Options

Dani California vs WWS

2»

Comments

• Options
    The thing about Dani (Though it's a nice catchy RHCP song) is that is never really climaxes......it just strides from beginning to end. The John solo is probably the highlight.

I too was hoping they'd mix it up a little, but it sounds very similar to other work. It's too bad they are releasing their album so close to PJ's, I won't be able to really listen to Stadium Arcadium for quite a while.

It's cool though, RHCP is in my top 10.
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=2848604&posted=1#post2848604

The First Casualties Of WorldWideSuicide.....Viva La Pearl Jam!
  • Options
    i think dani california is a better single.

I think it definately fits the 'better single' criteria as well. Very simple sounding melody and chorus. You immediately know it's the RHCP.

also since its a double album for the chilis i know it will probably have alot more impressive songs.

I also expect them to 'stray' from their sound a little....The Chili Peppers can rock, I'd like to hear more of it.
    i just think the chilis overall is a better band. still cant argue as well this is a pearl jam forum.

I'm not a psycho PJ fan....I'd be more than willing to discuss this with you. ;)

• Options
    i'm a psycho and i disagree with him ;)

setting all bias aside, the main reason i say that is consistancy.

RHCP can be hit or miss (especially live).

love them though.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    i'm a psycho and i disagree with him ;)

setting all bias aside, the main reason i say that is consistancy.

RHCP can be hit or miss (especially live).

love them though.

I've seen them twice live....a lot of it depends on whether or not Anthony can keep up with the rest of the band.

I think they should play more than the standard 1:30 set with the same songs most nights. They have a ton of material. I'd like to see them jam onstage for a while. (Something they didn't really do when I saw them)

• Options
    InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    Both good songs. I like WWS a bit better as a whole but DC has a great chorus. DC sounds edited on the radio, though.
  • Options
    chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    I think the reason the Chili's sets are shorter than most big bands is cause so much energy goes into there show, they only play one or two slower songs at a show, the rest and fast and furious.... ive seen the Chili's three times and havent been disappointed yet.
  • Options
    Al DeniroAl Deniro Posts: 13
    Everyone knows Kiedis can't sing live...saw him in Sydney and was hugely disappointed...If only the bulk of radio listeners knew that there is'nt much between he and Gwen Stefani in a live setting.
    My life is a disaster zone
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    yup seen them live too...Flea and Frusciante were good..but Anthony wasnt anything great..not to mention their predictable setlists.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    is there album gona be double? i couldnt imagine people in this day and age listenin to it all except for the diehard fans. and they will only play the hit songs off the album live, seems quite wasteful.
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    I'm not a RHCP fan - I walked out halfway through the last concert of theirs I was at - but that Dani California song is awesome.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    is there album gona be double? i couldnt imagine people in this day and age listenin to it all except for the diehard fans. and they will only play the hit songs off the album live, seems quite wasteful.

i dont understand why normal fans couldnt listen to a double album. still lots of double albums about, system of a downs double for example..