Trent\ /\/ / \/\ Out of Ideas -- Ripping off The Pixies ...

2»

Comments

• JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    kylan11 wrote:
    All I can say is that I'm a huge NIN fan. I have more respect for Trent Reznor than I do for most people and I don't even know the guy. There is suppose to be a new album in 2007 and I can hardly wait. NIN live, that's a whole different beast. If you want to see one of the best concerts of your life, I would highly recommend it, even if you are an occassional listener.

As do I - seeing a live NIN show is what turned me from a casual fan to NIN being my 2nd favorite band after Pearl Jam.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • JaneNY wrote:
    As do I - seeing a live NIN show is what turned me from a casual fan to NIN being my 2nd favorite band after Pearl Jam.

NIN is my #2 as well. PJ will always be #1 to me. And Audioslave comes in a close 3rd :)
  • JaneNY wrote:

whats funny is that a nails show was pretty much my first rock concert ... actually i'd seen metallica in 8th grade, but nin with manson and the jim rose sideshow was my first highschool concert experience in 1994 ...

it totally turned me on to both manson and nails ...

i saw them 3 more times up to 1996, and then

once after that, my friend dragged me to a nails concert circa the fragile .... it pretty much turned me OFF to the band ... it felt boring and stale ...

but i guess that's just me.
    :(
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    once after that, my friend dragged me to a nails concert circa the fragile .... it pretty much turned me OFF to the band ... it felt boring and stale ...

I wasn't into them yet, around The Fragile tour, but wasn't he really really addicted and sick all the time during that tour and not consistently doing his best shows, so maybe that was why?

(I have And All that Could have Been and love watching it, but they would have handpicked the best performance of each song - doesn't mean each show was 100% good necessarily)
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    what would you call them then, mr fucking know-it-all...
    (edit: please say "electronica" so i can have a good laugh)

what a douche.

My point was that most of those bands, NIN (or your really clever \/\\\//-bullshit) included, would hate the label industrial.

Just because you are not into how NIN has changed does not mean they are wussified. It would be wussified if he was making softer, more poppier music to sell more albums, but if that is the music that is moving him at the time, then it is honest and not wussified. See audiodave's smart post. Pretty Hate Machine is similiar sounding to With Teeth, though I would agree with you that Pretty Hate Machine is a much better album.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."