Traveling Wilburys CDs reissued with care

Comments

• robfest2robfest2 Posts: 594
    I'm not trying to stop you. I'm just trying to open your mind to the fact that it isn't just bullshit talk and that there are real valid concerns here. Just because you deem something to be good doesn't make it necessarily so; in your mind, maybe, but the reality of things can be different at times.

Suggesting that we sell our copies just because we feel they could be better is ignorant. Constructive criticism is used to help point out problems so as to avoid them in the future. If you just happily accept everything thrown your way you end up in the dilemma that companies like Ford have going on. Their internal structure was so messed up prior to their new CEO that the engineers would just accept things as mediocre products and avoid answering to failure.

If I have a sink full of dirty dishes I'm not just going to ignore them or sell them away. That doesn't fix the problem at all, nay, I am going to work at a possible solution so I can enjoy those dishes in all their splendid glory and use them as intended.
    So your going to fix the problem by posting on the Pearl Jam Message Pit? Good luck
  • robfest2 wrote:
    So your going to fix the problem by posting on the Pearl Jam Message Pit? Good luck

Well, obviously not with you, you are a lost cause, but the more people are actually aware of this the better the chance is that something might happen.

Remember, the more you know...or some other such lame moniker.
    Well, obviously not with you, you are a lost cause
    WOW I always wanted to be a lost cause.

and by the way no one will buy your dirty dishes, you should just throw them away.
  • robfest2 wrote:
    WOW I always wanted to be a lost cause.

and by the way no one will buy your dirty dishes, you should just throw them away.

Well, looks like you succeeded at something in life!

And no, you fucking wash them. Throwing them away is just wasteful, but I'm sure you knew that as smart as you've proven yourself here today.
    Well, looks like you succeeded at something in life!

And no, you fucking wash them. Throwing them away is just wasteful, but I'm sure you knew that as smart as you've proven yourself here today.

So does having no sense of humor go along with being a music snob? And I bet you if I played the original and remastered cd's, you would have no idea which is which.
  • robfest2 wrote:
    So does having no sense of humor go along with being a music snob? And I bet you if I played the original and remastered cd's, you would have no idea which is which.

I dunno, you tell me. (I should've been more obvious with my sarcasm).

And I can assure you I would be able to tell the difference between the original and remastered CD's. It is like night and day to my ears.
    I dunno, you tell me. (I should've been more obvious with my sarcasm).

And I can assure you I would be able to tell the difference between the original and remastered CD's. It is like night and day to my ears.

I wish a had your ears. They're so good. :rolleyes:

I bet you are one of those people who says "Ten" sounds like shit.
  • robfest2 wrote:
    Sludge Factory and JWBusher, if the CDs are so bad maybe you should sell your copies. But I will enjoy mine and the BS talk about too bright and all that shit will not stop me.

Listen you dumb shit. I didn't say they were bad, nor did I say that nobody should buy or enjoy them. I said that they are not mastered as well as the old discs, so there's no need to "upgrade" to these discs unless you want the bonus tracks. Are you too stupid to understand this concept?
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    JWBusher wrote:
    Listen you dumb shit. I didn't say they were bad, nor did I say that nobody should buy or enjoy them. I said that they are not mastered as well as the old discs, so there's no need to "upgrade" to these discs unless you want the bonus tracks. Are you too stupid to understand this concept?

Hey disagree all you want but knock off the name calling. No need for that.
  • Hey disagree all you want but knock off the name calling. No need for that.

I made a simple comment about the sound quality of these remasters and I was taunted, roll-eyed, and called a "snob" by someone who doesn't even understand what the fuck I'm talking about. So you can expect that kind of reaction. Thanks for your concern though.
  • robfest2 wrote:
    I wish a had your ears. They're so good. :rolleyes:

Me too, rob, me too!

Anyway, I would like to explain myself a bit better since my last post since I obviously didn't really say much of anything. I find it funny that you think I am being the music snob here. I come in here with my viewpoint and actually post some links that explain where I am coming from so people can maybe understand my side of the things. You, on the other hand, come in here and complain that those of us stating our views should just shut up, be happy and call it a day without even really having any information that shows why your view is relevant on whether or not music is too loud these days. Now, you don't necessarily need that to have an opinion, but, to me, it seems a bit more snob-ish as you are the one who is acting like your view is the one and only almighty truth. I don't even attack you personally or even address you personally until after you claim that all I spew forth is bullshit. I mean, if I were the snob I'd say something like "No way man, no way! You haven't had REAL Mexican food until you've tried the stuff in Arizona! You just have NO idea!!"

That's not what is happening, but it sort of seems like that is the mentality you have taken on. You had your answer before you could even finish reading what I had to say. It doesn't matter what I say or how much info I have backing me up, you'll still disagree.

robfest2 wrote:
    I bet you are one of those people who says "Ten" sounds like shit.

Here is another place where you are just flat out wrong. Ten is light years ahead of all the current rock music releases (including the new Pearl Jam album) in terms of mastering and sound quality (I'm talking about the original album too, not the greatest hits version). Some may complain about the reverb, but that is just an in studio effect, I'm referring to the depth and amount of dynamic range that the album has.
    JWBusher wrote:
    WOW You need to cool down. we can disagree you know.

Here is something for you to read.

Posting Guidelines

1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the bbs environment. Please remember you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.
    2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive.
    a. We operate on the "I'm rubber, you're glue" philosophy so if you make a wonderful,
    thoughtful post with good points and call the other guy a moron while you're at it, it'll be
    removed. See #3.
    3. There are people bashing and insulting each other all over the internet. We feel it can be better here.
    It doesn't matter what I say or how much info I have backing me up, you'll still disagree.

You are right it doesn't matter what you say. I put the CDs on and I think they sound great. So we disagree. So you can post 5000 posts with links and shit, but they sound great to me. Do you see my point
  • robfest2 wrote:
    You are right it doesn't matter what you say. I put the CDs on and I think they sound great. So we disagree. So you can post 5000 posts with links and shit, but they sound great to me. Do you see my point

Yeah, I see your point. My problem is with your inability to see my point. And I realize that it doesn't matter how many links I post because if you don't even bother to educate yourself, what does it matter.

Ignorance is bliss, eh?
    Yeah, I see your point. My problem is with your inability to see my point. And I realize that it doesn't matter how many links I post because if you don't even bother to educate yourself, what does it matter.

Ignorance is bliss, eh?

#1 - I do see your point, but I disagree with it.

#2 - It's not about educate myself. It's about how I feel about the music.
  • robfest2 wrote:
    #1 - I do see your point, but I disagree with it.

#2 - It's not about educate myself. It's about how I feel about the music.

But it IS about educating yourself. If you can't really tell the difference yourself you could at least read up on it to see what it's all about. This isn't just a fabrication of some lunatic minds set on creating a conspiracy. I mean, what does it matter to you if someone wants things to change a bit if you wouldn't even be able to tell the differnce. You'd still feel the same about the music regardless because you just wouldn't know.
    But it IS about educating yourself. If you can't really tell the difference yourself you could at least read up on it to see what it's all about. This isn't just a fabrication of some lunatic minds set on creating a conspiracy. I mean, what does it matter to you if someone wants things to change a bit if you wouldn't even be able to tell the differnce. You'd still feel the same about the music regardless because you just wouldn't know.

I never said I can't tell the difference, I said the CDs sound great. I look at all the shit you posted and the CDs still sound great!!!

Maybe just maybe the CDs sound great to me and like shit to you.
  • robfest2 wrote:
    I never said I can't tell the difference, I said the CDs sound great. I look at all the shit you posted and the CDs still sound great!!!

I believe it became an implied point that you couldn't tell the difference after you accused others (being me) that you could play the two different mastered CDs and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. This suggests that you yourself can't tell the difference and that if you can't, why should others be able to. Had you been able to depict the differences I believe you would've never made such a suggestion because then you would've realized that other people might be able to as well.

Anyway, at least you looked at the stuff I posted.
    I believe it became an implied point that you couldn't tell the difference after you accused others (being me) that you could play the two different mastered CDs and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. This suggests that you yourself can't tell the difference and that if you can't, why should others be able to. Had you been able to depict the differences I believe you would've never made such a suggestion because then you would've realized that other people might be able to as well.

I was only fucking with you.:p

I hope you can find away to enjoy the CDs.:)

Fuck it put the old ones on.:D
  • robfest2 wrote:

Nobody said that they sound like shit. You need to learn how to read and comprehend.
    JWBusher wrote:
    Nobody said that they sound like shit. You need to learn how to read and comprehend.

You said it in Post #59. Here it is in case you don't remember:

JWBusher wrote:
    I don't like it when music sounds like shit, and I thought it was worth mentioning that these new remasters aren't necessary if you still have the old discs.
  • robfest2 wrote:
    You said it in Post #59. Here it is in case you don't remember:

They were two seperate thoughts, not one continuous thought. I wasn't saying that the remasters sound like shit - I was saying that I care about the audio I listen to, unlike you...

...and also...

The remasters aren't essential if you're looking for a sound improvement - they sound good but the originals are better

You're not looking for a sound improvement, so my comments didn't apply to you in the first place.

Understand?
  • augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    Congratulations for breaking my heart
    Congratulations for tearing it all apart
    Congratulations you finally did succeed
    Congratulations for leaving me in need

This morning I looked out my window and found
    A bluebird singing but there was no one around
    At night I lay alone in my bed
    With an image of you goin' around in my head

(Chorus 2)
    Congratulations for bringing me down
    Congratulations now I'm sorrow bound
    Congratulations you got a good deal
    Congratulations how good you must feel

I guess that I must have loved you more than I ever knew
    My would is empty now cause it don't have you
    And if I had just one more chance to wind your heart again
    I would do things differently but what's the use to pretend

(Chorus 3)
    Congratulations for making me wait
    Congratulations now it's too late
    Congratulations you came out on top
    Congratulations you never did know when to stop

Congratulations
    JWBusher wrote:
    They were two seperate thoughts, not one continuous thought. I wasn't saying that the remasters sound like shit - I was saying that I care about the audio I listen to, unlike you...

...and also...

The remasters aren't essential if you're looking for a sound improvement - they sound good but the originals are better

You're not looking for a sound improvement, so my comments didn't apply to you in the first place.

Understand?
    Dude, you are so full of it, it's unbelievable.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    augustwest wrote:
    Congratulations for breaking my heart
    Congratulations for tearing it all apart
    Congratulations you finally did succeed
    Congratulations for leaving me in need

This morning I looked out my window and found
    A bluebird singing but there was no one around
    At night I lay alone in my bed
    With an image of you goin' around in my head

(Chorus 2)
    Congratulations for bringing me down
    Congratulations now I'm sorrow bound
    Congratulations you got a good deal
    Congratulations how good you must feel

I guess that I must have loved you more than I ever knew
    My would is empty now cause it don't have you
    And if I had just one more chance to wind your heart again
    I would do things differently but what's the use to pretend

(Chorus 3)
    Congratulations for making me wait
    Congratulations now it's too late
    Congratulations you came out on top
    Congratulations you never did know when to stop

Congratulations
    I LOVE this song!!!!
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Alright, I just ordered this through rhino.com for $29.98 plus shipping. It has the DVD and a 16 page booklet. I am stoked.....can't wait to get it.
  • robfest2 wrote:
    Dude, you are so full of it, it's unbelievable.

You're a fucking moron.
    JWBusher wrote:
    You're a fucking moron.
    How so, you contradicted yourself and I called you on it. So all you can do is call me names. Good job.
  • Hey....I need some Wilbury's help because embarassingly enough, my knowledge of them is limited.

I was super excited when I saw this post thinking that the song I have always wanted on an album was finally available for purchase. But when I looked at the tracklisting, I can't find it. And even worse, when I do a search for it, it's not listed on any album. So maybe I don't have the title right. I'm sure all Wilbury fans will know it. I thought it was called "Everybody's Got Somebody" which is one of my all-time favorite songs, but it doesn't appear to be on volume 1 or volume 3.

Here's the site I was looking on. http://www.wilburys.info/disc.html#albums
    Maybe it's there and I just don't see it. Does anyone else?

In my opinion, it's one of the best songs out there. I absolutely love it.

Can anybody help me?
  • VrJxSVrJxS Posts: 115
    Hey....I need some Wilbury's help because embarassingly enough, my knowledge of them is limited.

I was super excited when I saw this post thinking that the song I have always wanted on an album was finally available for purchase. But when I looked at the tracklisting, I can't find it. And even worse, when I do a search for it, it's not listed on any album. So maybe I don't have the title right. I'm sure all Wilbury fans will know it. I thought it was called "Everybody's Got Somebody" which is one of my all-time favorite songs, but it doesn't appear to be on volume 1 or volume 3.

Here's the site I was looking on. http://www.wilburys.info/disc.html#albums
    Maybe it's there and I just don't see it. Does anyone else?

In my opinion, it's one of the best songs out there. I absolutely love it.

Can anybody help me?

The name of that song is Handle with Care. Track 1 on Volume 1.

Roy Orbison is amazing on that song.