Courtney Love talking more BS

darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
edited October 2007 in Other Music
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a76899/love-cobain-loathed-grohl.html

Love: Cobain 'loathed' Grohl
Wednesday, October 3 2007, 09:41 BST

By Dave West

Courtney Love says Kurt Cobain "loathed" Nirvana drummer Dave Grohl.

The singer, Cobain's former partner, was responding to claims that a lyric by Grohl's current band Foo Fighters is about her destructive effect on Cobain.

'Let It Die' includes the lines: "A simple man and his blushing bride/Intravenous, intertwined... You're so considerate/Did you ever think of me?"

Love, writing on her MySpace site, said: "As for that drummer, well he's hit on me so many times. He's just a very, very conflicted guy about me, which is why he continually writes songs about me to hear he 'hates' me more than 'anyone else'.

"Kurt loathed him more than anyone else (except a journalist). In his will he made a codicil that Grohl was no longer a member of Nirvana. I just ignored the guy and will continue to."

She continued: "Dave knows this, and he takes it out on me! Hey, it wasn't my band and it wasn't my idea! It's funny he 'hates' me since I don't think about him."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• How do you know it's BS? Could be true.....
  • She does sound like a catty schoolgirl, whether it's true or not. She certainly doesn't do herself any favours with outbursts like that. And since her late husband is no longer here to settle the matter, it's all hot air anyway.
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    ah, Courtney, up to her old tricks again ;) She's just walking talking obnoxious entertainment, and one slight part of me likes her for that. btw, have there ever been any other women in rock history who have been as outspoken and had this kind of attitude?? hmm.....i think not.
  • That's a silicone brain, for you.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    darkcrow wrote:
    "Kurt loathed him more than anyone else (except a journalist). In his will he made a codicil that Grohl was no longer a member of Nirvana. I just ignored the guy and will continue to."

so court... if you're ignoring him darling, why are you even bothering to address any concerns or non concerns about mr grohl at this juncture?

darkcrow wrote:
    She continued: "Dave knows this, and he takes it out on me! Hey, it wasn't my band and it wasn't my idea! It's funny he 'hates' me since I don't think about him."

well honey looks to me you DO think about him. hence this latest diatribe.

you know i try to give courtney the benefit of the doubt and i will continue to do so. she has some issues and i wish we didn't have to hear about them every time she thinks she needs the attention. hasn't she got a daughter to raise right? she needs to find some peace within herself and i hope she finds it. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    courtney love... isn't that an oxymoron?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    That's a silicone brain, for you.

no fins.. she's smart. unfortunately she's a tad fucked up as well.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    I guess once the material she used from Kurt dried up and her career ended. She realised that Grohl can actually write music and have his own fan base that she needs to be a suck about it to try and stay in the light.
    You've changed your place in this world!
    hasn't she got a daughter to raise right? she needs to find some peace within herself and i hope she finds it. :)

i hope so too :)
  • darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
    How do you know it's BS? Could be true.....
    i would base this on the hundreds of interviews dave has done, and when asked about kurt he is visibally distraught and quite mournful of his friend. he is a lot of things but i do not think he that great an actor.
    darkcrow wrote:
    i would base this on the hundreds of interviews dave has done, and when asked about kurt he is visibally distraught and quite mournful of his friend. he is a lot of things but i do not think he that great an actor.

i dunno. have you seen him in the low film clip? that is positively shakespearean that acting. ;):D:p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    darkcrow wrote:

yet she is instantly aware of every lyric he writes that might in some way discuss her...

it's funny how the only time she gets any press is when the foo fighters release a new album and she complains about dave knocking her. god knows her own music has never gotten her anywhere.
  • her own music?

i think you'll find billy corgn wrote 'celebrity skin' and its more than likely kurt had a lot of input for 'live through this'

hmmm, her 2 most successful records, with the least input from her.

i really wish she'd keep it zipped. its just embarrassing now.
  • so court... if you're ignoring him darling, why are you even bothering to address any concerns or non concerns about mr grohl at this juncture?

you know i try to give courtney the benefit of the doubt and i will continue to do so. she has some issues and i wish we didn't have to hear about them every time she thinks she needs the attention. hasn't she got a daughter to raise right? she needs to find some peace within herself and i hope she finds it. :)

E-X-A-C-T-L-Y
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • no fins.. she's smart. unfortunately she's a tad fucked up as well.

Marie Curie was smart. Florence Nightingale was smart. Emma Goldman was smart. Anna Akhmatova was smart. Even Skippy the Kangaroo was smart. But I wouldn't put Courtney Love in the same category. :D
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    even flow? wrote:
    I guess once the material she used from Kurt dried up and her career ended. She realised that Grohl can actually write music and have his own fan base that she needs to be a suck about it to try and stay in the light.

I think that pretty much sums it up right there. Her solo album bombed, and we see her in a small part in a movie maybe every couple of years. Anything else is just her talking about fellow celeberties or about the book she or her mom is writing (can't remember if it's courtney or her mom??). I did like Hole quite a bit, but they are broken up now.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • her own music?

i think you'll find billy corgn wrote 'celebrity skin' and its more than likely kurt had a lot of input for 'live through this'

hmmm, her 2 most successful records, with the least input from her.

i really wish she'd keep it zipped. its just embarrassing now.

She writes her own lyrics and that's all that counts, lyrically she is pretty incredible. And in that respect it's no different to Elton John having his lyrics written for him, people still respect him as an artist. Oh and Corgan is credited for co-writing 5 of the twelve songs on the record - you know there were other talented musicians in the band right? Melissa Auf Der Maur and Eric Erlandson are both decent writers.

As far as Live Through This, what songs would you say sounded Nirvana or Kurt-ish? Lyrically there's no doubting Love wrote it, it's so autobiographical it would be plain weird coming from a guy.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    so court... if you're ignoring him darling, why are you even bothering to address any concerns or non concerns about mr grohl at this juncture?

i agree cate but i'm running out of benefits of the doubt with her.....;).....and the last i heard, frances is with kurt's mom.....
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    careful, the last time we had a Courtney Love discussion the members of her church flocked to this post to come to her defense like flies on shit.
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    darkcrow wrote:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a76899/love-cobain-loathed-grohl.html

Love: Cobain 'loathed' Grohl
    Wednesday, October 3 2007, 09:41 BST

By Dave West

Courtney Love says Kurt Cobain "loathed" Nirvana drummer Dave Grohl.

The singer, Cobain's former partner, was responding to claims that a lyric by Grohl's current band Foo Fighters is about her destructive effect on Cobain.

'Let It Die' includes the lines: "A simple man and his blushing bride/Intravenous, intertwined... You're so considerate/Did you ever think of me?"

Love, writing on her MySpace site, said: "As for that drummer, well he's hit on me so many times. He's just a very, very conflicted guy about me, which is why he continually writes songs about me to hear he 'hates' me more than 'anyone else'.

what a fucking filthy bitch. i hope she dies.
    Marie Curie was smart. Florence Nightingale was smart. Emma Goldman was smart. Anna Akhmatova was smart. Even Skippy the Kangaroo was smart. But I wouldn't put Courtney Love in the same category. :D

i wasn't putting her in the same category fins. but i know the woman isn't stupid. sure she does some insane things but that doesn't diminish her intelligence, just her common sense.
    i am a fan of courtney love and what happens outside the music has no bearing on how i listen to the songs. i think people underestimate her ability simply because of her relationship with kurt and because she can come across as abrasive.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Courtney Love is a washed up Star Fucker Cartoon. The only thing remotely smart about her is that she can smell talent and suck it from whomever it may be.
  • it's a crazy , it's a bitch...
    "You're the eve of my destruction in the garden of fears"
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    Listen she is a dumb bitch.... and i dont care if Kurt hated him or not. Dave is far more talented then Kurt ever was........ and im a Nirvana fan... but i can admit that the foos are better then Nirvana
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • Courtney is annoying and all but Dave annoys me even more. The dude has such an inferiority complex and to a dead guy no less! Personally, I can't stand the foo fighters, in my opinion they are boring post-grunge at it's worse. I mean, fine go on with your whole rock band thing but get over Nirvana already. Kurt killed himself and is dead, stop whining about how you wanna be more famous than him.
  • Some serious shit went down between Grohl and Kurt...he wasn't there at Kurt's final intervention or do any rehab visits, etc. However, Dave seems to exhibit only sorrow for him in a recent European interview and resentment towards Courtney. No one is talking, but she might have somehow been responsible for driving the final wedge between Kurt and Dave. Speculation is a bitch.
  • It was 13 years ago, I mean is Courtney jealous because Dave actually moved on from Nirvana and formed a band that is hugely successful
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
    People, people when you say Courtney Love is a bitch, please give some solid evidence as to why. Otherwise your opinion is subjective, and it is not based on true facts ;)
  • Them-Bones wrote:
    It was 13 years ago, I mean is Courtney jealous because Dave actually moved on from Nirvana and formed a band that is hugely successful

Well if Dave had really moved on he would stop writing songs about Courtney. I do dislike the way Kurt is portrayed is a little abused saint, when he was nothing of the sort. I like Nirvana as much as the next person, and of course Kurt might look like a saint compared with the train-wreck that is Courtney Love, but that doesn't mean he was perfect, hell Courtney was the one who called the police when Kurt was locking himself in bathrooms with guns. That must have been real fun for her to live with.

As much as I love the Foos, Dave really does need to let it go, Stacked Actors, The Last Song and now Let It Die - Courtney really does have a point.
    Well if Dave had really moved on he would stop writing songs about Courtney. I do dislike the way Kurt is portrayed is a little abused saint, when he was nothing of the sort. I like Nirvana as much as the next person, and of course Kurt might look like a saint compared with the train-wreck that is Courtney Love, but that doesn't mean he was perfect, hell Courtney was the one who called the police when Kurt was locking himself in bathrooms with guns. That must have been real fun for her to live with.

As much as I love the Foos, Dave really does need to let it go, Stacked Actors, The Last Song and now Let It Die - Courtney really does have a point.

alright. how do you know those songs are written about Courtney? how does anyone know..... did Dave said to everyone that these songs where about her?