Options

fuck brendan and audioslave are at it again!

2»

Comments

• Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Audioslave just sounds weird to me...doesn't fit...the token squeeky guitar riffs with Chris's vocals, not something i'd ever buy or go see in concert...just my opinion
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    The world needs more Zeppelin-Earth, Wind & Fire fusion...
    Can't wait to hear it.
  • Options
    pj_zombiepj_zombie Posts: 272
    lastexit78 wrote:
    Every band you mentioned is no longer active. I'm talking about bands from PJ's era that are still active. Bands that are bigger than PJ and get more attention. Name one band that falls into that catagory and still gets consistent respect on this board. It's possible that some do suck. But for almost every band that was popular in the early 90's and still is to get ripped on this board makes me wonder. I think there's a large number of PJ fans who are jelous because PJ has faded into obscurity over they years. While other bands (Green Day, U2, RHCP, DMB, Foo Fighters) are still as popular as ever. But it's not cool to be popular. If Green Day has too many teenage fans then American Idiot sucks. Despte the fact that most PJ fans actually loved it initially and voted it their favorite album of 2004. If Bono is trying to help Africa he must be doing it for the attention. If the RHCP don't bring back the funk then they must be sellouts. It never ends.

I didn't realize you were talking only of active bands. All the same, I see that type of though process you give examples of an every music board, not just PJ. I've seen a great amout of Green Day haters on the Foos board among others. Every message board will have it's group of fans that hate the popular scene as well as those that hate the indie scene, or the underground scene and U2/Bono scene. I just don't see anything unique about this one.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • Options
    AlessianaAlessiana Posts: 329
    lastexit78 wrote:
    That being said, there's a huge amount of fans here that love most everything that came from the early 90's and went up against PJ. That would include the Screaming Trees, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, etc. I don't know that I can say I've seen a group like the one you speak of.

Every band you mentioned is no longer active. I'm talking about bands from PJ's era that are still active. Bands that are bigger than PJ and get more attention. Name one band that falls into that catagory and still gets consistent respect on this board. It's possible that some do suck. But for almost every band that was popular in the early 90's and still is to get ripped on this board makes me wonder. I think there's a large number of PJ fans who are jelous because PJ has faded into obscurity over they years. While other bands (Green Day, U2, RHCP, DMB, Foo Fighters) are still as popular as ever. But it's not cool to be popular. If Green Day has too many teenage fans then American Idiot sucks. Despte the fact that most PJ fans actually loved it initially and voted it their favorite album of 2004. If Bono is trying to help Africa he must be doing it for the attention. If the RHCP don't bring back the funk then they must be sellouts. It never ends.
    [/quote]

huh

my feelings for music aren't affected by.,.. any of this.

Green Day had a good album, but not U2. Elevation was the best song and that was it, whereas Green Day's album improved with repeat listens. U2 I had to put away.

I loved the second foos disk but not so much the first. I may have needed to give it more time. I was listening to Dredg and Porcupine Tree's extensive back catalog for some time, and exploring new bands (new to me - trail of the dead, broken social scene etc) so I may not have given the foos first disk a good chance.

As for audioslave... i've really tried. I tried. i did but it doesn't work for me. Queens of the stone age is another band i've really really really worked hard at liking and it just didn't work for me.

SOAD rocked this year. I wish they'd put both albums out together because it would have been like a sledgehammer into music. They're brilliant.

So I don't get your post.

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • Options
    DieasGreyDieasGrey Posts: 124
    darkcrow wrote:
    huh what??? no idea what you meant there
    Out of Exile is trash thats what i means
    No one is Righteous.......
  • Options
    1. Out of Exile sucked, try saying that on audioslave.com and see what happens. :-\

2. Chris Cornell's solo album isn't as great as the cornellie's would like you to believe, most of it is recycled beatles riffs.

3. Euphoria Morning was released in 1999.
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    1. Out of Exile sucked, try saying that on audioslave.com and see what happens. :-\

2. Chris Cornell's solo album isn't as great as the cornellie's would like you to believe, most of it is recycled beatles riffs.

Funny cause I can't stand the Beatles, yet I think Euphoria Morning is an excellent album, Cornell's vocals are outstanding on it. And no Out of Exile didn't suck, songs like #1 Zero, Yesterday to Tomorrow, Man or Animal, Drown me Slowly, Heaven's Dead and the title track were excellent.
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    And no Out of Exile didn't suck,

missed april fool's by a few days.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569

2. Chris Cornell's solo album isn't as great as the cornellie's believe

1. Comes down to personal taste and opinion, I enjoyed it.

2. What the fuck is a Cornellie? and again personal taste personally i fucking love it.

3. Ditto
    Funny cause I can't stand the Beatles

A band I have never got in too neither, maybe it's the way that The Beatles are force fed to you here in england, but something put me off them.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    1. Comes down to personal taste and opinion, I enjoyed it.

2. What the fuck is a Cornellie? and again personal taste personally i fucking love it.

3. Ditto

A band I have never got in too neither, maybe it's the way that The Beatles are force fed to you here in england, but something put me off them.

You are dead right about the Beatles thing. Over here it is like you have to like the Beatles, because they are supposedly our best band. I hate the fact that so many people think that this band from 40 years ago couldn't possibly be improved upon.

To be honest, I'd question how much any of the people who don't like Audioslave, really liked their previous bands to begin with. I could understand it from the point of view of someone who was a RATM fan and not a Soundgarden/Cornell fan. But as a fan of Cornell, there is plenty of stuff on both albums that is as good as anything he's done.
  • Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    lastexit78 wrote:
    It's funny how much hate Audioslave gets on this board. Not by everyone but there's this select group of PJ fans. They bash any artist from PJ's era that is currently more succesful than PJ. By succesful I mean, either sells more records, plays biggger venues or gets more media attention and praise. Bands like U2, Audioslave, Foo Fighters, and the RHCP fall into this catagory. Sure these bands might not be at their peak. But they're still all very good and way better than most crap out there today. Would you rather these bands retire so Nicklback, Scott Stapp and Good Charlotte can take their places? Why all the bitterness towards them? It has to be jelousy. Does it really bother you people that much that other bands are bigger than PJ? Who cares if Audioslave sells 3 times as well as PJ? As for Audioslave I think they're good. I tend to get tired of them quickly but that doesn't mean they suck. If you don't like a song like Heavens Dead then I really wonder about your taste in music.

I like about half of Audioslaves stuff. Not a favorite, but I can listen to them

U2 and RHCP are MTV bands. Someone argued the other day that RHCP were not.

I think there was a pretty drastic change in styles from their earlier stuff to what they do now. They arent makin the music they wanna make, they are makin the music MTV and Clear Channel wanna make.

Put up the "travellin new musical territory" argument all you want, but the Peppers havent since they got their first taste of mainstream success. I would say its about time.

Foo Fighters are just a pop rock band. They take their music seriously and write pretty good songs. I dont think they are trying to be more important than they are.

U2 is prolly the only band up there that makes more $ touring than PJ, and that can be partly attributed higher ticket prices.

Honestly, I dont see rock and roll selling big time numbers any more. It doesnt. I bet you could count on your fingers and toes the number of straightforward rock bands that put out a platinum album in the last year.
  • Options
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    U2 is prolly the only band up there that makes more $ touring than PJ, and that can be partly attributed higher ticket prices..

The Stones? Paul Mccartney?
  • Options
    rage333rage333 Posts: 157
    I loved RATM so much. I still do. And I absolutly love Audioslave. I saw them live in San Francisco and they BLEW ME AWAY. I loved Out Of Exile and I loved the first one. I am really into Soundgarden too. I cant wait for the new Audioslave album. For those of you who dont like Audioslave then just go back to your precious Fall out Boy or YellowCard.......haha.......Dare I say Alter Bridge? accept it: Audioslave kick ass.
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    I'm glad that these guys have found their audience. I guess I'd rather them make music than not make music. I still have my SG, RATM, and CC to vibe on, so I don't have to like Audioslave...and I don't :)

I hear the argument that "well, they might not be as good as SG or RATM, but they're better than the crap that is out there today" I used to be in this camp, but then I thought about it. That's like saying that a guy on crutches is better than a guy in a wheelchair. That's not such a good thing IMO.

There's much...MUCH better music happening than Audioslave, but for a lot of people, Audioslave is enough...and to that I say, good on ya. :)
  • Options
    rage333 wrote:
    For those of you who dont like Audioslave then just go back to your precious Fall out Boy or YellowCard.......haha.......Dare I say Alter Bridge?

HAHAHA! I'll fall back to my other bands that are better than Audioslave, thank you very much. You are very narrow minded musically, it appears.
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    Echoes wrote:
    HAHAHA! I'll fall back to my other bands that are better than Audioslave, thank you very much. You are very narrow minded musically, it appears.

Bro, no need to incite the hate. I've seen your list of musical interests. Let these cats have their Audioslave. All that means is that you and I can get better tickets to the shows of bands that we like :D.

that's the thing that burns my ass more than anything...when I dig a band that blows way up, and I have to do battle with casual fans for my tix :)
  • Options
    enharmonic wrote:
    Bro, no need to incite the hate. I've seen your list of musical interests. Let these cats have their Audioslave. All that means is that you and I can get better tickets to the shows of bands that we like :D.

that's the thing that burns my ass more than anything...when I dig a band that blows way up, and I have to do battle with casual fans for my tix :)

I'm just saying, if the only alternatives to Audioslave are Yellowcard and Fallout Boy, you have a very narrow spectrum of music.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Chris Cornell's solo album isn't as great as the cornellie's would like you to believe, most of it is recycled beatles riffs.

not surprising really, if that is the case. chris cornell is beatles fan afterall.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say