimed at these songs... I don't know what people expected. This shit is groundbreaking and features some of the best musicianship I've ever heard.

The site's getting pounded like a drunk cheerleader in a frathouse right now - 1500 hits in the past 30 minutes alone, but it's still up.

There's nobody anywhere else (besides the band/label,etc) that has these songs, so there's an understandable crunch happening. Be patient, we're workin' on it.
  • Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    can someone tell me how do i download it? :confused::o
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
    Firecloud wrote:
    I'm amused by the mass of hatred aimed at these songs... I don't know what people expected. This shit is groundbreaking and features some of the best musicianship I've ever heard.

The site's getting pounded like a drunk cheerleader in a frathouse right now - 1500 hits in the past 30 minutes alone, but it's still up.

There's nobody anywhere else (besides the band/label,etc) that has these songs, so there's an understandable crunch happening. Be patient, we're workin' on it.
    just because there are hits doesn't mean that people will like it...and oh yeah, Axle is still singing
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    LukinFan wrote:
    just because there are hits doesn't mean that people will like it...and oh yeah, Axle is still singing

how do i listen to/download it??????
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    how do i listen to/download it??????

The media player has been taken down at the moment, it was just a stream, no download.
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    Firecloud wrote:

It doesn't really matter how good the songs are there will be people who will automatically hate them just because they don't like Axl.
    http://rapidshare.de/files/39761104/_gnr.mp3.zip.html

If you post this elsewhere (and feel free to!) please credit Antiquiet.com for the source. Thanks!
  • New conclusion: I'd actually take Libertad over this. And Libertad didn't even have any songs on it.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    New conclusion: I'd actually take Libertad over this. And Libertad didn't even have any songs on it.

I liked Libertad, it was much better than Contraband IMO.
  • holtz wrote:
    I liked Libertad, it was much better than Contraband IMO.

Nah, in my opinion, Libertad is just a wash of mediocrity. Contraband is much the same for the first half, with a pretty strong run from Set Me Free through to Loving The Alien.
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    New conclusion: I'd actually take Libertad over this. And Libertad didn't even have any songs on it.
    You crazy! Yeah, freedom for burnt out rockers end their careers in nightmarish failure.
  • elmer wrote:
    You crazy! Yeah, freedom for burnt out rockers end their careers in nightmarish failure.

Believe me, I won't be listening to either, so it's not like VR win this round or anything. ;) And I don't think I'll ever forgive them for what they did to ELO's Can't Get It Out Of My Head. :mad: