Ben Harper in Seattle 11/14 & 11/15

aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
edited November 2007 in Other Music
Who else is going? I am getting tickets for the 11/15 show. This will be my first Ben Harper show and am real excited. I have always heard spectacular things about his live shows.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Who else is going? I am getting tickets for the 11/15 show. This will be my first Ben Harper show and am real excited. I have always heard spectacular things about his live shows.

i am going 9/22 in PA...small classy place... my first ben harper show as well. it should be great.

apparentyl for this tour he is going old school ben harper with a lot of acoustic and steel guitar sitting down. now that will be nice
  • FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    aNiMaL wrote:
    me and my girl were looking at tickets for this show last night. didn't pull the trigger, even though we both said we wouldn't mind seeing them......

we're also debating on Built to Spill at the Showbox in October.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    my2hands wrote:
    i am going 9/22 in PA...small classy place... my first ben harper show as well. it should be great.

apparentyl for this tour he is going old school ben harper with a lot of acoustic and steel guitar sitting down. now that will be nice
    Sweet! You'll have to give a review of the 9/22 show for me.
    I am not saying this will happen - and this is not the reason I am going at all - but how cool would it be if Ed showed up on stage with Ben Harper at one of the Seattle shows. If that happens - I hope it's at the show i will be at.
  • FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I am not saying this will happen - and this is not the reason I am going at all - but how cool would it be if Ed showed up on stage with Ben Harper at one of the Seattle shows. If that happens - I hope it's at the show i will be at.
    I just may have to pull the trigger now...........damn you!
    F'n_Circus wrote:
    I just may have to pull the trigger now...........damn you!
    Hahahaha. The presale password is: stg
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Sweet! You'll have to give a review of the 9/22 show for me.

no problem
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    aNiMaL wrote:

whats up buddy? hey i saw my first ever ben harper show at lollapalooza and i was HIGHLY impressed. Ive only always heard slower songs by him so i never really got into his stuff. im more for rockin out than slow jamz. I tell ya, his show ROCKED so hard. I will definitely see him in concert as many times as he's out here in cali. You're gonna love the show. And that bass player of his is COMEDY!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • toronado10toronado10 Posts: 239
    I'm heading to the November 10 show in Oakland. Apparently, this tour will be a more mellow sit down slow song type concert. can't wait. got the tickets this morning, first row of the balcony.
    Take time to see the sky,
    Find shapes in the clouds.
    Hear the murmur of the wind
    and touch the cool water.
    Walk softly,
    we are intruders,
    tolerated briefly
    In an infinite universe.
    SENROCK! wrote:
    whats up buddy? hey i saw my first ever ben harper show at lollapalooza and i was HIGHLY impressed. Ive only always heard slower songs by him so i never really got into his stuff. im more for rockin out than slow jamz. I tell ya, his show ROCKED so hard. I will definitely see him in concert as many times as he's out here in cali. You're gonna love the show. And that bass player of his is COMEDY!!!
    Hey there SEN!!! That is good to hear!!! Now I am very excited about this show!! Thanks for the info. :D
    Bump - Who else is going?
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Bump - Who else is going?
    I thought more Pacific Northwesterners would be all over this.
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,334
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Animal, I'm thinking maybe Ed will open these shows. If you look at Ben's tour dates Seattle is the only town with two shows. What do you think? Either way the shows should be great. I've seen him 3 times including 05 at the Moore, him and his band are terrific.
    EDIT!!!! I just checked Ben's tour dates and there are a couple other cities getting two shows.
  • i'm going....maybe ed will open with a solo set
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I thought more Pacific Northwesterners would be all over this.

I've got my tickets for the 14th! Should be fun!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    mr bungle wrote:
    Animal, I'm thinking maybe Ed will open these shows. If you look at Ben's tour dates Seattle is the only town with two shows. What do you think? Either way the shows should be great. I've seen him 3 times including 05 at the Moore, him and his band are terrific.
    EDIT!!!! I just checked Ben's tour dates and there are a couple other cities getting two shows.
    That'd be really sweet if Ed came out to do some of his new solo stuff. Or even just join Ben on stage for a song or two in Ben's encore or something.

But I am not counting on any of that.

I am just hoping for a really great Ben Harper show!!!!
    jeffbr wrote:
    I've got my tickets for the 14th! Should be fun!
    Cool! My neighbors are going to that show too. I'll be there the next night.

Make sure to post your thoughts on the 14th show and I'll do the same for the 15th show.
  • F'n Circus pulled the trigger and he's taking me to Ben Harper. Surprised me with tickets for my B-day!
    "Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."

10/21/06 & 10/22/06 (Bridge Shows)
  • I'm going to both Seattle shows, and the Oakland show, Ben always delivers in concert.
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
    I'm going to both Seattle shows, and the Oakland show, Ben always delivers in concert.
    Sweet! That just gets me even more stoked for the show.
  • hes in vancouver at that time. and they are really emphasizing that its an acoustic show. so not sure if he'd be wailing away ,and making your ears bleed(thats a good thing) .seen him a few times,when he starts doing improv
    off "faded" or .....its amazing. so not sure if these are quiet shows or?
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
    I am listening to "Fight for Your Mind" for the first time....really listening to it.

Burn it Down and Excuse Me Mister are fantastic!!!!
  • I really got into Ben Harper this summer. It took a long time for his music to grow on me. I'm really bummed I'm missing the Vancouver show. I was in Europe when the concert was announced and tickets went on sale so I missed the boat. Does anyone know if there are typically tickets released on the day of the show?
    sourdough wrote:
    I really got into Ben Harper this summer. It took a long time for his music to grow on me. I'm really bummed I'm missing the Vancouver show. I was in Europe when the concert was announced and tickets went on sale so I missed the boat. Does anyone know if there are typically tickets released on the day of the show?
    That's a great question - I don't know.
    Anyone catch Ben Harper on Conan O'Brien last week or Letterman last night? Just fucking awesome!!! He played "In The Colors" on Conan and "Fool For A Lonesome Train" on Letterman!!!!

I cannot wait 'til November!!!
    Bump!!!!

We're getting close to this show and I can't wait!!!
  • Got my tickets for the 15th, the only show I have heard from this tour was amazing(the Philly Webcast), I will trade Burn One Down for an accapella version of Where Could I Go, anyday!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVR84GXb-UM
    Got my tickets for the 15th, the only show I have heard from this tour was amazing(the Philly Webcast), I will trade Burn One Down for an accapella version of Where Could I Go, anyday!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVR84GXb-UM
    Thanks for that link!!! See you on the 15th!!!
    10 & 11 days until the Ben Harper train rolls through Seattle!!!!!

I am so stoked for my first Ben Harper show.
  • Should be amazing, yet very low key and mellow...no rockers on the recent setlists. But, like others have said, Ben always delivers! He has been doing stuff off the album he did with the Blind Boys of Alabama. Brilliant stuff!

Peace,
    Matt
    I will not lose my Faith, it's an Inside job today....