Options

fuck brendan and audioslave are at it again!

darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
edited April 2006 in Other Music
http://www.nme.com/news/audioslave/22682
would someone give this producer some recognition!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Man I ain't recognizing anyone who keeps these guys releasing music
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    Echoes wrote:
    Man I ain't recognizing anyone who keeps these guys releasing music

huh what??? no idea what you meant there
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Cool to know I enjoyed Out Of Exile*ducks for cover* Dandelion was one of my favourite songs released last year, so they're not a patch on Soundgarden, they're better than most of the shit around at the moment though.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    Cool to know I enjoyed Out Of Exile*ducks for cover* Dandelion was one of my favourite songs released last year, so they're not a patch on Soundgarden, they're better than most of the shit around at the moment though.

their second album ws so much better than the first. im liking whwat im hearing about the 3rd :D this is the sorta band that gets better and better with every release
  • Options
    boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    Out of Exile was a huge improvement over their first album. Dandelion and Heaven's Dead are nice songs.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • Options
    WOOOO! I love audioslave, i cant decide between their first two albums I love them both. Any Chris Cornell project is bound to be good although Soundgarden is still the greatest.

:):):)
  • Options
    darkcrow wrote:
    huh what??? no idea what you meant there

To sum:

Audioslave blows and I wish they would stop making music. Or start making good music. I know these guys can, but it has been almost a decade since I've heard anything decent from Cornell and a while since Zach's backing band has been in on anything good.

I miss the old morello
  • Options
    How can u say audioslave is bad, it may not be as good as soundgarden and most say not as good as rage (although im not a huge fan) but when u comapre it to most of the shit that is around at the moment then its pretty decent.
  • Options
    How can u say audioslave is bad, it may not be as good as soundgarden and most say not as good as rage (although im not a huge fan) but when u comapre it to most of the shit that is around at the moment then its pretty decent.

Compared to what is being played on the radio you might barely have a sliver of an argument. Seeing as I haven't listened to the radio in a couple years, that part of the musical spectrum is pretty much dead to me. I'm not a huge Soundgarden fan either, but they blew Audioslave away. I was a HUGE RATM fan so I was really hyped when this project came about, but I have been pretty much disappointed by shitty lyrics, tired, listless music, and really really underwhelming guitar work by tom morello.

As compared to other music that is out today? Audioslave still blows. I could probably name 50 albums I genuinely liked more than Audioslave last year. If you want I can post up a list and if you want I can tell you about some of the bands and hopefully see where I'm coming from. The only CDs it topped that I heard was the awful Daft Punk and horrendous Weezer.
  • Options
    Echoes wrote:
    To sum:

Audioslave blows and I wish they would stop making music. Or start making good music. I know these guys can, but it has been almost a decade since I've heard anything decent from Cornell and a while since Zach's backing band has been in on anything good.

I miss the old morello

did you not get cornells solo album? it was fucking immense!!! its a must have!
  • Options
    I was going to say about Cornell's solo album too but when he said "almost a decade" i assumed he meant since his solo album which came out in 1997. Well at least i hope thats what he meant.....
  • Options
    Most of the people I know who are big soundgarden fans seem to like audioslave more than those who are big rage fans. I think a bit of it is because the rage fans are wanting audioslave to be more rage-like but they are more soundgarden like cause of cornell.
  • Options
    I didn't listen to the whole thing since I really wasn't that big of a fan of Soundgarden in the first place, but if it is anything like that "Can't Change Me" song then I frankly don't want anything to do with it. The song he did on the MI2 soundtrack is the only other one I heard and i was pretty forgettable too.
  • Options
    each to their own
  • Options
    Exactly. No hard feelings, just weighing in
  • Options
    lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 615
    It's funny how much hate Audioslave gets on this board. Not by everyone but there's this select group of PJ fans. They bash any artist from PJ's era that is currently more succesful than PJ. By succesful I mean, either sells more records, plays biggger venues or gets more media attention and praise. Bands like U2, Audioslave, Foo Fighters, and the RHCP fall into this catagory. Sure these bands might not be at their peak. But they're still all very good and way better than most crap out there today. Would you rather these bands retire so Nicklback, Scott Stapp and Good Charlotte can take their places? Why all the bitterness towards them? It has to be jelousy. Does it really bother you people that much that other bands are bigger than PJ? Who cares if Audioslave sells 3 times as well as PJ? As for Audioslave I think they're good. I tend to get tired of them quickly but that doesn't mean they suck. If you don't like a song like Heavens Dead then I really wonder about your taste in music.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    Wonder all you want. The Foo Fighters are boring, I never did like The Chili Peppers (okay except for Soul To Squeeze and My Friends - those songs were KILLER), and U2 has fallen off a cliff of mediocrity. For the record, I think Pearl Jam's last two albums were terrible (although the songs sound alright live I guess, and Binaural was only half bad). I don't think I'ver heard a Pearl Jam song that wasn't at a concert in about a year. I'm dead serious. My hopes for the new album are pretty low in the first place.

So trust me, it isn't jealousy. I genuinely think that all of those bands you mentioned are currently bad. They had some ups in the past (well, except Audioslave), but I don't care for them now. Do I really care what bad bands succeed these bad bands in the clear channel radio playlists? It can be SImple Plan or Avril Lavigne or Fall Out Boy or Green Day for all the radio I listen to.
  • Options
    Echoes wrote:
    Wonder all you want. The Foo Fighters are boring, I never did like The Chili Peppers (okay except for Soul To Squeeze and My Friends - those songs were KILLER), and U2 has fallen off a cliff of mediocrity. For the record, I think Pearl Jam's last two albums were terrible (although the songs sound alright live I guess, and Binaural was only half bad). I don't think I'ver heard a Pearl Jam song that wasn't at a concert in about a year. I'm dead serious. My hopes for the new album are pretty low in the first place.

So trust me, it isn't jealousy. I genuinely think that all of those bands you mentioned are currently bad. They had some ups in the past (well, except Audioslave), but I don't care for them now. Do I really care what bad bands succeed these bad bands in the clear channel radio playlists? It can be SImple Plan or Avril Lavigne or Fall Out Boy or Green Day for all the radio I listen to.

I can respect your point of view because you actually judge bands based on whether or not you like them. Not if they're bigger than PJ like some fans on this board. I'm talking about the fan who lists his 5 favorite bands and it's PJ and four indie bands. It's like these people have completely forgotten that PJ was once the biggest mainstream rock act in the world. Yet if PJ was to go platinum with this record these same people would be throwing parties.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    Yeah, if there are people like that, they are hella lame. People really need to look beyond the realm of Pearl Jam (and maybe even rock, too)
  • Options
    boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    Echoes wrote:
    I didn't listen to the whole thing since I really wasn't that big of a fan of Soundgarden in the first place, but if it is anything like that "Can't Change Me" song then I frankly don't want anything to do with it. The song he did on the MI2 soundtrack is the only other one I heard and i was pretty forgettable too.

Echoes, I would seriously recommend listening to "Preaching the End of the World" and "When I'm Down" from Euphoria Morning. Two of the more brilliant songs Cornell has written. You ask a lot of people on here to open their minds to some different music, which I think is fantastic. I downloaded the Destroyer album to give it a listen because of your praise of it. So do me a favor and take a listen to those two Cornell songs, and do so with an open mind. Believe me, I know the Cornell/Audioslave threads get old and can make it tough. It's a shame that most of the posters who brought diversity to the board have left. Talk Show Host annoyed the fuck out of me at times, but at least he came at music from a different angle.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • Options
    boroff89 wrote:
    I downloaded the Destroyer album to give it a listen because of your praise of it. So do me a favor and take a listen to those two Cornell songs, and do so with an open mind.

Done and done. Your argument convinced me to download it like no other. I'm downloading it right now, but it'll have to wait until this black metal album I'm listeneing to right now is done with. What did you think of the Destroyer?
  • Options
    pj_zombiepj_zombie Posts: 272
    lastexit78 wrote:
    It's funny how much hate Audioslave gets on this board. Not by everyone but there's this select group of PJ fans. They bash any artist from PJ's era that is currently more succesful than PJ. By succesful I mean, either sells more records, plays biggger venues or gets more media attention and praise. Bands like U2, Audioslave, Foo Fighters, and the RHCP fall into this catagory. Sure these bands might not be at their peak. But they're still all very good and way better than most crap out there today. Would you rather these bands retire so Nicklback, Scott Stapp and Good Charlotte can take their places? Why all the bitterness towards them? It has to be jelousy. Does it really bother you people that much that other bands are bigger than PJ? Who cares if Audioslave sells 3 times as well as PJ? As for Audioslave I think they're good. I tend to get tired of them quickly but that doesn't mean they suck. If you don't like a song like Heavens Dead then I really wonder about your taste in music.

I really don't see that too much at all. From what I've seen people dislike Audioslave because they're rather boring and not at all better than the two bands that one was born from. I personally just can't stand Cornell's voice at all. That being said, there's a huge amount of fans here that love most everything that came from the early 90's and went up against PJ. That would include the Screaming Trees, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, etc. I don't know that I can say I've seen a group like the one you speak of.

As for people who say at least Audioslave is better than alot of crap out there, that isn't saying much. Granted people who say that are Audioslave fans but when I see that phrase all I see is "At least they are the best of the worst" or "their the best crap out there". A lot of music listeners don't want the best of the worst but rather the best of the best. For the most part(guessing since I don't listen to the radio), the good stuff worth hearing isn't going to be found on radio stations often. That doesn't hold true entirely as it's certainly possible the radio may get a whiff of some good music and talented bands.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • Options
    What I think of those 2 tracks
    Preaching The End Of THe World - pretty average instrumentation (actually, the same for both), some good vocal delivery, but some atrocious lyrics that I just cannot get by me (the whole "friend/end" just kills me and not in a good way). I am not too big a fan of this one

When I'm Down - The Much better of the two. Once again the instrumentation is very standard - stealing a page right out of the verses of the Beatles' "Oh Darling," bu it is quite an enjoyable song. not really what I'm in the mood for now, but a lot better than the rest of CC's solo career(that I've heard, anyways)
  • Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    i think this album blows everthing;) ..it will be good,belive me or more than that...
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    'Hammer Of The Gods'

well i hope this one at least punches me in the head like zeppelin.

'Shape Of Things To Come'

and this one. i'm thinking refused. time to find their inner punk i think.

come on audioslave, give me something that says FUCK YOU! or at least YEAH BABY!
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    That being said, there's a huge amount of fans here that love most everything that came from the early 90's and went up against PJ. That would include the Screaming Trees, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, etc. I don't know that I can say I've seen a group like the one you speak of.

Every band you mentioned is no longer active. I'm talking about bands from PJ's era that are still active. Bands that are bigger than PJ and get more attention. Name one band that falls into that catagory and still gets consistent respect on this board. It's possible that some do suck. But for almost every band that was popular in the early 90's and still is to get ripped on this board makes me wonder. I think there's a large number of PJ fans who are jelous because PJ has faded into obscurity over they years. While other bands (Green Day, U2, RHCP, DMB, Foo Fighters) are still as popular as ever. But it's not cool to be popular. If Green Day has too many teenage fans then American Idiot sucks. Despte the fact that most PJ fans actually loved it initially and voted it their favorite album of 2004. If Bono is trying to help Africa he must be doing it for the attention. If the RHCP don't bring back the funk then they must be sellouts. It never ends.
  • Options
    That being said, there's a huge amount of fans here that love most everything that came from the early 90's and went up against PJ. That would include the Screaming Trees, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, etc. I don't know that I can say I've seen a group like the one you speak of.

Every band you mentioned is no longer active. I'm talking about bands from PJ's era that are still active. Bands that are bigger than PJ and get more attention. Name one band that falls into that catagory and still gets consistent respect on this board. It's possible that some do suck. But for almost every band that was popular in the early 90's and still is to get ripped on this board makes me wonder. I think there's a large number of PJ fans who are jelous because PJ has faded into obscurity over they years. While other bands (Green Day, U2, RHCP, DMB, Foo Fighters) are still as popular as ever. But it's not cool to be popular. If Green Day has too many teenage fans then American Idiot sucks. Despte the fact that most PJ fans actually loved it initially and voted it their favorite album of 2004. If Bono is trying to help Africa he must be doing it for the attention. If the RHCP don't bring back the funk then they must be sellouts. It never ends.[/quote]
  • Options
    McCready00McCready00 Posts: 371
    political albums are soooo 4 years late..
    -"it's times like these you have to ask yourself, "what would mike mccready do"
  • Options
    i can't wait for audioslave to break up. i don't even care if soundgarden or rage never re-form, i just want audioslave to stop being so terrible.
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    i can't wait for audioslave to break up. i don't even care if soundgarden or rage never re-form, i just want audioslave to stop being so terrible.

Look dude there's lots of people out there enjoying Audioslave, you dont have to listen to them you have the choice.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.